Stitch Ahead of Schedule

Dr Albert Falls

Just because CONSTRUCTION is ahead of schedule doesn't necessarily mean it will OPEN any sooner.

After the Disneyland "Light Magic" mess (when the new parade was not ready for its scheduled debut), Disney is no longer in a hurry to get things open.

If the attraction is complete two months ahead of schedule, I suspect Imagineering with USE those two extra months to fine tune it.

Of course, part of that "fine tuning" could involve allowing a few guests in to experience it, and then making necessary adjustments.

But Disney is well aware of these internet communities. The moment a ride review is posted on a message board, the attraction's fate is sealed--- whether it was "signed off" or not. My guess is that Disney will NOT prematurely open an attraction and risk getting a bad review.

We can only hope that Stitch and Soarin' and the Stunt Show and Expedition:Everest are AHEAD of schedule. After all, that's much better than Disney cutting corners just to make deadline.

ToTBellHop

Let's not forget that guests began riding Mission: SPACE in early June and it grand-opened in October...Disney will not hesitate to open a ride that is done for summer guests...it would at least muffle the screams of the people complaining that Dinosaur is going to be closed.

raven

Originally posted by wdwfan22
This rumor has been floating around for awhile, but now Mouseplanet has picked up on it.

I'll ask my special coneection to Tomorrowland and see what they know. As soon as I find out the official "unofficial" word, I'll post.

aim

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
Let's not forget that guests began riding Mission: SPACE in early June and it grand-opened in October...Disney will not hesitate to open a ride that is done for summer guests...it would at least muffle the screams of the people complaining that Dinosaur is going to be closed.

You took the words right out of my mouth! LOL I was just about to post something along those lines. I rode M:S July 3. So, it is possible that they will open it early!

Spectroman2003

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Just to shut everyone up who fears change...I hope Stitch's Great Escape is far and away better than AE.

(Granted...Disney has fallen short as of late...but one can hope)

Fallen short? Mickey's Philarmagic is a SMASH! So much that the entire area is crowded with people. The only "falling short" is the planning to accomodate that many people in one area.

TURKEY

Originally posted by Spectroman2003
Fallen short? Mickey's Philarmagic is a SMASH! So much that the entire area is crowded with people. The only "falling short" is the planning to accomodate that many people in one area.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Figment.

I'd also say that screwing up that queue is a major failing.

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by wdwfan22
This rumor has been floating around for awhile, but now Mouseplanet has picked up on it.

from Mouseplanet
A rumor states that Stitch's Great Escape is extremely far ahead of schedule. If the accelerated pace continues and there are no unexpected problems, soft openings could begin as early as late April to mid-May.

Gee, wonder where they got that idea...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34489&perpage=15&pagenumber=5

:hammer:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Spectroman2003

Hehe... Mickey's Philharmagic is incredible! I wasn't necessarily talking about Phil...I was talking about Figment (which is better than version 2...but not version 1) and DinoRama!.

Testtrack321

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57

M:S also was a new ride technology that was untested on normal people, and need lots of adjustments to make the ride work properly. Stitch is a special effects show. There's a difference between these two rides. But also, I'm not saying we won't see Stitch open early. I'm guessing July 4th since it's a peak time.

1stStarIC2nite

I would love it if it were open by July 4th or around it... because thats when I'm going and this is the attraction that I am highly anticipating! I can't wait for this! :D

dxwwf3

Originally posted by bears163
the sooner it opens the sooner we can all start begging for AE to come back

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I certainly hope that SGE is a worthy replacement (even though I still can't decide if I'm going to see it or not. I'll probably let my family go first and if they think I might think it's ok, then I'll go in).
There's no need for me to hope that another attraction fails just becasue it replaced my favorite.

But, I won't lie, your statement DID put a smile on my face. It is still good to see that AE did have some loyal and passionate fans besides me. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom