Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

jt04

Truth....then where could we put that ride? seeing it on youtube, it just looks so amazing.

Future World.

The speedway seems like a more likely candidate to use VR over WiR imo. Possibly could fit in the very large shop next to SM entrance that once was an arcade. That would open up all that acreage for development.

(Including parade viewing hint hint)

In my opinion.

Fox&Hound

I'd like to see the Speedway concept moved to DHS with a Cars theme. Alternatively, I love the idea of using a Wreck It Ralph/Sugar Rush concept as a bridge attraction between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.

You know, since DHS has an absence of rides for the younger ones, I could really see this being a good addition.

Fox&Hound

It seems like removing or redoing the Speedway could really help plus Tomorrowland so I am all for it. With the new WIR sequel coming out, I am not surprised they are considering going that route (synergy and all).

Chadder810

I totally get why some here are calling for this to be changed or removed. Personally, I'll be disappointed if they get rid of it. I enjoy the ride simply because my son loves it. I will miss seeing the joy on his face as he's driving. We will certainly need to ride this in March as it sounds like it might be our last chance to do so.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Use them all!

The CoP Parking Lot: 2.2 Acres
South of SM: 4.1 Acres
Speedway: 4.1 Acres
North of SM: 10.6 Acres
RoA and Beyond: 27 Acres (and more if you nix TSI).

For comparison:
CoP: .8 Acres
HM: 1.7 Acres
BTMR: 2.7 Acres
Space M: 2.8 Acres
@MisterPenguin How many acres is NFL? In comparison to other lands, they have plenty of land to build out like NFL if they wanted to.

Bocabear

@MisterPenguin How many acres is NFL? In comparison to other lands, they have plenty of land to build out like NFL if they wanted to.
I don't think space is really the problem...if they wanted to, they could fit just about anything...It's the desire to do it and spend the money...
There is planty of land there...enough that they wouldn't have to even close anything existing...

doctornick

Btw i want that TRON ride in Tomorrowland!!! I think almost everyone would be happy then. the ride is so dope!!!

I was thinking that it would actually be neat if they could do the Speedway idea but with a Tron Lightcycle appearance. Basically, your vehicle is a (electric powered, I hope) lightcycle instead of a race car. But realistically you can't really "drive" a motorcycle unless they have it set up with some sort of a groove that it automatically stays in.

I think that idea would work well to keep a version of the Speedway alive but fit much better with the TL future theme. That said...

Alternatively, I love the idea of using a Wreck It Ralph/Sugar Rush concept as a bridge attraction between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.

I think this is probably the most realistic and reasonable IP option for keeping the Speedway.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Use them all!

The CoP Parking Lot: 2.2 Acres
South of SM: 4.1 Acres
Speedway: 4.1 Acres
North of SM: 10.6 Acres
RoA and Beyond: 27 Acres (and more if you nix TSI).

For comparison:
CoP: .8 Acres
HM: 1.7 Acres
BTMR: 2.7 Acres
Space M: 2.8 Acres

Storybook Circus: 3.7
NFL Expansion (Belle, Ariel, Dwarfs): 6.5
Classic FL & Rapunzel: 6.7
Castle environs: 2.3.

Total: 19.2 Acres
upload_2017-1-26_16-7-50.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom