Stitch attracting a redo?

phi2134

This!

I mean seriously, you got rid of '20,000 Leagues', but not the Speedway? Come on. Especially in this echo-conscious society. Now Disneyland's is more justifiable, compare a Disneyland park map to a Magic Kingdom park map, and it's plain to see why. At least their track is interesting, ours sucks. Do they realize how much land that thing is? Ain't it just about the size of the FLE?

Ah well, who're we?

But I too think a Wall-E dark ride is just begging to be out in Tomorrowland. I mean, come on! Plus, it fits WAY better than Monsters, Inc. (still can't understand how they justify puttin' that in Tomorrowland, I guess 'cause the monsters are 'alien' to us? :lookaroun )

I am wondering if they are keeping the speedway around because of how little money it possibly costs to operate? I am not sure about this, but I am thinking it is fairly easy to maintain, all you need are CM's, a track and repair for the cars. That seems like a big reason that this ride might be sticking around for so long.

Rob562

I am wondering if they are keeping the speedway around because of how little money it possibly costs to operate? I am not sure about this, but I am thinking it is fairly easy to maintain, all you need are CM's, a track and repair for the cars. That seems like a big reason that this ride might be sticking around for so long.

Plus gasoline. I've also heard there may be a greater number of CM injuries compared to other attractions. (Though not as many as the skyway had...)

-Rob

cheezbat

With as high as gas prices are, as well as how much space the attraction takes up, as well as injuries...it amazes me this thing wasn't closed a good decade ago! It's completely out of place, ugly, and so un-Disney in my opinion. Heck, the go-karts at Six Flags seem more 'magical' to me than this thing!

So much prime real estate wasted on an attraction with a relatively lower ridership pullthrough. WHat do they do, 1000 guests an hour? Maybe 1200? Nothing worth justifying taking up that much space in my opinion.

Cosmic Commando

With as high as gas prices are, as well as how much space the attraction takes up, as well as injuries...it amazes me this thing wasn't closed a good decade ago! It's completely out of place, ugly, and so un-Disney in my opinion. Heck, the go-karts at Six Flags seem more 'magical' to me than this thing!

So much prime real estate wasted on an attraction with a relatively lower ridership pullthrough. WHat do they do, 1000 guests an hour? Maybe 1200? Nothing worth justifying taking up that much space in my opinion.
It's not wasted space unless they were actually going to DO something with the space that the Speedway occupies... not a given with TDO.

The most frustrating thing about the Speedway for me is that it would have been so easy to try and integrate it into Toontown Fair or Tomorrowland, but it just sits there like a big middle finger to any land it touches.

jjharvpro

Stitch is my least favorite attraction of all time and I HATE HATE HATE it. Although, I would be surprised if WDI/TDO decides to remove it, only because Stitch is a popular character and the ride isn't too old yet.

NowInc

I'm going to toss in a "doubtful" on this one. Disney loves to cross market any way they can, and I'm pretty positive there is a Blu-ray of lilo and stitch looming, and if anything id say they'd pretty up the ride that exists before having it down for a re-do.

RSoxNo1

This is a question we posed on a recent show: If Stitch didn't replace Alien Encounter would the hatred be as strong?

WDW97

It would be great if they did a new E-ticket with Wall-E or Tron where Stitch or the Speedway is! I also don't care for the Laugh Floor....

DocMcHulk

Other side of town ;)

Not what I was told. But apparently my info was a little different than most people. Although, my info was a little "cryptic", so I may have miss read it. I can PM you the stuff I was told if you want me to. But since the project seems to eb a no go, seems rather pointless now. lol

StAug WDW fan

Replace

I vote for a total replace. Alien and Stich are basically using the seating configuration that the original Mission to Mars ride. I think the technology has changed so mutch that they could really put something awesome in that space. To be honest I don't even bother riding Stich when I go to MK.

EvilQueen81

I vote for a total replace. Alien and Stich are basically using the seating configuration that the original Mission to Mars ride. I think the technology has changed so mutch that they could really put something awesome in that space. To be honest I don't even bother riding Stich when I go to MK.

I agree. They need to totally replace it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom