Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

mimitchi33

Thank goodness that a widely-hated attraction may be replaced! I wonder what the new ride will be like...
My bet is that they might surprise us and make a remake of an old attraction like Horizons or The Timekeeper.

Donaldfan1934

Haven't you read the sign?

View attachment 155343
I always thought this show deserved more credit than it got and the fact that you used this picture shows why. Hypocritically enough, the show was actually a brilliant satire of the corporate process that brought it into existence. Although I'm very thankful we have the original classic back, I think the message of this show is more relevant to Disney now than it was during the time of its creation.

Mike S

For those in this thread who seem not to have read through it, Magic Feather did confirm it was a Wreck It Ralph ride (WIR) that will be replacing Stitch in the above post (post #123 in this thread).
download_image

KDM31091

I haven't seen Wreck it Ralph, so I don't know, but does it have anything to do with Tomorrowland? Or is Disney pretty much done worrying about that? Stitch is kind of loose as it is, but it sort of, kind of fits. Monsters Inc doesn't really, so I assume they just don't care much at this point.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I haven't seen Wreck it Ralph, so I don't know, but does it have anything to do with Tomorrowland? Or is Disney pretty much done worrying about that? Stitch is kind of loose as it is, but it sort of, kind of fits. Monsters Inc doesn't really, so I assume they just don't care much at this point.

A retro game for a retro future? Lol.

I think Martin said we will be pleasantly surprised, didn't he? So I will take his word for it.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
For those in this thread who seem not to have read through it, Magic Feather did confirm it was a Wreck It Ralph ride (WIR) that will be replacing Stitch in the above post (post #123 in this thread).
To be fair, there is no explicit confirmation, just the statement of facts. That this ride would be based on the original movie in a franchise, and that Wreck It Ralph 2 was opening in March 2018, which could make for good synergy with a ride. It is all in the comma (that I admittedly forgot to place between "original" and "WIR", when this post suggests my mental comma is between "WIR" and "2". And while I hate to elaborate any clues. "(See the movie! Ride the ride!)" May or May not have been directed towards this project.

RoysCabin

I always thought this show deserved more credit than it got and the fact that you used this picture shows why. Hypocritically enough, the show was actually a brilliant satire of the corporate process that brought it into existence. Although I'm very thankful we have the original classic back, I think the message of this show is more relevant to Disney now than it was during the time of its creation.

The current Imagination ride kind of operates the same way; it feels like the Imagineers telling corporate "you wanted us to tamper down our imagination with the 1999 refurb, so here's Figment saying you guys stink and need to loosen our reins".

Didn't make either of them very good attractions in my opinion, to be honest, but I kind of appreciated WDI working in a "take that" at the mandates from on high.

FigmentJedi

One of the core three game worlds in Wreck It Ralph is Hero's Duty, a pastiche of sci-fi shooter games like Halo and Metroid. Plus I'm guessing they're gonna slap in a Tron-esque "Eh, cyberspace digitization" thing as a handwave for how we enter. Tron did get a nod in the film as one of the games in the arcade though we didn't see the Program himself.

Last edited:

clemmo

To be fair, there is no explicit confirmation, just the statement of facts. That this ride would be based on the original movie in a franchise, and that Wreck It Ralph 2 was opening in March 2018, which could make for good synergy with a ride. It is all in the comma (that I admittedly forgot to place between "original" and "WIR", when this post suggests my mental comma is between "WIR" and "2". And while I hate to elaborate any clues. "(See the movie! Ride the ride!)" May or May not have been directed towards this project.
Do you happen to have a timeline for this project or at least SGE closing? Either way I still see WIR as a fit because of their willingness to push ip's into parks and the synergy with the movie coming out. The only other ip that could have synergy is incredibles.

Bartattack

One of the core three game worlds in Wreck It Ralph is Hero's Duty, a pastiche of sci-fi shooter games like Halo and Metroid. Plus I'm guessing they're gonna slap in a Tron-esque "Eh, cyberspace digitization" thing as a handwave for how we enter. Tron did get a nod in the film as one of the games in the arcade though we didn't see the Program himself.

And I believe in the sequel... Ralph will enter the internet... so "cyberspace digitization" will even make more sense...

Donaldfan1934

The current Imagination ride kind of operates the same way; it feels like the Imagineers telling corporate "you wanted us to tamper down our imagination with the 1999 refurb, so here's Figment saying you guys stink and need to loosen our reins".

Didn't make either of them very good attractions in my opinion, to be honest, but I kind of appreciated WDI working in a "take that" at the mandates from on high.
Good point. Its really slick how they got all that corporate criticism past the censors. Sadly, I don't think that could fly today.:(

MrHappy

And I believe in the sequel... Ralph will enter the internet... so "cyberspace digitization" will even make more sense...
I was thinking this as well. In WIR1 they traveled from game to game, so perhaps in WIR2 the gang travels in time via cyberspace (yes, I'm thinking Tron-like aesthetics). As in yesterday, today and TOMORROW. May not be so blatant as "Ralph's Race back to Tomorrowland" but some type of time/race adventure. Martin's Easter egg was "time will tell". So as some argued Sugar Rush doesn't fit Tomorrowland, well you're right. But what ever WIR2 has going on sure will. Have faith.

lazyboy97o

I was thinking this as well. In WIR1 they traveled from game to game, so perhaps in WIR2 the gang travels in time via cyberspace (yes, I'm thinking Tron-like aesthetics). As in yesterday, today and TOMORROW. May not be so blatant as "Ralph's Race back to Tomorrowland" but some type of time/race adventure. Martin's Easter egg was "time will tell". So as some argued Sugar Rush doesn't fit Tomorrowland, well you're right. But what ever WIR2 has going on sure will. Have faith.
Films are not developed to suit attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom