Steve Jobs has died

LuLaSue

RIP Steve Jobs...

Words to live by...

“Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” - Steve Jobs -

PhilharMagician

That is a great idea since there is a Walt Disney and Monkey Mouse Statue at the Magic Kingdom. The other option is doing similar like DHS has One Man's Dream in terms of doing a tribute to Steve Jobs.

I am not sure if this was meant as a stab, joke or just a typo, but I spit out my coffee this morning when I read this. It lightened up a sad moment this morning reading through these posts.

RIP Steve. An amazing man. He did not revolutionize the electronics themselves, he revolutionized the packaging, the marketing and the presentation of the products. He was a rebel and highly respected for that.

WDWmazprty

Bye Steve, you gave the world some great stuff.

At least he was around to see the iphone 4OS be released, his last 'new' thing for the world. :D

If I'm not mistaken, that's a real picture. Guess we know where they took the inspiration for that showpiece from, eh?

Man was a genius though, my house is filled with thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of Apple gear from many different generations. The man will be sorely missed.

zooey

If I'm not mistaken, that's a real picture. Guess we know where they took the inspiration for that showpiece from, eh?

Man was a genius though, my house is filled with thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of Apple gear from many different generations. The man will be sorely missed.

The scene could be based on a real picture, though I've always heard the scene's figure was inspired by Steve Wozniack.

But CBS definitely used the picture of the SSE scene from that Wired link. Same image.

montyz81

313985_10150474809669606_521904605_11110424_1803189781_n.jpg

Sail on Steve and thank you!

Kamikaze

RIP Steve. An amazing man. He did not revolutionize the electronics themselves, he revolutionized the packaging, the marketing and the presentation of the products. He was a rebel and highly respected for that.

Beg to differ on that. He clearly reinvented the cell phone.

He was clearly this generations Walt Disney.

erasure fan1

While I do not use apple products, people like Steve Jobs raise the proverbial bar that keeps innovation going, and for this he will be truly missed. Without people to push boundaries and go after the next big thing, it would be a fairly boring world to live in.

R.I.P.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There are very few individuals who fall into the same category of Steve Jobs. Someone who truly changed the world we live in. His ideas, visions, and products have shaped much of the world we live in. When Steve Job spoke, the world listened. No other company figurehead in recent memory had that power.

Thanks Steve for everything you have done.

Attachments

• stevejobs.jpg
    stevejobs.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 53

GOT2SAMMIES

"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything -- all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. ... Stay hungry. Stay foolish."

R.I.P. Steve

Right you are, I stand corrected.The second link in didn't work for me earlier but it works now. It's funny how that article claims that it's neither Jobs nor Wozniak -- or a merger of both. Good catch on that one, somebody might want to let those guys know.

minniemickeyfan

As Disney's largest stockholder, I do wonder how how he planned to distribute his stock to his beneficiaries. Truly great person, will be sadly missed. I will think about him everytime I go on Spaceship Earth.

Phonedave

As somone who had clearly expressed his distaste for Apple products in the past, I still have say this is a sad loss. You have to admire Steve's drive to incorporate technology with the human interface. He raised the bar for EVERYONE in the industry, and in doing so advanced consumer electronics to new levels.

If you are friends with Bill Gates, this was his Facebook post today

I’m truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs’ death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work.

Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives.

The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come.

For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it’s been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely.

NowInc

Growing up in the 80s, we were surrounded by Apple products without ever realizing the scope and vision they were encompassing. Being alive during the technology revolution, I was able to see how important of an influence Apple was upon the world, and Steve Jobs being their inspirational figurehead, the sky was the limit.

Steve, was not an Inventor nor a programmer. He wasn't a technology Genius. What he was, was a visionary. One whom the world has seldom seen before. He was able to see potential where others saw failure, he knew who to push and what direction to point them in to make his seemingly unrealistic expectations a reality.

So while some seem to want to remember him as an inventor of great things, I refuse. I wouldn't insult him with that title. I would rather remember him as the one who made our world better by pushing the limits of those around him, and for not being afraid to be crazy in his goals. For taking chances that sometimes didn't work out, but more often than not influenced so many others..both for his own company, and his competitors.

Without his vision, we wouldn't enjoy most of the technology comforts we do today. Were smart phones around before the iPhone? Of course. Were Mp3 players around before the iPod? Absolutely. But who else but Steve Jobs was able to convince your mother to buy one? No one. And there was his magic.

So I say, as a die-hard and almost life long PC user, R.I.P. Mr.Jobs, and thank you for everything.

dixiegirl

There are very few individuals who fall into the same category of Steve Jobs. Someone who truly changed the world we live in. His ideas, visions, and products have shaped much of the world we live in. When Steve Job spoke, the world listened. No other company figurehead in recent memory had that power.

Thanks Steve for everything you have done.

Steve (of WDWMAGIC) great pic on Steve Jobs on Front page of the Website!

twinnstar

I never realized it before last night, but Steve Jobs has affected my life SO much. My father used to sell Apple products in the early 80s, and that granted us a lot of what we had growing up, before he chose another (less profitable) career route. We had the savings and means from that job to start off a great life.

If it wasnt for Pixar, I wouldnt have entered my college major, Computer Animation. I actually wrote my entire college entrance essay on Toy Story! And now that I am a web designer - I use his products everyday.

And that's all besides the fact that I love my ipod, my iphone, my macbook pro and all of his amazing designs and innovations.

this man will be so missed, its almost unfathomable.

NowInc

If it wasnt for Pixar, I wouldnt have entered my college major, Computer Animation. I actually wrote my entire college entrance essay on Toy Story! And now that I am a web designer - I use his products everyday.

As a fellow computer animator, I agree. Pixar (well..ILM too) was a driving force all throughout my teachings, and I had the extreme pleasure of working there for a brief moment out of college...and Steve's presence there was no secret at all.

Bob Iger's comments posted on TWDC intranet:
Steve Jobs' Passing
October 5, 2011

Dear Colleagues:

After a courageous fight, Steve Jobs has lost his long battle against cancer. It's almost incomprehensible that such a force of nature could ever be subdued, much less stilled. With his passing the world has lost a rare original, Disney has lost a member of our family, and I have lost a great friend.

An incomparable innovator, Steve influenced two separate centuries and forever changed what we believe is possible. Inspired and inspiring, he worked tirelessly to surprise and delight people - launching entire industries built from his imagination and his ability to make us all want to come along for the ride. I know we are all proud that he was part of our Disney family, honored that he entrusted the creative brilliance of Pixar to our keeping, and grateful for his support, advice and friendship.

Steve once shared his views on life with college graduates in a commencement address that, true to his style, set a new standard. He said, "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

That's how Steve lived, who he was, and how I will always remember him.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife Laurene and his children during this difficult time.

Bob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom