Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

baymenxpac

Yeah, I guess I'm only comparing to the previous stagnation, that anything happening feels like progress, but yes, lots of things still need updated.

i don't blame you, chris, because i think that's part of disney's PR strategy. "look how much we're investing! we're building X, Y, and Z!"

but WDW (despite its booming business) was getting by on a very stale set of offerings. it's like a person that needs to get healthy: it's great that he/she is eating salads instead of chicken fingers now, but it's going to take a while before the scale catches up and their cholesterol levels out.

Stripes

There’s some new stuff. But still plenty of stagnation.
Not disagreeing with you at all, but what things do you consider to still be stagnant? Any indication that they may change?

Again, not disagreeing at all, just wondering what your perspective is.

JJJ

Two thirds (or more) of the Magic Kingdom and everything in EPCOT that isn't one of the new additions or Test Track. On top of that, Star Wars and Toy Story State Fair are only going to add to operational problems at Hollywood Studios, there needs to be AT LEAST three to five additional rides (not attractions, rides) on top of what's going in along with every show in the park being replaced. Animal Kingdom needs another land (or two) with family dark rides and quality attractions without height limits.

Everything is stagnant. Ranking top stagnant to least stagnant I'd say:
1) EPCOT (being more stagnant than the other three parks combined)
2) MK
3) DHS
4)DAK

Out of curiosity, why did you rank DAK below DHS? Next year, DHS will have twice the rides than it did last year (and Martin has hinted that more is in store soon), while there doesn't seem to be a clear plan for DAK beyond what has already opened (unless there's something we don't know about?). Now, that's not really a ringing endorsement of the state of DHS, but it's definitely improvement. Honestly, it feels like every park except MK needs to double the amount of rides it has. MK has close to 30, while DHS will have 8 next year, DAK has 9, and EPCOT has 10. There's definitely a big imbalance there, but I guess that's why MK gets ~ twice the annual visitors, compared to the other parks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not disagreeing with you at all, but what things do you consider to still be stagnant? Any indication that they may change?

Again, not disagreeing at all, just wondering what your perspective is.

Known issues / deferred issues / opportunities:

BTM finale
Diamond Horseshoe
Pan
Philhar
Speedway
Space
WEDway
SGE
CoP finale
Night parade
Imag complex
Land comples
Seas complex
Innoventions
Superstar Theatre
Monster Theatre
Indy
Animation complex
ToT
Kali
Everest

And then we move into the undeveloped / capacity issues of each park.

Last edited:

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No

BTM finale
Diamond Horseshoe
Pan
Philhar
Speedway
Space
WEDway
SGE
CoP finale
Night parade
Imag complex
Land comples
Seas complex
Innoventions
Superstar Theatre
Monster Theatre
Indy
Animation complex
ToT
Kali
Everest

And you would think, with all these recent up charges, that they would use the extra funds to fix all of what needs to be fix.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Can I just say, as it's on Martin's list.
You guys don't have to believe me...
But the inside of Space?
That track?
It's weld
on top of weld
on top of weld
on top of weld
on top of weld
and i'm constantly amazed it hasn't collapsed or seriously hurt somebody.

As if we needed more reason to decry the lack of full track replacement it should have received in 2008... :mad:

trainplane3

Can I just say, as it's on Martin's list.
You guys don't have to believe me...
But the inside of Space?
That track?
It's weld
on top of weld
on top of weld
on top of weld
on top of weld
and i'm constantly amazed it hasn't collapsed or seriously hurt somebody.
Martin's mentioned that several, several times. It's such a reassuring feeling knowing the condition of SM. It's heavily trimmed as well because of its condition.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
it's kinda funny that Wreck it Ralph is going into The Void at Disney Springs, the Imagination Pavilion at Epcot, and the meet and greet in Innoventions, while Stitch sits empty.

Ralph's going to Innoventions as a M&G as a temporary placeholder until the themed M&G in ImageWorks is done. Then he'll move there for the M&G.

Missing20K

BTM finale
Diamond Horseshoe
Pan
Philhar
Speedway
Space
WEDway
SGE
CoP finale
Night parade
Imag complex
Land comples
Seas complex
Innoventions
Superstar Theatre
Monster Theatre
Indy
Animation complex
ToT
Kali
Everest

tumblr_inline_p9i0l8BFRx1r41qaa_540.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom