Steve Jobs has died

maxairmike

Man, what a sad blow to both technology and entertainment. As much as his accolades in the technology sector speak for themselves, he was a much quieter, but just as monumental a force in the entertainment industry. His presence in both industries will be sorely missed, as will his influence and presence in Disney, no matter how insignificant it may have really been.

Lynn1030

So sad. Not only a great innovator, but a great presenter too. His speeches and presentations were one of a kind. RIP

JustInTime

So sad to hear about Steve Jobs passing away. With Steve at the helm, Apple changed the technological world with the re-invention of Music, Computers, Phones and more. The world of innovation has lost it's biggest friend.

Computer Magic

Steve Jobs Dies: Disney Releases Statement, His Entertainment Legacy Remembered

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/05/steve-jobs-dies-how-the-apple-fo_n_997276.html

In fact, 14 out of the top 15 animated films, in terms of domestic box office earnings, are CGI-based.

Disney bought Pixar outright in 2006, making Jobs a member of the Board of Directors and the company's largest single shareholder.

"As we approached the end of our relationship with Disney and we looked at our future, we were at a fork in the road," he said when Disney bought the innovative studio. "Disney is the only company with animation in their DNA."

Director Steven Spielberg added a statement about the passing, saying, "Steve Jobs was the greatest inventor since Thomas Edison. He put the world at our fingertips."

THEMEPARKPIONEER

He has opened up many opportunities for allot of people. I use an Apple everyday and his creation and his minds make us posting on this site possible. His technology opened up many opportunities and possibilities. If it werent for Show Leopard I wouldnt be able to record music as sucesfully and as fasy as I would without it. I just hope Apple stays as good as is without him. May he rest in peace and will live in our every day lives.

Computer Magic

His speeches and presentations were one of a kind. RIP
This really can't go unnoticed. He could tell a story, get excited, get buy in and sell a product. Which is what made Walt so great. Steve was able to convince people about his ideas.

He has opened up many opportunities for allot of people. .
I was actually thinking about this earlier. His vision made career for a lot of people including me.

Computer Magic

Disney Pixar

‎"Steve Jobs was an extraordinary visionary, our very dear friend and the guiding light of the Pixar family. He saw the potential of what Pixar could be before the rest of us, and beyond what anyone ever imagined. Steve took a chance on us and believed in our crazy dream of making computer animated films; the one thing he always said was to simply 'make it great.' He is why Pixar turned out the way we did and his strength, integrity and love of life has made us all better people. He will forever be a part of Pixar’s DNA. Our hearts go out to his wife Laurene and their children during this incredibly difficult time."

John Lasseter, Chief Creative Officer & Ed Catmull, President, Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios

Est1971

Rip to a man that has changed the world in ways no one would have ever imagined!!!!! I cannot believe I have never seen that speech, it literally gave me chills.... "stay hungry.... Stay foolish"

Great visionary....I am not a big Apple fan at all....but he revolutionized technology, no one can argue with the fact that he and the company he built changed everything. I admire people like him, rest in peace Steve.

AND if you have never seen his Stanford commencement speech....you need to, truly amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1R-jKKp3NA

think about his contributions:
-Mac/iMac
-FONTS
-Popularized MP3 players
-Popularized online music
-Revolutionized Cell phones
-SAVED Pixar
-Countless others
I own a couple things Apple but no Macs and I'm all Android on the phone front....but without Steve....we probably wouldn't even have the option.

Unplugged

I can honestly say, I wouldn't work for IBM Corporation now if it weren't for some of the wonderful life opportunities that were inspired by or due to my experiences with Apple and varying technologies created by Steve Jobs.

To me, as stated by so many others here and across the world this evening, Steve was the Walt Disney of the technology sector. He inspired, he created, he drove others to there best performance, all the while being a producer of consumer goods almost as a bi-product of his ingenuity rather then his primary goal. in his various quotes over the years, one can see how his business thoughts matured, but unlike many of us, his creative edge and drive for perfection in his craft was not lost by that maturity, it was honed.

R.I.P. Steve Jobs, may your legacy live on through the innovation you graced us with and the inspired thinking you've left us with.

:(

dixiegirl

Thoughts and prayers to his family at this sad time..He truly was a genius!

And definatly a good idea of a statue of him in Pixar Place...Would be very fitting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom