Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

CaptainAmerica

Pixar only counts as a theme if DHS still has the theme of being a working studio. They've dropped that, so now it's a category.
Even if DHS were a studio, I think the Pixar properties still work best in existing lands. Ratatouille works in the France pavilion, Nemo and Flik work in Animal Kingdom, and Inside Out could have been titled "Cranium Command: The Movie."

spresso81

Its image could possibly clash with the land. And the hub.

Depending which exterior design they go with.

I have never seen Wreck it Ralph in full (so I hope nobody throws a shoe at me here for that lol) but from what I am reading this could at its best be a better fit to Tomorrowland than say Monsters or Buzz Lightyear as the racing portion of the game could be seen as a futuristic software issue?

If this is true, then they key to making this fit in the land will be the pre-ride section/storyline and exterior.

As to Marni's last post I hope they make the exterior of the ride fit to the theme of the Avenue of the Planets even if the coloring/exteriors have some updates (the place still looks amazing at night time).

That being said, I am happy Stitch is leaving his home because while the animatronic figure is cool, the ride/show is bad and must be getting low guests reviews.

montyz81

What is going on here. All the rumors coming out are systematically removing anything left of Walt's vision of the future. If all of this stuff ends up coming to fruition, the only "Vision" of the future left will be COP and what now seems like COP version 2 in SSE HP style. All of my reasons for going to WDW are being destroyed in favor of Universal Studios IOE type rides. I am ultra disappointed in everything.
This is truly how I feel:

RSoxNo1

Isn't Pixar Place exactly the kind of IP mishmash that people here denounce so much? "Pixar" isn't a cohesive theme.
Any more than Fantasyland isn't a cohesive theme? There is also some speculation that Pixar movies all operate in the same world.

A Pixar land would be more difficult to pull off cohesively as a land dedicated to a single IP, but they had started to work it out with the current Pixar Place. One of the transition areas still exists, the large steel marquee that's near where the Monster's Inc Coaster was going to be built.

FigmentForver96

What is going on here. All the rumors coming out are systematically removing anything left of Walt's vision of the future. If all of this stuff ends up coming to fruition, the only "Vision" of the future left will be COP and what now seems like COP version 2 in SSE HP style. All of my reasons for going to WDW are being destroyed in favor of Universal Studios IOE type rides. I am ultra disappointed in everything.
This is truly how I feel:

This video is by far probably the most accurate thing to how I feel, especially about Epcot. Tomorrowland, I don't have a problem with IPs and such since we have Epcot to explore the technological side of stuff. It's when they just throw in random **** that vaguely works with theme that I get hot.

RSoxNo1

And like most fan theories, it ignores stuff that doesn't support it or blatantly contradicts it. Not unlike the "James Bond is a code name" nonsense.
Right, I'm not saying I subscribe to it, but it's something where a Fantasyland style blending of worlds is entirely possible.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
How would Sugar Rush not belong in Tomorrowland? It's a digital world where rogue programs wreak havoc on a technological system from within. It's Tron with a different paint job.
Tomorrowland has become SciFiLand, and they should just change its name accordingly, move CoP to Epcot (or leave it where it is but make it part of an expanded Main Street type area in the current parking lot), and designate the Speedway for future development.

Speedy71

Wouldn't a roger rabbit ride work at DHS?

200703060208_941.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom