Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

HauntedMansionFLA

Plenty of Non-VR proposals have been made for the space.

False. The project started VR, it's issues were exposed, then it became 3D, then 2D, then irrelevant.

Bingo. One sim per theater. Ft a Turtle Trek-Esque dome.

The goal was to maximize capacity, something Stitch doesn't do, and hasn't outside of its first months.
No. Or at least not the alien encounter, could be AE in name.
@Magic Feather - any snow ball of heck Stich changed over to Vader Encounters like Alien Encounters?

celluloid

Right now? Pretty unlikely.

There you go. To the jerks that were somehow felt my opinions were not good enough based on what I have heard, now you can go back and read the "Don't get your hopes up" if it makes you feel better to hear it from Martin(can't blame you, he's the best on here)

TwilightZone

Wasn't there at one point a rumor involving Dreamfinder and Figment taking over this location? (During the Tomorrowland/Discoveryland debate) Does that sound familiar to anyone? Anyway... As for the Stitch IP specifically why wouldn't they just retool the show?
I remember hearing about dreamfinder and figment being in tomorrowland, but no info on what building or what kind of attraction. which of course is the number one thing to look at when it comes to rumors. does it have specifics? if not then most likely it's either really early in development over at disney, or doesn't exist at all. Still would like imagination to move though for various reasons (west coast figment is the dream), but I think it replacing buzz lightyear is a better option if it were to happen.

bclane

We should just stop with acronyms all together. I go by fine just by calling rides by their name or shortening the name (for example, buzz lightyear astro blasters as just buzz lightyear or buzz)
It would make it easier to understand what people are talking about sometimes that’s for sure...but good luck convincing the board of that.

No Name

I'm aware of our insider's report of a planned WiR that was scrapped. I wasn't criticizing that. I was criticizing this...

Also, the insiders information can change at any time as it often does. Don't underestimate capital expenditure bean counters.
Wherein someone presumed the attraction was axed for budgetary reasons. That is not established by any insider rumor, but based on that person's simmering anti-Disney sentiment. If that doesn't get called out, then the internet gets awashed with the unfounded rumor WiR was cut because of how stingy Disney is.

I think we've all have endured a master class on Fake News to spot a plant of false information.

But it did get scrapped for budgetary reasons. It started as a fancy shmancy attraction and kept losing Ds until it became nothing. Say budgetary limits wasn't the reason, then what could it have realistically been? Give me one possibility.

This is how the internet gets awashed with conspiracy theories.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
But it did get scrapped for budgetary reasons. It started as a fancy shmancy attraction and kept losing Ds until it became nothing. Say budgetary limits wasn't the reason, then what could it have realistically been? Give me one possibility.

This is how the internet gets awashed with conspiracy theories.
The budget wasn't the direct reason. It was felt it wasn't of good enough quality.

No Name

The budget wasn't the direct reason. It was felt it wasn't of good enough quality.

Right, exactly. They want to get the best value out of their dollar. If budget wasn't an issue, then they could've spent more to bring it up to good enough quality. And they could've built both this and other proposals in different locations. But obviously they didn't see enough value in that.

For one to suggest budget isn't the ultimate reason is silly.

Anyway it's a silly argument.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom