Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

erwinalber4

For the record my post a few pages back about Stitch burping was a sarcastic joke. :oops:
Those seats do look gross though now I don't feel as bad walking past it everytime. :p

Mike S

I distinctly remember both....
- flashlight guy gets eaten, liquid drips from below
- "drool" after the thing breathes down your neck.

Right?
I wouldn't know since I was too chicken to do it while it was still open. I've only seen Stitch in person :oops:

AE I only know from the Internet.

ProjectXBlog

What's happened to you Martin? You never used to be quite so nasty in your replies. I have a different opinion then you, as many do. You have a history with Disney that I don't, but, that doesn't make your opinion more correct then mine. I, unlike, a few, feel that life is way to short to not find the fun in something. You don't like it... OK, that's your right, but you don't have to be snotty about it.
I apologise.
sigh

TeriofTerror

I wouldn't know since I was too chicken to do it while it was still open. I've only seen Stitch in person :oops:

AE I only know from the Internet.
That's a shame. It was really good!
I get why it was too much of a departure from the expected for many Disney guests. It was a little scary. But at least there was a bit of a warning. I have more sympathy for those who go into a Stitch attraction expecting typical Disney innocent fun, and then come out wondering what the heck happened.
And for the record, I adore Lilo and Stitch, and would be thrilled with an attraction befitting the film.

mimitchi33

Because is it nasty and unpleasant. The same goes for JIIwF. I think Disney is better that burp and fart jokes, but that's just me.
People like good smells and most people don't like bad smells. If the same guy did the smells for Horizons, perhaps we would have got a manure smell for the agriculture scene instead of the oranges.
The scent is actually burnt coffee in Figment. My mom told me this when riding it last, and it was one of two things she said on it (the other was asking me to take a picture of that moon everyone likes talking about on here).
On the subject of Stitch, my mom told me I did ride this ride...and was so upset by something in it that we missed our dinner reservation at Crystal Palace! I was six, I think...and Mom said the smell upset me. I really hope it is open so I can see why it made me that upset. Can anyone tell me what it actually smells like in case it is closed during my next visit?

PorterRedkey

The scent is actually burnt coffee in Figment. My mom told me this when riding it last, and it was one of two things she said on it (the other was asking me to take a picture of that moon everyone likes talking about on here).
On the subject of Stitch, my mom told me I did ride this ride...and was so upset by something in it that we missed our dinner reservation at Crystal Palace! I was six, I think...and Mom said the smell upset me. I really hope it is open so I can see why it made me that upset. Can anyone tell me what it actually smells like in case it is closed during my next visit?
Both scents and audio can trigger memories - Disney should use both more judiciously.

RobidaFlats

I distinctly remember both....
- flashlight guy gets eaten, liquid drips from below
- "drool" after the thing breathes down your neck.

Right?

I can't be sure since my only reference is my memory, but I don't think that there was any drool. However, I do remember warm, moist air on your neck as the alien breathed on you from behind.

Cliff Racer

Its supposed to smell like chilidogs and I, at least, thought that it did. Bear in mind though that the smell is supposed to come from Stitch's mouth so I can understand why people would be grossed out. I thought it was cute but something I'd only do once per trip.

Bocabear

Burnt coffee? No... there is no burnt coffee smell on imagination... And Stitch's Great Escape is so lame I don't understand how anyone could be upset over it...unless maybe you were upset yoou wasted time doing that attraction when you could have been on a better attraction...lol

PorterRedkey

Burnt coffee? No... there is no burnt coffee smell on imagination... And Stitch's Great Escape is so lame I don't understand how anyone could be upset over it...unless maybe you were upset yoou wasted time doing that attraction when you could have been on a better attraction...lol
I believe the scent is burnt rubber, but I may be wrong? Can anyone verify this?

mimitchi33

I have a disability and a lot of weird stuff freaked me out as a child that wouldn't freak out a normal person. For example, I had a fear of elephants before I turned ten because of a scary cartoon movie about an elephant when I was little (Mumfie's Quest).
And there are many links about the burnt coffee smell in Figment on the internet. Here are some:
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Journey_Into_Imagination_With_Figment
http://www.disboards.com/threads/jo...ll-still-in-hair-please-advise.2393534/page-2
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/imagination-being-replaced-w-dr-doof.859561/page-19
...of the seats?

IMG_20150717_142845_082.jpg

IMG_20150717_142009_231.jpg
This has more to do with the age of the theater. It's been used ever since Mission to Mars.

Bairstow

This has more to do with the age of the theater. It's been used ever since Mission to Mars.

The seats were only installed with alien encounter. If it were merely a theater age problem, and not the revolting scent residues Disney allows to dry on the seats, why don't the seats in the Hall of Presidents look this way?

Also, is there any actual confirmation that figment has always used coffee or just a bunch of sites and forums echoing each other?

Buried20KLeague

I can't be sure since my only reference is my memory, but I don't think that there was any drool. However, I do remember warm, moist air on your neck as the alien breathed on you from behind.

There was no drool. There was a flick of the tongue from the alien though that I could see being remembered over time as drool.

mimitchi33

There was no drool. There was a flick of the tongue from the alien though that I could see being remembered over time as drool.
I think you're confusing it with the hot liquid that fell from the ceiling, accompanied by screaming. (I read about that in a summary of AE, as I was too young to ride it when it closed and my parents never knew it was there!).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom