Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I really would like to know whose idea of fun is getting farted on... Journey Into Your Imagination With Figment, Stitch's Great Escape, and every "4D" Ride at Universal does it. It is only acceptable with that lovably smelly ogre Shrek, who is rude, crude, and fun for the whole family.

I disagree; respectfully 'though Journey into Your Imagination's scent blast is poorly executed. Stitch too, but only because of the scent. I'm perfectly happy with 4D shows deploying a blast of scent to further enhance the experience. But to your point; in the context of a "fart" I do think it's only really acceptable in certain circumstances. It's Tough to be a Bug's farting Stink Bug plays for laughs and works. The "skunk" spray in Journey doesn't. Stitch is middle ground; it's befitting of the character but the disagreeable scent spoils the experience.

Also... FWIW a 4D show that does not deploy a scent blast, water spray or some other physical effect is by definition NOT a 4D show, it's a 3D show. Those effects are there to enhance the experience if done right, same for rides and attractions.

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

I really would like to know whose idea of fun is getting farted on... Journey Into Your Imagination With Figment, Stitch's Great Escape, and every "4D" Ride at Universal does it. It is only acceptable with that lovably smelly ogre Shrek, who is rude, crude, and fun for the whole family.
You really, really don’t want to know this. Because I’m sure there’s an answer.

Aries1975

Every 8, 9, 10 or 11 year-old in America, including my kids. There is a reason Wolowitz's contribution to the space station was a space toilet, because even "big" kids seem to like "potty" humor.

voodoo321

Except there is a story. ACE is taking you on a river journey on a canoe at nighttime. That's it. That's all it needs to be. There doesn't need to be any characters or huge backstory. It's perfect.
So by that criteria you would think The Jungle Cruise would work just fine without any of the gags and spiel. To each their own. As for an attraction, that just doesn't cut it for me.

BrianLo

NRJ is a competently executed ride without a proper ending. The attraction builds like you are heading somewhere. Whether that be a religious site, the tree of souls, a watering hole. It needs to open up at the end of the ride into the big open finale room with an opportunity to float by some actual AA’s of all the creatures we’ve glimpsed traveling with us along way. That would give it the added minute or so run time boost it desperately needed and likely make it a competent D-ticket instead.

C-tickets are a ok, but a C-ticket needs to be zippy to justify its short run time and abrupt ending.

Pandora was clearly more popular than anticipated and the land really needed a full fledged second attraction.

It is a very well set designed attraction. This isn’t a little mermaid type problem.

Timothy_Q

NRJ is a competently executed ride without a proper ending. The attraction builds like you are heading somewhere. Whether that be a religious site, the tree of souls, a watering hole. It needs to open up at the end of the ride into the big open finale room with an opportunity to float by some actual AA’s of all the creatures we’ve glimpsed traveling with us along way. That would give it the added minute or so run time boost it desperately needed and likely make it a competent D-ticket instead.

C-tickets are a ok, but a C-ticket needs to be zippy to justify its short run time and abrupt ending.

Pandora was clearly more popular than anticipated and the land really needed a full fledged second attraction.

It is a very well set designed attraction. This isn’t a little mermaid type problem.
Agreed.

It seems like imagineers know this too, as the original plans supposedly were much longer and even included a drop.
But budget cuts

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Agreed.

It seems like imagineers know this too, as the original plans supposedly were much longer and even included a drop.
But budget cuts

Was there a leaked blueprint of the FoP/NRJ that showed a much larger building than the one that was leaked and turned out to be the actual size? Or was the one that was leaked bigger than what was built?

Timothy_Q

Was there a leaked blueprint of the FoP/NRJ that showed a much larger building than the one that was leaked and turned out to be the actual size? Or was the one that was leaked bigger than what was built?
I'm going by what Marni and other insiders have said about NRJ's plans.

But I believe the leaked blueprints are what we eventually got

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm going by what Marni and other insiders have said about NRJ's plans.

But I believe the leaked blueprints are what we eventually got

I don’t think the rapids version ever made it into the mainstream.

MerlinTheGoat

I recall Martin saying at one point Navi river WAS supposed to be considerably longer, and even contained a minor drop similar to POTC. Though I don't know when that plan changed in development. I didn't remember anyone mentioning a rapids version.

Some people wondered at one point if the ride would travel outside the building and into the land, though I can't recall if this was ever confirmed by an insider. I definitely recall it being a concern that the boat ride would be cut altogether and only be a walking tour, certainly glad that didn't happen.

Back in 2015 during early construction photos, I overlayed the blueprint on top of aerial shots. Here's what it looked like-

Ox9EJGl.png

The large FoP building matches up quite perfectly. I also took a look at ridethrough videos of Navi River online, and it too seems accurate. Twists and turns seem to match. The part of the flume that is cut off is the load. After loading, the boats make a fairly sharp 180 degree turn around a corner, which then meet up with the part of the track that is cut off on the righthand side in my image.

So I assume this plan is indeed what we ended up with. It seems to fit.

RSoxNo1

I recall Martin saying at one point Navi river WAS supposed to be considerably longer, and even contained a minor drop similar to POTC. Though I don't know when that plan changed in development. I didn't remember anyone mentioning a rapids version.

Some people wondered at one point if the ride would travel outside the building and into the land, though I can't recall if this was ever confirmed by an insider. I definitely recall it being a concern that the boat ride would be cut altogether and only be a walking tour, certainly glad that didn't happen.

Back in 2015 during early construction photos, I overlayed the blueprint on top of aerial shots. Here's what it looked like-

Ox9EJGl.png

The large FoP building matches up quite perfectly. I also took a look at ridethrough videos of Navi River online, and it too seems accurate. Twists and turns seem to match. The part of the flume that is cut off is the load. After loading, the boats make a fairly sharp 180 degree turn around a corner, which then meet up with the part of the track that is cut off on the righthand side in my image.

So I assume this plan is indeed what we ended up with. It seems to fit.
The timing of those plans pre-dated the leaked blueprints you posted. @marni1971 and I believe @Lee were the only ones on here talking about larger plans for Pandora than what we ended up getting. Plans remained largely unchanged from an attraction standpoint from blueprints to opening.

Princess Leia

Personally I'd prefer a 5th and 6th theater if I had to choose between a longer NRJ or more capacity on FoP. Having said that, both rides were underbuilt.
In 10 years though, FoP should be running at a normal pace, making the need for extra theaters nullified. By then, it will have normal wait times. I’m just afraid that River Journey will be a total walk on.

RSoxNo1

In 10 years though, FoP should be running at a normal pace, making the need for extra theaters nullified. By then, it will have normal wait times. I’m just afraid that River Journey will be a total walk on.
Capacity is too low for either of those to be true. Short of 5 more attractions being added to that park that will absorb the crowds, those rides will always be underbuilt. NRJ can fall into a 45 minute sweet spot in time, but Flight of Passage is a top ride in that park with a significantly lower capacity than Kilimanjaro Safaris or Expedition Everest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom