Trip Report Start & Finish=Tragical/In Between=Magical

Hi Friends!! Before I dive into the details of this trip I just wanted to give a quick explanation about the title. Nothing serious happened to anyone. There were some down moments at the beginning & the end, hence "tragical". R actually came up with the title for this TR. I had to tweak it a bit but overall it was fitting & I was happy with it so here we are!!

WHO:
IMG_8839.JPEG

You probably remember most of us(we were the same crew that was there in July 2021 but we're minus my nephew, JC this time).
The "adults"(& I use that term loosely & not b/c of the my sisters & I 🤣) from left to right are C, myself, R, E & D.
In the front row we have E, A, & J!!

WHEN:
Thursday, July 7th-Thursday, July 14th(R, E, J & myself)
The rest of the crew arrived on the 1st & didn't leave until the 17th so they were there quite awhile longer than we were!!

WHERE:
IMG_5284.JPEG

Beach Club Villas!!

I know, you've gotten used to the Riverside crew staying at Saratoga in recent days. Why Beach Club then?? E is a funeral director & there was a funeral directors convention during part of our trip at the Yacht Club so it made more sense to stay there than at Saratoga(don't worry, next month we will be back there;))

The rest of the crew stayed off property for a bit, then transferred to Saratoga for awhile then spent their last few days at Beach Club.

I'm super excited to share this trip with everyone & I hope you all enjoy it!!

Last edited:

riverside

Original Poster
I wanted to love the post for J's hair do. So very dapper. Then I wanted to give it a thumbs down (which I think they need to add) for the majority of those purses. What the hell?

So you get a like instead. 😁
I am going to show him your comment. E has been struggling with him for a bit now with him wanting to wear his bangs long(like all the kids are doing). Picture day was last week & she said he better not dare pull his bangs down for the picture!!

Those purses are plain tacky!! And Coach isn't cheap--who would pay for that!!
POR to @riverside ~

trai byers love GIF by Empire FOX
Bad Boy Heartbreak GIF by TNC Africa
In all fairness we had already paid a visit to Riverside.......:cautious::cautious::cautious:
But, alas, where do you think we're staying in a few weeks?🤭

riverside

Original Poster
SUNDAY, JULY 10TH

We headed to Asia after that.
IMG_5616.JPEG

R sat this one out. He enjoys the ride but doesn't like when it goes backwards.
IMG_5618.JPEG

IMG_5619.JPEG

Love the Safari Amber!!
IMG_5620.JPEG

We watched the Kite Tails show. So glad we experienced that before they stopped it🙄
IMG_5624.JPEG

IMG_5625.JPEG

IMG_5626.JPEG

This is what really got to me. They just plopped them down at the end & they deflated right in front of everyone. I could see where that could be traumatizing to a young kid!!
IMG_5628.JPEG

Doesn't it look like it was just attacked?

Seeing these guys was much more enjoyable!!
IMG_5631.JPEG

IMG_5633.JPEG

MickeyCB

When we arrived we went to Guest Relations first. I had to cancel E's AK reservation. We were planning on meeting for dinner later in Epcot & had we not cancelled her AK reservation she wouldn't have been able to get into Epcot. I explained the situation & told the CM that she just ran out of time & they cancelled it with no issue & made hers for Epcot.
WHY is this even necessary?! :mad:
This is what really got to me. They just plopped them down at the end & they deflated right in front of everyone. I could see where that could be traumatizing to a young kid!!
IMG_5628.JPEG
The day we were there I loved this part! It was silly but the whole crowd was cheering when they landed! I think they turned a small disaster into part of the show. Of course the show is no longer there after an extremely short run, so there is that..

lindawdw

I finally caught up with all your latest posts!!! It was such a bummer that you never got to do your fireworks cruise. :( They should have definitely called your sister's cell phone. :rolleyes: Love J's haircut from Art of Shaving! I've never gone to Gideon's for any sweets because the line is always so intimidating but also I've heard so many people say that they were disappointed in the cookies after the big build up! I think you secretly have a love affair with Saratoga Springs now.🤣 POR is feeling quite jealous. ;) Can't wait to see you next week!!!!
Happy The Goldbergs GIF by TV Land

riverside

Original Poster
If it’s not Riverside?

Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor
I know, I know. POR shouldn't have stayed closed for so long. The closure gave us time to fall in love with another resort!!
WHY is this even necessary?! :mad:
Tell me about it. And we had to do it a few more times during the trip!!
The day we were there I loved this part! It was silly but the whole crowd was cheering when they landed! I think they turned a small disaster into part of the show. Of course the show is no longer there after an extremely short run, so there is that..
I thought it was strange. IMO it was a very weird ending to the show.
It was a short run--I totally see why!!
I finally caught up with all your latest posts!!! It was such a bummer that you never got to do your fireworks cruise. :( They should have definitely called your sister's cell phone. :rolleyes: Love J's haircut from Art of Shaving! I've never gone to Gideon's for any sweets because the line is always so intimidating but also I've heard so many people say that they were disappointed in the cookies after the big build up! I think you secretly have a love affair with Saratoga Springs now.🤣 POR is feeling quite jealous. ;) Can't wait to see you next week!!!!
I couldn't believe that they didn't. Even a text would have been nice!!
I'm glad we tried them but I wouldn't be in a hurry to get them again!!
Yes--Saratoga is definitely ranking up there!!
Can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks now since we saw you!!

riverside

Original Poster
SUNDAY, JULY 10TH

Time for one of my favorites!! J doesn't look too happy but I swear he was!!
IMG_5635.JPEG

IMG_5636.JPEG

We caught this "bird show"-I can't remember what it's called. It was short but very entertaining. Much better than the kites!!
IMG_5638.JPEG

IMG_5639.JPEG

IMG_5642.JPEG

R really likes The Festival of the Lion King. For some reason there weren't any shows that day though😞
IMG_5644.JPEG

To the safari we went!!
IMG_5645.JPEG

IMG_5648.JPEG

The giraffes were super entertaining that day!! They were running around and kept crossing in front of us on the road!!
IMG_5651.JPEG

I've never seen them that active!!
IMG_5652.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SUNDAY, JULY 10TH

Maybe the reason for all the activity with the giraffes was this??
IMG_5655.PNG

It's hard to tell but a major downpour came through while we were on the safari.
IMG_5656.JPEG

When we went to disembark the CM's kept telling everyone that it wasn't a shelter & we needed to keep moving.
IMG_5659.JPEG

We were absolutely drenched but the rain kept coming so I bought us ponchos.

With that it was time to leave!!
IMG_5661.JPEG

IMG_5662.JPEG

Like I said, we were drenched!!
IMG_5663.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SUNDAY, JULY 10TH

We went back to BC to meet up with E for dinner. I was concerned about her being able to get in Epcot. Remember, I had to cancel her AK reservation & switch it to Epcot? Fortunately, there weren't any issues!!
IMG_5664.JPEG

Believe it or not, we weren't stopping for drinks!! Our dinner reservation was here!! It had been years since we ate at R&C!!
IMG_5665.JPEG

As you can see, it was still raining!!
IMG_5666.JPEG

We were seated outdoors which was a bummer. I like the indoor atmosphere of the restaurant. The rain had stopped & it got ridiculously hot & muggy in there. I don't like to be a pain & ask for things but I asked our waiter if he could open up the "window" by us. They are quite the project. I felt bad but I couldn't stand the heat.
IMG_5668.JPEG

BTW--notice the double wide stroller, in the restaurant, that everyone had to squeeze by to get through?? I thought strollers had to be parked outside??

Once it was opened I felt much better!!
IMG_5670.JPEG

I had the Shepherd's Pie. It was very good!!
IMG_5671.JPEG

R had fish & chips and J had chicken.
IMG_5672.JPEG

E had a burger minus the bun.
IMG_5673.JPEG

We had a great dinner & I'm glad we ate there again!! After dinner E headed back to her convention at The Yacht Club. I think they were having some kind of welcome party that evening.
IMG_5674.JPEG

While R, J & I took a ride on Frozen!!
IMG_5677.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SUNDAY, JULY 10TH

When we were leaving Norway I got a text from niece, E. Their parents were having dinner at a restaurant that they didn't want to eat at(somewhere in Epcot, I just don't remember where). She asked if we wanted to hang out with them.
IMG_5678.JPEG

We took a ride with Donald & the gang.
IMG_5679.JPEG

Then we headed to Figment. I guess the rain had scared a lot of people away b/c wait times were super low that evening!!
IMG_5680.JPEG

Notice J is in flip flops? His shoes got drenched at AK!!

IMG_5681.JPEG

We decided to go on Soarin' next. R said he needed to use the restroom before we went on. He used the ones that are right outside of the ride. We waited, & waited, & waited for him. It was to the point I was getting irritated b/c he was taking so long. Finally, I told J to go in the restroom & call out for his uncle & ask him what was taking so long. He made it to the door but then walked out b/c he was too embarrassed to call out for him. So, we waited & waited some more.

Finally he came out all flustered. We were all hollering at him about what took so long. Then I felt bad when he showed us this.....
IMG_5682.JPEG

As you can see E didn't feel bad though!! The tp dispenser somehow came off the wall & the part that "cuts" the tp ended up landing on his hand & cutting him!!:jawdrop:

With that drama over we finally got on Soarin'!! He did complain about his hand a few times during the evening--rightfully so!!
IMG_5683.JPEG

We went to Living With the Land next!!
IMG_5684.JPEG

IMG_5685.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SUNDAY, JULY 10TH

The kids wanted to go on Mission Space. R doesn't do that one. I'm not sure what he did while we went on it. I think he went back to WS. We stopped for some pics along the way.
IMG_5687.JPEG

IMG_5688.JPEG

There was only a few other people in there with us.
IMG_5690.JPEG

IMG_5692.JPEG

We stopped for some more pics after the ride.
IMG_5698.JPG

IMG_5700.JPG

IMG_5701.JPG

My nieces met up with their parents & we headed back to the BC. We watched the fireworks on our way out! That's the one thing I absolutely love about staying in that area. It's so easy to get in & out of Epcot!!
IMG_5694.JPEG

IMG_5695.JPEG

IMG_5696.JPEG

Tiggertoo56

SUNDAY, JULY 10TH

Maybe the reason for all the activity with the giraffes was this??
View attachment 677654

It's hard to tell but a major downpour came through while we were on the safari.
View attachment 677656

When we went to disembark the CM's kept telling everyone that it wasn't a shelter & we needed to keep moving.
View attachment 677657
We were absolutely drenched but the rain kept coming so I bought us ponchos.

With that it was time to leave!!
View attachment 677658

View attachment 677659

Like I said, we were drenched!!
View attachment 677660
It was a lot like that yesterday too! We all got drenched.

slipperalwaysfits

Time for one of my favorites!! J doesn't look too happy but I swear he was!!
MY FAVORITE!!!💜💜💜 I am going to miss it sooo much!
I've never seen them that active!!
YAY for the Safaris with active animals! Stinks that you had to endure the downpour for it, though!
IMG_5682.JPEG

As you can see E didn't feel bad though!! The tp dispenser somehow came off the wall & the part that "cuts" the tp ended up landing on his hand & cutting him!!:jawdrop:
OMG!! Poor R!! Looks like he got pretty banged up! And how DOES the soap dispenser become unattached?

lindawdw

Sounds like a fun night in Epcot minus R's cut to his hand of course. 🥴 We love eating at Rose 'N Crown but I agree with you on hot stifling it can feel with the plastic down on those humid nights!

riverside

Original Poster
Epcot resort hotels can be pricey but you can’t beat….

location realestate GIF by REALTOR.ca

Max
I totally agree. But, to have such quick access to 2 parks & to all the resorts right there is well worth it, IMO!!
It was a lot like that yesterday too! We all got drenched.
That is a bummer. It feels like it takes forever to dry after a rain like that!!
YAY for the Safaris with active animals! Stinks that you had to endure the downpour for it, though!
At least we were undercover but the rain was blowing in on us a bit!!
OMG!! Poor R!! Looks like he got pretty banged up! And how DOES the soap dispenser become unattached?
It was the tp dispenser--& I haven't a clue. The other day at work I was putting tp in one of the dispensers & started laughing out loud b/c it made me think of him!!
Sounds like a fun night in Epcot minus R's cut to his hand of course. 🥴 We love eating at Rose 'N Crown but I agree with you on hot stifling it can feel with the plastic down on those humid nights!
We really did have a great time that evening. Low wait times really add to the fun!!
Stifling is the perfect word for it. And again, I didn't want to complain but it was totally gross!! I had to!!
What is going on with your niece's shirt here? I love Harry Potter, so I immediately noticed the shirt in the other pictures, but you can't see it in this one.
It looks like it is folded up. She was probably playing with it & I caught her at the wrong moment!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom