Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

shuart24

Stitch the character is better than Ralph, but the planned WIR attraction is better than SGE. None are a good fit for Tomorrowland.

I think it could fit if they abandoned the Tomorrowland concept in favor of Retroland, in which case a movie about retro arcade games would be appropriate. The whole "futuristic sci-fi" theme just doesn't function anymore and it will only get worse as time goes by. The whole land just screams retro. Why not embrace it?

shuart24

Stitch the character is better than Ralph, but the planned WIR attraction is better than SGE. None are a good fit for Tomorrowland.
Huh, Wreck-It Ralph? Or Sugar Rush? Cool ideas for rides, but in...Tomorrowland? That would be a stretch indeed. Ralph himself described his game as "retro, but cool". Video games are hardly futuristic...unless we're talking about "Hero's Duty"...a bit more futuristic...but still a heck of a stretch. Jeez. Too bad Disney didn't create Futurama.

Change the name to Retroland and it works. They don't even need new construction. The current Tomorrowland works just fine with that theme.

brb1006

And I would imagine they're even less recognizable for people under the age of 30.

Figment, maybe. Dreamfinder, probably not at all.

These characters are the Orange Bird of attractions - fans like them, but that's all. They're not even as popular as the Muppets, and that's saying something.
I wish someone at Disney who at least still cares about Dreamfinder and Figment could come up with an animated movie that could give more exposure and bring back public interest to the characters. Then maybe they might focus in the characters again look at the success if the comics. Maybe some help with Tony Baxter or former Epcot Imagineers would be nice. But this is wishful thinking though. But it would make a great CGI film and the first Disney film based on a Disney attraction in the official Disney animated movie line up.

Mike S

I think it could fit if they abandoned the Tomorrowland concept in favor of Retroland, in which case a movie about retro arcade games would be appropriate. The whole "futuristic sci-fi" theme just doesn't function anymore and it will only get worse as time goes by. The whole land just screams retro. Why not embrace it?
tribute_robinsons.jpg

That's more like it.

With the latter far from definite.
Hopefully it stays that way. Has Inside Out even sold enough merch to have the execs so interested in it? We all know that's what they care about most.

Don't forget, they can expand Sitch all the way to the bathrooms if they needed to. Star Traders and Auntie Gravity's are all connected. Auntie Gravity's would be the only big loss, but if they really wanted to relocate it, there is plenty of room in Tomorrowland.

RobbinsDad

That's even worse!!!

I hope with all hope that he's wrong. I really don't know why Disney can't just put Inside Out in the Magic Eye Theater and let Dreamfinder and Figment have the spotlight in the actual ride. It's been proven over and over that people care about these characters so they would have no problem pushing merch. So shortsighted.
Pray for a Figment movie. It's the only way to make sure the ride is safe.

majortom1981

I wish someone at Disney who at least still cares about Dreamfinder and Figment could come up with an animated movie that could give more exposure and bring back public interest to the characters. Then maybe they might focus in the characters again look at the success if the comics. Maybe some help with Tony Baxter or former Epcot Imagineers would be nice. But this is wishful thinking though. But it would make a great CGI film and the first Disney film based on a Disney attraction in the official Disney animated movie line up.

Figment and dreamfinder just begs for a disney junior show.

Bocabear

And I don't think they should. What they SHOULD do, however, is do more to differentiate it from the dozens of imitators at amusement parks across the country.
it is really lame... The version at Disneyland was far better... Would be nice if they did change it to electric cars, add some props and scenics to make it truly special...and if they did the Hong Kong version it would even fit in TOmorrowland...
I would be happy with a Sugar Rush version too...especially if the built the props and did some scenic work...Sugar Rush would also make a nice transition to Tomorrowland with the Circus Tents looming along the track... it could all fit nicely... And it wouldn't just look old and uninspired...

RobotWolf

Re: Sugar Rush

Go Outdoor trackless EVs (like Luigi's). A lot more expensive. Taking away the accellerator and brake will really make the string-holding legal dept very happy though. And they'll have 100% control over throughput.

Every race: random dramatic neck-to-neck races with random winners.

Central Shops is literally down the street. So this prop and scenery laden project is much easier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom