Start paying for Fast-Pass?

redfive13

Would you rather not be handed the "device" and have to guess?

I speak from personal experience: Q-Bot is a godsend for queues. I saved a good 5 hours of lineups on one August Saturday.

My thought still remains: If they have to go with a payment option, Disney should have a fee of about $5 for general public and still free for resort guests. If you saw "Soarin': 200 min." every Christmas, you'd probably shell out the Lincolns, too. :shrug:

I would rather have the option of taking the fast pass or not. I don't want the choice made for me.

jt04

I would rather have the option of taking the fast pass or not. I don't want the choice made for me.

Huh? How would Disney offering it to resort guests be "making the choice for you"? I don't think it will be mandatory. Will it?:shrug:

dandaman

I think he's referring to having only one time to go to a certain ride, according to the Q-Bot system's availability. That's a very valid point against that type of setup, but the only one I can think of.

Redfive, if you're talking about Disney implementing the Q-Bot "one-shot deal" system, then I would agree with you and also advise against that. However, if you paid the (approx.) $5, then you'd have the ABILITY to choose what Fastpasses you want when, just as now. Why you'd buy it and not use it is beyond me, but stranger things have happened. Look at everyone buying those $12 squirt bottles. :lookaroun

How they would know who paid and who didn't is another matter. Changing the FASTPASS machines to read smaller, or at least different and separate tickets from the regular admission tickets would be WAY too cost-prohibitive.

(Sorry. I'm debating with myself again. :lol: )

jasondiff

How they would know who paid and who didn't is another matter. Changing the FASTPASS machines to read smaller, or at least different and separate tickets from the regular admission tickets would be WAY too cost-prohibitive.

They wouldn't have to read smaller tickets, and they already can read any mag-stripe media (APs, tickets, KTTW cards), so they would just have to issue differently-encoded mag-stripe cards of some type for anyone subscribing to the system.

dandaman

^This is why I don't even try to pretend to know how the technical stuff works. :lol:

Since resort guests use their cards as a room key, admission and FASTPASS go-getter, are all three separate uses on the same encoding type?

jasondiff

^This is why I don't even try to pretend to know how the technical stuff works. :lol:

Since resort guests use their cards as a room key, admission and FASTPASS go-getter, are all three separate uses on the same encoding type?

I am not 100% sure but ticket media just has a code which is then read my the machines (turnstiles or FP) and referenced to a central computer database which then tells the machines whether the ticket is valid. Room keys have an additional code which is read by the door locks. So room keys used as ticket media have two different codes on them.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I buy my tickets on line, but stay on site as a DVC member, surely this route would force me to purchase a magic your way ticket instead, increasing costs and reducing further what little benefit of being in the DVC there is.

Passport

Pardon me if this was already stated. I don't have time to read all 11 pages of this thread.
I picked up a fast pass today for Pooh and noticed my AP card number appears on the bottom of the FP. I guess they are tracking me.

jt04

Pardon me if this was already stated. I don't have time to read all 11 pages of this thread.
I picked up a fast pass today for Pooh and noticed my AP card number appears on the bottom of the FP. I guess they are tracking me.

Are you staying on property? Sounds like they are starting to role out the system to Passholders first.

KingStefan

Are you staying on property? Sounds like they are starting to role out the system to Passholders first.

As I understand it, all the FPs have the type of card used to get the FP. And, yes, of course you were being tracked. ALL guests using FP are tracked. How do you think they keep you from getting another FP before the time you are entitled to? That has been the case for a very long time. When it first started, you could use a credit card to id yourself for FP use, but I think too many people started using multiple cards to get many FPs, so I don't think you can do that anymore.

lilkitty819

A couple years ago didn't they try the fastpass thing with the deluxe rooms, where you could go on your t.v. and get them. If I'm correct then it looks like Disney is planning on changing fastpass.:shrug:

phenom1307

i think that fastpass should only be available to those that stay on-site or on hotel blvd. or for those that know how to get them for free :ROFLOL:

jasondiff

A couple years ago didn't they try the fastpass thing with the deluxe rooms, where you could go on your t.v. and get them. If I'm correct then it looks like Disney is planning on changing fastpass.:shrug:

This was part of a rumor but to my knowledge it never actually happened.

baz212

i think that fastpass should only be available to those that stay on-site or on hotel blvd. or for those that know how to get them for free :ROFLOL:
Actually when they first started FastPass it was only for people staying on property. I was in WDW that first year and it was only available to on property guests and possibly AP holders, not sure. I thought at the time that it was a great perk for staying on property and made the added cost worthwhile. I don't think it is as effective when it's available to everyone.:shrug:

Cinder_Belle_A

I remember wondering how all those people were cutting in front of us when it first started. :) I do agree that it is a nice perk for staying on property, but doesn't work so well when its available to everyone. Its bad when you are getting early evening return times at 9am.

paul436

I have no problem with this system since I always stay on Disney property. Might make it easier to navigate the parks with this system. And I really don't care if the Mouse is tracking my movements through the parks. I'm only walking through WDW not sneaking around an area most respectable types wouldn't want to be seen in. If it means that I will be getting updated and timely information that may make for a more enjoyable vacation, that's fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom