Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Bairstow

There was certainly a sprinkle of water sprayed on you. Some interpreted it as drool, some as blood. My sick childhood imagination thought it was blood. Perhaps you were unlucky enough to have never had a working water sprayer?

Yep. Very similar effect to Fozzie's water-showering flower effect in Muppetvision.

...except totally in the dark and accompanied by the screams of a dying man.

You can hear the audience react to it right after 5:15

Bartattack

There was certainly a sprinkle of water sprayed on you. Some interpreted it as drool, some as blood. My sick childhood imagination thought it was blood. Perhaps you were unlucky enough to have never had a working water sprayer?

Scariest ride of my entire childhood.

Yes, on the screens above, you could see a guy searching for the alien. He finds it, screams, lights go out and then they sprayed the water. (Like blood). Scary stuff.

Buried20KLeague

Scariest ride of my entire childhood.

You're not understanding what I'm saying.

The guy said there was drool that ran down your neck from the alien. That's not the case. That's what I was addressing. I then mentioned that there was a flicking of the "alien tongue" on your neck/hairline, and that that could be what they were recalling and wrongly thought it was liquid.

I wasn't at all commenting on the drips from the ceiling, which as you said, were present. I always considered that to be dropping blood from the alien's victim we just saw get jumped on the video screens... Not drool.

HeroOfWDW

Back to the topic of the Wreck it Ralph attraction. What is the point of replacing Stitch for a ride that will hold (I think I'm correct) a lower capacity? How are they possibly going to make Wreck it Ralph work in that small space, where speedway, is a better fit.

FullSailDan

Back to the topic of the Wreck it Ralph attraction. What is the point of replacing Stitch for a ride that will hold (I think I'm correct) a lower capacity? How are they possibly going to make Wreck it Ralph work in that small space, where speedway, is a better fit.

ANYTHING is an improvement capacity wise over stitch. Alien encounter used to garner a really long line and hence the queue area is big with multiple stages within it.At this stage, Stitch is so under visited they often run the attraction with a third or less of the seats filled. Spending at least one night a week in the MK for the last 2 years, I've rarely seen stitch have more than a 10-15 minute wait. They could literally put a meet and greet in there with a sanitation worker and it would have a bigger line.

Bocabear

ANYTHING is an improvement capacity wise over stitch. Alien encounter used to garner a really long line and hence the queue area is big with multiple stages within it.At this stage, Stitch is so under visited they often run the attraction with a third or less of the seats filled. Spending at least one night a week in the MK for the last 2 years, I've rarely seen stitch have more than a 10-15 minute wait. They could literally put a meet and greet in there with a sanitation worker and it would have a bigger line.
Don't give them any ideas...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Capacity could be a match for SGE. Not that SGE usually gets close to its hourly potential.

Bairstow

How are they possibly going to make Wreck it Ralph work in that small space, where speedway, is a better fit.
hqdefault.jpg

MagicHappens1971

So current rumor is that we're looking at several of these running a Sugar Rush program of some sort?
kartkraft_gamescom_rtovr_2.jpg
Something like this would be cool, but it seems more like a DisneyQuest experience. I don't know how I would feel about a virtual reality experience in the parks, since thats whats being hinted at.

Bairstow

It would be cool if they themed the cars to the different cars in Sugar Rush. Like Vanellope's or King Candy's. Whichever car you chose, depend on what role you played in the race.

The "kart race" motif actually would make it super-easy to insert the guests into the game. With racing helmets as part of the themed excuse for the VR gear, you would just need to take a quick picture of the guests's faces and map them onto the in game avatars to bring everyone "into the magic" or whatever.

djkidkaz

Couple of things:

I wish they would take all the stuff from Stitch once they gut it and rebuild Alien Encounter over at Studios where it would be accepted more in that park.

And I do not want any of this virtual reality stuff in the park. It's a disneyquest thing as someone stated and it's also gross to have to put something on my face that people are sweating in all day with the Florida heat! These things generally make a lot of people nauseous as well.

Mike S

Couple of things:

I wish they would take all the stuff from Stitch once they gut it and rebuild Alien Encounter over at Studios where it would be accepted more in that park.

And I do not want any of this virtual reality stuff in the park. It's a disneyquest thing as someone stated and it's also gross to have to put something on my face that people are sweating in all day with the Florida heat! These things generally make a lot of people nauseous as well.
Maybe they can actually use Alien this time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom