Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Bocabear

Wouldn't a roger rabbit ride work at DHS?

200703060208_941.jpg
I would WAY rather have Toontown than Toy Story Land... and if a Mickey dark ride went into the old Art Of Animation spot it would make the perfect entry into an entire fleshed out Toontown... expanding into Pixar properties as well as others...

doctornick

Are you saying what I think you're saying?

I've actually felt Ratatouille in the France pavilion makes a lot of sense. Better fit than Frozen in Norway (Ratatouille at least takes place in actual France and celebrates culinary arts that the country is known for) and would add a great family ride in an area of WS that would benefit to spread out crowds.

I mean, if they actually had to put an IP in France, it's not a bad option (though I'd pick a dark ride based on Hunchback as my ideal choice).

doctornick

Any more than Fantasyland isn't a cohesive theme? There is also some speculation that Pixar movies all operate in the same world.

FWIW, I do think that FL in WDW is more cohesive now with the FLE (though the circus should be split off as it's own separate land). To me, the biggest thing that sticks out is IASW, which I've long contended would be ideal if it were moved to World Showcase which is the spiritual successor to the ride anyway.

montyz81

FWIW, I do think that FL in WDW is more cohesive now with the FLE (though the circus should be split off as it's own separate land). To me, the biggest thing that sticks out is IASW, which I've long contended would be ideal if it were moved to World Showcase which is the spiritual successor to the ride anyway.
The only way this could be a spiritual precursor to World Showcase is if IASW handed out food in every country you pass through.. how cool would it be to grab a dole whip through the Hawaii part of IASW.

CaptainAmerica

In my head canon, Storybook Circus is its own land. It's the only way the entrance song makes sense (seven lands and more).

Mike S

It'd work better in DHS but a park can have only so much LPS ride systems.

Epcot it might have to be then.
If there's ever an IP based LPS ride in France I'd prefer the B&tB ride from Tokyo. Frozen opened the door for this nonsense, might as well get something much cooler looking than Ratatouille out of it. What have you heard about that ride btw?
I would WAY rather have Toontown than Toy Story Land... and if a Mickey dark ride went into the old Art Of Animation spot it would make the perfect entry into an entire fleshed out Toontown... expanding into Pixar properties as well as others...
Toontown with the rumored Mickey GMR replacement as a new build and a clone of Roger Rabbit. I'd be over the moon.

RobbinsDad

Isn't Pixar Place exactly the kind of IP mishmash that people here denounce so much? "Pixar" isn't a cohesive theme.
I'll agree with this. While I also believe WDW is better with a healthy mix of IP and orginal idea attractions, putting anything Pixar into one "land" limits any potential crossover for future tie-ins with Pixar films in other areas of the World, where they actually might make sense.

Bairstow

I'll agree with this. While I also believe WDW is better with a healthy mix of IP and orginal idea attractions, putting anything Pixar into one "land" limits any potential crossover for future tie-ins with Pixar films in other areas of the World, where they actually might make sense.

Hasn't that boat already sailed? Not only are there Pixar-based attractions in every park, there's nearly a Pixar-based feature of some kind in every land.

Rodan75

SMH. If you don't think Tron would fit in Tomorrowland, then you have zero credibility. Tron is the most-Tomorrowland-iest concept on the face of the earth and there's absolutely nothing about it that's more "futuristic" than Candy Crush. You just can't see past the fact that it's blue and neon instead of rainbow colored.

Candy Crush is not about a Candyland, it's about entering a digital video game world. The hero's defining characteristic is that she's a programming glitch. Wreck-it Ralph is a Disneyfied version of The Matrix.

I think you are missing the point...neon is futuristic and pink is girly...and girly can't be futuristic...duh...lol

RoysCabin

I've actually felt Ratatouille in the France pavilion makes a lot of sense. Better fit than Frozen in Norway (Ratatouille at least takes place in actual France and celebrates culinary arts that the country is known for) and would add a great family ride in an area of WS that would benefit to spread out crowds.

I mean, if they actually had to put an IP in France, it's not a bad option (though I'd pick a dark ride based on Hunchback as my ideal choice).

Hmm. Spitballing an idea, if we work from a base of "IPs are inevitable, but how do we maximize their thematic relevance?", how about the idea of a dark ride (boat ride, track, whichever) where the main topic is France itself, but various French-based Disney properties are used to highlight different parts of the country? Something a bit akin to using the Three Caballeros to do a travelogue ride the way they do in Mexico, but with a clearer focus on French culture.

For example, you could begin the ride with a bit of French history, plus incorporate an arc where you start in the provinces (maybe some Beauty and the Beast characters?) through to Paris (a sweeping reveal of the "Old Town Paris" city-scape that is scored with Quasimodo ringing Notre Dame's bells), plus including a scene highlighting Paris' culinary accomplishments (Remy cameo), but all in the service of highlighting the country itself, leave riders with a feeling of "Hey, that place is really cool, I want to experience it more."

Personally, I'd be fine with just keeping the film, but like you say if this is the road we'll be stuck going down, I can just hope they choose to focus on what's thematically appropriate.

By the by, 100% agreed with folks that something with Wreck It Ralph, particularly the racing portion of the film, would almost certainly work best in the area the speedway is now. I'm curious about the mentions of a WIR marquee potentially having an impact on the view in the MK hub, that could be something that gins up a bit of controversy if it's handled in a ham-fisted manner.

RSoxNo1

Yep, were you the original proponent of that idea? I've long been in support of it.

Bocabear

If they put B&tB in France, along with the Impressions film, I could spend the whole day in that one World Showcase pavilion!
and likely you would because the line for the ride would be hours long...lol I would like new attractions as much as anyone else, but feel like Beauty and The Beast is better suited to The Magic Kingdom... Being a classic fairytale and all...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom