Stitch Ahead of Schedule

wdwfan22

Original Poster
This rumor has been floating around for awhile, but now Mouseplanet has picked up on it.

from Mouseplanet
A rumor states that Stitch's Great Escape is extremely far ahead of schedule. If the accelerated pace continues and there are no unexpected problems, soft openings could begin as early as late April to mid-May.

Shaman

Originally posted by wdwfan22
This rumor has been floating around for awhile, but now Mouseplanet has picked up on it.

from Mouseplanet
A rumor states that Stitch's Great Escape is extremely far ahead of schedule. If the accelerated pace continues and there are no unexpected problems, soft openings could begin as early as late April to mid-May.

Sounds like good news...the sooner I experience it, the sooner I can compare it to my beloved AE....*sigh*

:hammer:

Hank Scorpio

Well if so that's pretty good going, and discounts what someone else said on another thread about Disney taking ages to build new attractions. I'm pretty sure they had to completly rip out AE and install a complete new attraction.

MagicalMonorail

This is good news. They never really had to change that much in the building in the first place. I guess the Imagineers have the Stitch AA almost completed. Now maybe they can all get Expedition Everest ahead of schedule. :lol:

WDWFREAK53

Just to shut everyone up who fears change...I hope Stitch's Great Escape is far and away better than AE.

(Granted...Disney has fallen short as of late...but one can hope)

roysta123

I doubt that it could be open by April or May. I was talking to a Magic Kingdom ride and show engineer 2 days ago and he told me that the Imagineers are still coming up with the special effects and his department hasn't even started working on the project yet.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Late April soft openings sounds crazy to me. The attraction closed October 11th, and it's only been 4 months since closure. It's not even suppose to open until September/October. I doubt any type of soft opening would happen until at least late July or August.

bartman454

While it wouldnt surprise me if Stitch Encounter did open early i doubt it will be that early, i would expect soft testing in july maybe late June. The only reason it would be running ahead of schedule is that the attraction has the same kind of show setup (see a preshow, go to 2nd show, then into main show) unlike Expedition Everest which is being built from the ground up and is a coaster which you know their looking at even closer then they normally would due to recent coaster mishaps.

SirGoofy

This is good news. I can't wait to see this ride, especially the Stitch AA. I really hope it's as advanced as they say it will be.

On a side note, does anyone know if EE will be open by March 2006? I'm goin on my senior trip then and I was just wondering.

Goofster

Oh man, All I know is that seeing a Stitch Animatronic is gonna be amazing, especially knowing how far they've even come since SIR himself made his debut. Stitch, being one of the greatest Disney Characters in history, in my opinion.

Flagg11

im gonna be in the best place in the world July 14th... do u think that there will be soft openings of the new stitch attraction then, and if so how do u go about being the people that get to try it out... do u have to ask a CM or do they randomly ask people?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom