Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Roughly the size of Star Wars Land. That is amazing.

SWL is 14 acres. So, that's a 5 acre difference. SLW is about 75% the size of FL. Also, FL doesn't have to 'waste space' with giant berms so that you can't see Tomorrowland. FL gets to use its entire space for attractions and shops. This means the usable space in SWL is actually smaller, about half the usable land as FL.

DDLand

Roughly the size of Star Wars Land. That is amazing.
That is interesting. It truly underscores the difference between classic Disney, and post Disney Decade space management. Two different ways of approaching a piece of property.

Am I the only one that found Vanellope and the Candy World a bit obnoxious? Well whatever, it looks like we're stuck with it. I fail to see how giant gum drops in the shadow of Space Mountain make any sense as a transition.

SWL is 14 acres. So, that's a 5 acre difference. SLW is about 75% the size of FL. Also, FL doesn't have to 'waste space' with giant berms so that you can't see Tomorrowland. FL gets to use its entire space for attractions and shops. This means the usable space in SWL is actually smaller, about half the usable land as FL.
It seems like he could've been implying dropping the Storybook Circus and Castle areas. The core Fantasyland is NF and Classic square setting. It's also worth noting the very nature of Star Wars Land call for the berms due to the massive show buildings. Fantasyland's more squat buildout keeps things more compact and efficient.

Last edited:

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Thanks @MisterPenguin that is a lot of space they have to work with to develop and add to, if they wanted...

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
So SWL is cut from the announced 14 to 10, quelle surprise

No... the area of land that SWL takes up is still 14 acres. The developed land that guests can access through paths, attractions, and shops is 10 acres. The difference being the buffer which gives the land its immersive feel. The area outlined below is 14.8 acres...

upload_2017-1-27_9-48-38.png

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No... the area of land that SWL takes up is still 14 acres. The developed land that guests can access through paths, attractions, and shops is 10 acres. The difference being the buffer which gives the land its immersive feel. The area outlined below is 14.8 acres...

View attachment 186471
That big berm adds 4 acres doesn't it. This also included the show buildings too of course.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
That big berm adds 4 acres doesn't it. This also included the show buildings too of course.

I'm not exactly following your point... The outline I created follows the overlay you posted previously. So, isn't the entirety of the occupied land 14 acres? And if so, how much acreage would you say is guest-accessible through attractions, shops, and walking?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm not exactly following your point... The outline I created follows the overlay you posted previously. So, isn't the entirety of the occupied land 14 acres? And if so, how much acreage would you say is guest-accessible through attractions, shops, and walking?
Sorry... I guess space taken by berms is another discussion if it should be included or not. I'll leave that one to others to argue over! I also believe this would be the first area to be used for expansion purposes as and when another attraction is considered. There's a proposal - and only a proposal - to add something eventually to the south but that's a discussion for another time.

Of the ten acres left I'd say around half is guest accessible not including the show buildings.

SirLink

Sorry... I guess space taken by berms is another discussion if it should be included or not. I'll leave that one to others to argue over! I also believe this would be the first area to be used for expansion purposes as and when another attraction is considered. There's a proposal - and only a proposal - to add something eventually to the south but that's a discussion for another time.

Of the ten acres left I'd say around half is guest accessible not including the show buildings.

How long ago did they reduce it from 14(announced) to 10 acres?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom