Stitch’s Great Escape! Official!

mickey04

Originally posted by Main Street USA
Wow! I think this will be a great attraction!

After reading the explanation, I'm most excited about the announcement that "Stitch Escape" will contain some of the most advanced audio-animatronics on property. That is one of the things that WDW has been slacking on recently. However, once again, these new AAs will be a replacement of old AA's, and some pretty advanced one's at that. Isn't S.I.R. like second or third most advanced on property right now?

Either way, It'll be very interesting to see how this turns out. I loved the story of Lilo and Stitch. I hope it carries over into the attraction.:)

I too am excited about this new attraction, and can't wait to see the new AA!:sohappy: :sohappy:

Goofyfanatic

I too am excited about the most advance AA's ever...but of the 3 attractions confirmed this is the one I am looking forward to the least. I know some of you are excited who hated AE. But I wonder how much your going to enjoy this one...since I have a feeling it is going to be nothing more then a tamer version of AE. Thus I don't understand why anyone is so excited about this one...well unless you are a huge stitch fanantic.

Stitch79

Stitch’s Great Escape! will feature some of the most sophisticated Audio-Animatronics® technology ever developed by Walt Disney Imagineering.

:sohappy: :sohappy:

OH that sounds great!! I can't wait to see what the they are able to do with this ride, hopefully it won't be a disappointment.

Captain Cab

Another attraction bites the dust.

Alien Encounter was an awesome attraction with a healthy dose of dark humor. Plus it was an actual ride with a high scare factor. It wasn't scarey like a fast ride such as Tower of Terror or any of the coasters, but it was scarey from the overall environment, theming, and presentation of the show. Plus those sensory effects were a great effect. It was an underappreciated work of art.

It rips me up inside knowing that I'll never get to experience this attraction firsthand ever again. Watching it on video is one thing, but being there in person is totally different and about a thousand times better.

Moustronaut

Originally posted by dxwwf3
I can't believe Tower of Terror has lasted as long as it has too.

Ah but it has changed 4 times since it openned.

Maybe that's what AE needed to enhance its re-ridability. They need 4 aliens from 4 different worlds. The original whatever it is, stitch, the really buggy looking one from Treasure Planet, and... oh yea, one of those robots from The Black Hole.

meeko_33785

This looks better than I had imagined. Sounds like they're really sinking some $$ into new animatronics for the show and, based on the artwork, I'm assuming that feature animation will be working on this redo as well making new footage for the video screens. It's too early to judge how it will turn out, but all current signs seem to point to this being a good change.

Redvette

I am sort of ambivalent about the whole thing. We liked AE ok, we would see it only once a trip, never twice in the same trip. Space mountain or Big Thunder or HM, we will do back to back (or back to back to back) if the lines are short, but always see these rides more than once during a visit. I think that is the true measure of a great ride, will you ride it more than once in the same week? Most attractions fit into the "see it once per trip" category, and some are "never again" (Living Seas, JIYIIII, Rio del Tiempo, Tiki Room). Any of these last two groups are open game for me, change them out at will.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by Moustronaut
Ah but it has changed 4 times since it openned.

Maybe that's what AE needed to enhance its re-ridability. They need 4 aliens from 4 different worlds. The original whatever it is, stitch, the really buggy looking one from Treasure Planet, and... oh yea, one of those robots from The Black Hole.

I was just being sarcastic about how Alien Encounter was still relatively new (to the occasional guest) and was still being replaced. I see your points but I wasn't putting any thought into it. Thanks though.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by Captain Cab
Another attraction bites the dust.

Alien Encounter was an awesome attraction with a healthy dose of dark humor. Plus it was an actual ride with a high scare factor. It wasn't scarey like a fast ride such as Tower of Terror or any of the coasters, but it was scarey from the overall environment, theming, and presentation of the show. Plus those sensory effects were a great effect. It was an underappreciated work of art.

It rips me up inside knowing that I'll never get to experience this attraction firsthand ever again. Watching it on video is one thing, but being there in person is totally different and about a thousand times better.

BRAVO!!!!!!

That might be the best post I've ever read on this forum. Everything you said was so true. Especially the last paragraph.

"It was an underappreciated work of art" - Brilliant quote

Joalovar

As much I liked AE, replacing it with Stich is a clever mkt strategy for Disney. You see, it's a matter of money, Stich and all the merchandise are worth million$, specially now because it's more popular than ever.

I won't miss AE, but I admit that it was an underrated and excellent show.

MKCustodial

Well, let's see. I read: "Stitch’s Great Escape! will feature some of the most sophisticated Audio-Animatronics® technology ever developed by Walt Disney Imagineering." That's certainly good, and I definately applaud Disney for going this way instead of the recent CG projections or movies or what not.

But I also read this: "A “pre-qual” set shortly before the events of the hit Disney motion picture “Lilo & Stitch,” the family-friendly adventure in Tomorrowland will showcase the mayhem caused by the mischievous “Experiment 626” -- a.k.a. Stitch -- when first discovered in the Galactic Federation." This affirmative here, along with a few details, like guests being "additional security"and Stitch being "playfully disobedient" worry me. I mean, Stitch wasn't "playfull" in the beginning of the movie he was EVIL, so they're toning him down for the attraction and, therefore, screwing up continuity. And, at least to me, asking guests to be security guards strapped to chairs doesn't make sense at all.

But let's wait and see. I mean, Disney using AAs alone makes me eager to see what's coming out of this. But the fact that Stitch will be "causing havoc to erupt with guests caught in the middle of the fun" sounds either to silly for regular Guests or still to scary for kids, which was the reason they gave to axe AE in the first place.

Tower/of/Terror

Account Suspended
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

I'M SO EXCITED!! I know, I know, AE was definately great, but, eh, moving on... I think this is great,. I adore Stitch, I think he's the coolest character ever, and I have been longing for a Stitch attraction ever since the movie came out. And with these spectacular sounding AA's, I couldnt be any happier. Heh heh, I wonder if they have him doing any Elvis stuff? Lol, that would be the icing on top of the cake! lol

Welcome Stitch!!! :sohappy:

AndyMagic

Yeah I don't know why you guys that hated AE are happy we are getting Stitch. It is exactly the same attraction except all the best characters are being thrown in the trash and replaced by a character from a semi-hit Disney film that wasn't even all that good in the first place. The clever story about XS-Tech will be lost and replaced by "security guards" that are STRAPPED INTO SEATS?? Wow, if you ever want to capture a bad guy... be sure to strap the security guards down into a chair!! The story makes zero sense. Also, AE already HAD incredibly sophisticated AA. It burns me to think they are wasting money upgrading some of the best AA on property while Snow White still has cardboard flats. :rolleyes: Why not put the money where it is needed? UGH!!! Mark my words... this will become the new Journey into Imagination. A travesty beyond all words that Disney will have to sink MORE money into to fix their shoddy work the first time around.

disnyfan89

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ok whos going tomarrow?? I know I will be there but I dont know when.

I do have to agree that the story for the new attraction makes no sence!!! Why do they have to do that.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

dxwwf3

Originally posted by AndyMagic
Yeah I don't know why you guys that hated AE are happy we are getting Stitch. It is exactly the same attraction except all the best characters are being thrown in the trash and replaced by a character from a semi-hit Disney film that wasn't even all that good in the first place. The clever story about XS-Tech will be lost and replaced by "security guards" that are STRAPPED INTO SEATS?? Wow, if you ever want to capture a bad guy... be sure to strap the security guards down into a chair!! The story makes zero sense. Also, AE already HAD incredibly sophisticated AA. It burns me to think they are wasting money upgrading some of the best AA on property while Snow White still has cardboard flats. :rolleyes: Why not put the money where it is needed? UGH!!! Mark my words... this will become the new Journey into Imagination. A travesty beyond all words that Disney will have to sink MORE money into to fix their shoddy work the first time around.

You tell em man! Money is definately needed else where. But I'll tell you what if this does turn into another JIYI disaster (even though I liked it, I was about the only one) Disney will never hear the end of it from me. I'll be in City Hall so much they'll know me by name :lol:

But I am going to wait before I completely bury Stitch's Great Escape. While I am not looking forward to it and I do think it will be a letdown, I'm still going to wait and see if Disney can prove me wrong and pull a horseshoe out of their rears. If they can pull this one off they can do anything.

CTXRover

Originally posted by AndyMagic

Come on, have a little more faith than that. :rolleyes: AE was a great attraction, I definetely won't argue there. And I too have concerns about strapping us into chairs when we are supposed to be security guards. That just doesn't make any sense compared to the storyline of them being "analysis modules". But, AE had its time, unfortunately. Are there other attractions out there that I feel have "had their time"? Absolutely. And there are some out there I would like replaced WAY before AE.

However, despite the fans of the attraction, this attraction has seen its attendance drop sharply from its opening year. At least that's how I've seen it from being there for its "previews" when the line wrapped through the queue and AROUND THE BACK OF THE BUILDING to just this August when there was NO line most of the day and Its a small world had a 15-20 minute line!! Also, I loved that AE was an attraction that even my friends declared was something "you wouldn't expect from Disney". But unfortunately, for the target audience of the MK, that is what resulted in its final termination.

I have full faith Imagineers know what they're doing. I think they have learned from the JII fiasco that if you are to replace something, it had better be much better than the original or it'll cost you, both $$ and guest satisfaction.

Also, I wouldn't assume anything from that concept art. I personally find it very disappointing since they just placed a CARTOON version of stitch in the chamber. Its not even a rendering of an animatronic or anything. Although look at the red things. They are like those "blasters" from the movie that move all around Stitch when he is "captured". Also, if they are going to lower the height requirement, will they actually be able to use those "shoulder guards"? They only go down so far, even when nobody is in the seat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom