Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

doctornick

Yep, were you the original proponent of that idea? I've long been in support of it.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to come up with the idea, but I have been a strong advocate of it. From just a thematic and cohesive standpoint, IASW fits so much better in WS than in the European medieval castle themed Fantasyland. Sure, in other castle parks, I can understand it's placement in FL and it's iconic, but WDW has an even better location possible.

On top of that, moving IASW fixes one of the biggest choke points of guest flow in MK and allows for a huge amount of new real estate to be accessed that could be used for a sizable FL expansion. It would actually justify the expense of moving a ride.

Now, I know there is no will or impetus to do such a move, but I firmly would argue that it makes a ton of sense and would commend Disney for making the choice if they did.

NothingRhymeswithOrange

I'm sure I'm not the first person to come up with the idea, but I have been a strong advocate of it. From just a thematic and cohesive standpoint, IASW fits so much better in WS than in the European medieval castle themed Fantasyland. Sure, in other castle parks, I can understand it's placement in FL and it's iconic, but WDW has an even better location possible.

On top of that, moving IASW fixes one of the biggest choke points of guest flow in MK and allows for a huge amount of new real estate to be accessed that could be used for a sizable FL expansion. It would actually justify the expense of moving a ride.

Now, I know there is no will or impetus to do such a move, but I firmly would argue that it makes a ton of sense and would commend Disney for making the choice if they did.

I second this and raise moving CoP to Epcot as well (since its been discussed here about a zillion times). Obviosuly not to WS but to future world.

Mike S

If they put B&tB in France after building Belle's entire Village and the Beast's Castle in Fantasyland I will have a stroke.
Buzz in Tomorrowland outside TSL, Nemo in The Seas and Dinoland of all places, Little Mermaid and B&tB shows still in DHS after NFL, etc. It's tradition to throw IP in multiple places :):hilarious::(
That character needs a comeback. He's too good to just fade away into obscurity.
Well, Disney is currently on a remake/sequel kick.

Timothy_Q

I'm afraid Disney is in the process of ruining things that previously made sense, instead of fixing ones that don't.

But I totally agree with your idea.

Alejandro

'Stitch's Great Escape' going away possibly.....

Of the two choices, I would have thought they would remove the 'Laugh Floor'.
It seems to me it would be a more cost effective choice since it burns more payroll to operate ( both CMs and Entertainment Cast behind the curtains ).
Also, I would have thought it would be a more appealing target as the square footage inside is larger then the spot where 'Stitch's' is located.

Interesting.

Of the two, I would keep 'Stitch' and dump 'Laugh Floor'.

-
Bring back Alien Encounter!

SAV

I think they should re-theme the Castle to Vanellope's Castle...it would look something like this:
d927e13a2f4ed7d4e88285818bbea619.jpg

Or if they still have these parts in storage, use it to re-theme the Racetrack to Sugar Rush.

Mike S

I think they should re-theme the Castle to Vanellope's Castle...it would look something like this:

Or if they still have these parts in storage, use it to re-theme the Racetrack to Sugar Rush.
I always wondered exactly how this was done. Were those parts placed over everything or were some parts of the original castle removed and replaced? Because some of it doesn't look like it would perfectly fit over the regular parts of the castle like those lifesaver towers.

mimitchi33

Buzz in Tomorrowland outside TSL, Nemo in The Seas and Dinoland of all places, Little Mermaid and B&tB shows still in DHS after NFL, etc. It's tradition to throw IP in multiple places
At least Nemo has something to do with the ocean.

That would be a great idea! This castle was too pretty to put to waste...
(If you hate it, I respect your opinion...)

Jones14

If they put B&tB in France after building Belle's entire Village and the Beast's Castle in Fantasyland I will have a stroke.
Glad to know I'm not the only one. Especially considering that they have an IP that would fit better in that area that would almost certainly cost them less to build (Ratatouille). And I'm still bitter about not getting Tokyo's upcoming E-Ticket.

TeriofTerror

I always wondered exactly how this was done. Were those parts placed over everything or were some parts of the original castle removed and replaced? Because some of it doesn't look like it would perfectly fit over the regular parts of the castle like those lifesaver towers.
It was so ugly. I hadn't been to WDW since 1987, so when I finally made it back in 1996 for my honeymoon, I was appalled. I believe the word I used repeatedly was "desecration".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom