Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Bairstow

There were plans to make Space Mountain revolve around Stitch...From the trains it looked as it would have been for DL's Version...
tumblr_mrfu50F0vA1sp8qqio4_500.jpg

tumblr_mrfu50F0vA1sp8qqio1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrfu50F0vA1sp8qqio3_1280.jpg
Sounds good to me.
At this point, any change to the Florida space mountain would be an improvement.

Bairstow

It was enjoyable, but you definitely had to make your own fun sometimes. There wasn't a ton of backstage to it though, since it isn't a ride. We weren't even allowed up in the catwalks in the chambers, which used to be an on-stage role for a Cast Member when it was Alien Encounter.

It was its own rotation because it had so many roles, so that was always nice to not have to move between attractions. A lot of the positions were indoors, which was a plus. Not to mention you got to sit down during the shows and relax a little if you were on a theater role. Plus our breakroom was in the same building as the attraction, so that was convenient too.
Any stories or details are appreciated.
Did y'all have a procedure in place for guests that freaked out on the restraints?
What was the break room like? Was it permeated by the "chili dog" stench?

The Pho

There were plans to make Space Mountain revolve around Stitch...From the trains it looked as it would have been for DL's Version...
tumblr_mrfu50F0vA1sp8qqio4_500.jpg

tumblr_mrfu50F0vA1sp8qqio1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrfu50F0vA1sp8qqio3_1280.jpg
That would be interesting. Not enough to get me to venture out west again just for it, but that Space very much needed something more to it. I wouldn't be happy if they did that to Magic Kingdom's though, that Space is the perfect ride. Although if it was just pre and post ride, it wouldn't really change much then.

Maeryk

I still am baffled as to how wrong they got the implementation of Stitch. So many people love him, his merch is everywhere, and yet they can't think of a good way to make a ride for him. It's almost like he was shoehorned into an existing space. Oh wait...

I still think had ET and AE not preceded SGE, it would have been received (and remembered) completely differently.

disney lit

'Stitch's Great Escape' going away possibly.....

Of the two choices, I would have thought they would remove the 'Laugh Floor'.
It seems to me it would be a more cost effective choice since it burns more payroll to operate ( both CMs and Entertainment Cast behind the curtains ).
Also, I would have thought it would be a more appealing target as the square footage inside is larger then the spot where 'Stitch's' is located.

Interesting.

Of the two, I would keep 'Stitch' and dump 'Laugh Floor'.

-
true, laugh floor is a monumental waste

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
As far as I'm concerned both Buzz and LF can go too! TDO needs to step up. Clean slate? I'm glad Tomorrowland is getting an aesthetic overhaul but the land needs new rides and attractions. Fresh paint doesn't bring people to the land. IMO, Buzz Lightyear can go! It's a dated ride type that has a superior version in an entire land dedicated to the IP at DHS. And Laugh Floor, while creative and ambitious is still a snooze for most park guests. Plus, It just doesn't belong in Tomorrowland. Tomorrowland is in identity crisis mode.

Sad state of affairs when the only IP that actually fit Tomorrowland is now no longer a part of Tomorrowland. Says a lot about TDO and Imagineering! The Stitch show was mediocre at best but I can't help but think a reworked storyline could have solved many of it's problems.

I hope Tomorrowland can find it's identity and develop more "fitting" attractions. It's lagging behind other MK lands. IMO.

Last edited:

tl77

Blog Mickey has released photos of the Stitch Animatronic.

Out of a desire for proper credit: these photos were originally taken/posted by Backdoor Disney, and shared with permission by BlogMickey

I guess this means "something" new is coming they wouldn't spend the time, money, man power to dismantle it for nothing

tl77

Stitch seems like the kind of character that should have an "old-fashioned" Fantasyland style dark ride. The Stitch's Great Escape building is roughly the same size as the Mr Toad/Winnie the Pooh building, and The Laugh Floor is about the same size as well... maybe something like Stitch's Scary Adventures in one and Wall-E's Wild Ride in the other, with something a little more impressive than painted plywood... Everything doesn't need to be "next gen" those low tech rides that speed around in the dark fun for people of all ages, and are something Magic Kingdom is lacking now

ElBendro

Stitch seems like the kind of character that should have an "old-fashioned" Fantasyland style dark ride. The Stitch's Great Escape building is roughly the same size as the Mr Toad/Winnie the Pooh building, and The Laugh Floor is about the same size as well... maybe something like Stitch's Scary Adventures in one and Wall-E's Wild Ride in the other, with something a little more impressive than painted plywood... Everything doesn't need to be "next gen" those low tech rides that speed around in the dark fun for people of all ages, and are something Magic Kingdom is lacking now

I actually think you can make a really nice dark ride from the exact basic concept as Stitch's Great Escape. Except you'll be in pursuit of him while he escapes instead of sitting for 15 minutes waiting for him to burp and spit on you

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom