Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

geekza

What an idiot. It just re enforces Wikis reputation as unreliable.
Nah, honestly it's a necessity. An official document, like a press release, is far more reliable than a few photos posted online with no information as to who took them, when they were taken, etc. You have to look at it from the perspective of a librarian or academic. There will be some sort of official documentation soon. Always best to be strict about sources these days. We've learned all too well what can happen when just any article or photo is accepted as fact without concrete sources. Surprisingly, Wikipedia, overall, is pretty decent when it comes to the accuracy of most of their information. You'll find errors, sure, but not as many as you might think.

Ripken10

What an idiot. It just re enforces Wikis reputation as unreliable.
I don't understand why you would say that...

I was told a story once, by my "insider" that they knew someone that used to, for fun, change everything on Wiki as a fun game in college. He or she did get caught eventually, as their "edits" got more and more ridiculous.

Maeryk

I’m not going off a few photos ;) but in retrospect why would they also trust me.

Did they also ban talk about the BLT that was being built in plain sight?

It also depends on how defensive whoever is monitoring the page is. As I said, I had found mistakes on the information about the trains, went and got the straight dope, and that was "not first hand knowledge" according to whoever it was that maintained the page. So, they can continue to broadcast false information, and I can continue to think Wiki may be right, or may be wrong, and find primary sources elsewhere if I want to know for sure.

If anything, the wiki for SGE should have it listed as SBNO rather than "open".

tl77

I actually think you can make a really nice dark ride from the exact basic concept as Stitch's Great Escape. Except you'll be in pursuit of him while he escapes instead of sitting for 15 minutes waiting for him to burp and spit on you
Yeah he's such high energy type of character, that'd be a more fitting ride, plus they already have the exit into Merchant of Venus gift shop... and the scene in Wall-E where all the misfit robots are trying to escape and are going crazy I think would work well in the type of dark ride format

Kman101

Stitch seems like the kind of character that should have an "old-fashioned" Fantasyland style dark ride. The Stitch's Great Escape building is roughly the same size as the Mr Toad/Winnie the Pooh building, and The Laugh Floor is about the same size as well... maybe something like Stitch's Scary Adventures in one and Wall-E's Wild Ride in the other, with something a little more impressive than painted plywood... Everything doesn't need to be "next gen" those low tech rides that speed around in the dark fun for people of all ages, and are something Magic Kingdom is lacking now

I'd have preferred a Stitch ride to a Buzz ride, but of course they were years apart; but still ... Stitch lended itself perfectly. It was a waste of him. It was a shoehorned attraction with a not so great script. Seems par for the course. Quick fix that they kill off when they finally get back around to it.

And on the Laugh Floor note; I like it. It's not must-do for me but I think it's actually a bit underrated. It's in the wrong land, as others have mentioned. I can see why it'd be kept.

Not sure why Buzz would be though?

Cesar R M

Pretty freaky looking. Sad to see a good AA gone but then again they can always reskin it into something else.

Also, my reaction to this attraction being dead:

And to dive deeper into the source:
"It’s actually not my photo. Friend texted it to me this morning. Looks like it’s from the tear down."

that poor and great animatronic.. wasted.. and now destroyed..
FzSMIHQ.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Pretty freaky looking. Sad to see a good AA gone but then again they can always reskin it into something else.

Also, my reaction to this attraction being dead:

Do those game developers really think that RIP is pronounced 'rip' and not 'rest in peace'? Does that character pronounce 'etc...' as 'etk' or 'Mrs.' as 'mrrs'? Or, is it a sign of that character being edgy, or dumb, or that the world is in a new Dark Age?

TwilightZone

At least 2.. one for each theater, not sure if there would be a spare or not, but 2 theaters means they can limp on one if one of them went down, so I'm leaning towards "no".
I assume stitch works in a similar way to the alien encounter alien. In night vision footage, once the alien no longer needs to be up in the tube anymore, he will simply sink down. So I don't think there's a chance that there are spares just because of that.

EDIT: Image example
VR8q5LHJ.gif

Last edited:

Maeryk

I assume stitch works in a similar way to the alien encounter alien. In night vision footage, once the alien no longer needs to be up in the tube anymore, he will simply sink down. So I don't think there's a chance that there are spares just because of that.

EDIT: Image example
VR8q5LHJ.gif

Yeah, stitch did the same.

So there were definitely two show animatronics of Stitch, one of everyone else.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Just to confirm in case I missed it.
Stitch is completely dismantled and there's no chance of the AA show returning only to operate in one theater space, correct?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom