Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't even think Wreck it Ralph was on Disney's plans, rather it was just a rumour that emerged from the internet.

Not really. While there are rumors not based on anything but supposition or wishful thinking that float around the internet that people think they're actually true rumors (cf. "they'll fix the Yeti when Pandora opens" -- which didn't happen); this rumor had the support of several insiders. WiR was indeed the plan, but it got scrapped. Corroborating proof is the fact they they had closed Stitch obviously with the intent of overhauling it to something... but then nothing happened, and so they're still using it seasonally for rush times of the year.

There's a new likely replacement according to one of our insiders, but, last he leaked, it wasn't fully greenlit yet.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
If you don't have a source, it's not a rumor. It's wishful thinking. It's a presumption. It's a guess.

Otherwise, you'd have people flooding this forum with stuff like, "I'm sure WDW is going to create a Zootopia land in DAK."

Or did someone change the name of the forum to "WAGs"?
More like SWAGs. According to Merriam-Webster, a rumor is "talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source." By extension, a "rumor" with a "source" becomes "news."

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
More like SWAGs. According to Merriam-Webster, a rumor is "talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source." By extension, a "rumor" with a "source" becomes "news."

I see your M-W and raise you an American Heritage:

1. A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.
2. Unverified information received from another; hearsay.​

Unverified means we don't have a verified source. So, when our insiders tell us what's happening, they don't reveal their source, which makes it an unverified source.

So, we have another word with various meanings. Do you think that the context of this forum is in the sense of spit people make up because they want it to be true or are guessing it to be true and then purport it as real possibility?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I see your M-W and raise you an American Heritage:

1. A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.
2. Unverified information received from another; hearsay.​

Unverified means we don't have a verified source. So, when our insiders tell us what's happening, they don't reveal their source, which makes it an unverified source.

So, we have another word with various meanings. Do you think that the context of this forum is in the sense of spit people make up because they want it to be true or are guessing it to be true and then purport it as real possibility?
Well, the title of the forum is "News, Rumors and Current Events," not "News, Insider Rumors and Current Events." And the rest of your definition says "uncertain origin" which means you don't have a definitive source for the information. Yes, I understand that an insider rumor might have more veracity than one reported by just some unwashed schlub of a Disney fan, but that slight taint of authenticity doesn't necessarily make it a "better" rumor (see Disneyworld Bus Driver*).

*no offense meant, @Driver

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Well, the title of the forum is "News, Rumors and Current Events," not "News, Insider Rumors and Current Events." And the rest of your definition says "uncertain origin" which means you don't have a definitive source for the information. Yes, I understand that an insider rumor might have more veracity than one reported by just some unwashed schlub of a Disney fan, but that slight taint of authenticity doesn't necessarily make it a "better" rumor (see Disneyworld Bus Driver*).

*no offense meant, @Driver

Ok, then.

But, this being a discussion board, I'll discuss how an 'unfounded rumor' is unfounded, point it out, and roundly mock people reacting to rumors with no basis in actual sources, especially when they make up their own stuff as a launching pad for their moment of drama.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Ok, then.

But, this being a discussion board, I'll discuss how an 'unfounded rumor' is unfounded, point it out, and roundly mock people reacting to rumors with no basis in actual sources, especially when they make up their own stuff as a launching pad for their moment of drama.
As is your right. And don't forget to thank the Phoenicians.

splash1988

What could Stich’s replacement be?
Is it Alien Encounter? :)
Anything would be better than Stitch. Such a waste of prime real estate, just like "golf course and cemeteries" I tell ya.
upload_2017-11-9_9-8-8.jpeg

trainplane3

Ok, then.

To back up this, I believe a while back @marni1971 actually specified it was originally AR, then VR, then 3D, then the project sort of dropped off. So there is/was weight to this rumor.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
To back up this, I believe a while back @marni1971 actually specified it was originally AR, then VR, then 3D, then the project sort of dropped off. So there is/was weight to this rumor.

I'm aware of our insider's report of a planned WiR that was scrapped. I wasn't criticizing that. I was criticizing this...

Also, the insiders information can change at any time as it often does. Don't underestimate capital expenditure bean counters.
Wherein someone presumed the attraction was axed for budgetary reasons. That is not established by any insider rumor, but based on that person's simmering anti-Disney sentiment. If that doesn't get called out, then the internet gets awashed with the unfounded rumor WiR was cut because of how stingy Disney is.

I think we've all have endured a master class on Fake News to spot a plant of false information.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
Seems like a small space for any sugar rush inspired attraction that wouldn't involve vr.
Plenty of Non-VR proposals have been made for the space.
all rumors involved vr, even after Iger's statement. It got really ridiculous really fast.
False. The project started VR, it's issues were exposed, then it became 3D, then 2D, then irrelevant.
unless if they gut the theaters and make them into motion simulator areas, then it might be enough space for one, but it depends on how large the motion simulators themselves are.
Bingo. One sim per theater. Ft a Turtle Trek-Esque dome.
so your saying cram a popular IP into a low capacity scenario and celebrate the 140 minute waits as some kind of good thing? sounds like TWDC would jump on that.
The goal was to maximize capacity, something Stitch doesn't do, and hasn't outside of its first months.
What could Stich’s replacement be?
Is it Alien Encounter? :)
No. Or at least not the alien encounter, could be AE in name.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Wasn't there at one point a rumor involving Dreamfinder and Figment taking over this location? (During the Tomorrowland/Discoveryland debate) Does that sound familiar to anyone? Anyway... As for the Stitch IP specifically why wouldn't they just retool the show?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
IMO Stitch "fits" in Tomorrowland much better than Ralph. If anything I'd rather Stitch stay. While they're at it I'd be happy if Monster's Inc. (another low performer) was removed. In any case Ralph doesn't belong. Monsters don't belong. TRON... barely fits. Why has Tomorrowland become the idea dumping ground for IPs that "sorta-fit-but-not-really."

bclane

IMO Stitch "fits" in Tomorrowland much better than Ralph. If anything I'd rather Stitch stay. While they're at it I'd be happy if Monster's Inc. (another low performer) was removed. In any case Ralph doesn't belong. Monsters don't belong. TRON... barely fits. Why has Tomorrowland become the idea dumping ground for IPs that "sorta-fit-but-not-really."
WALL-E fits. Why we have Monsters Inc and don’t have a WALL-E ride in Tomorrowland just seems silly to me (though I do love MILF when the mood hits).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom