Trip Report Start & Finish=Tragical/In Between=Magical

Hi Friends!! Before I dive into the details of this trip I just wanted to give a quick explanation about the title. Nothing serious happened to anyone. There were some down moments at the beginning & the end, hence "tragical". R actually came up with the title for this TR. I had to tweak it a bit but overall it was fitting & I was happy with it so here we are!!

WHO:
IMG_8839.JPEG

You probably remember most of us(we were the same crew that was there in July 2021 but we're minus my nephew, JC this time).
The "adults"(& I use that term loosely & not b/c of the my sisters & I 🤣) from left to right are C, myself, R, E & D.
In the front row we have E, A, & J!!

WHEN:
Thursday, July 7th-Thursday, July 14th(R, E, J & myself)
The rest of the crew arrived on the 1st & didn't leave until the 17th so they were there quite awhile longer than we were!!

WHERE:
IMG_5284.JPEG

Beach Club Villas!!

I know, you've gotten used to the Riverside crew staying at Saratoga in recent days. Why Beach Club then?? E is a funeral director & there was a funeral directors convention during part of our trip at the Yacht Club so it made more sense to stay there than at Saratoga(don't worry, next month we will be back there;))

The rest of the crew stayed off property for a bit, then transferred to Saratoga for awhile then spent their last few days at Beach Club.

I'm super excited to share this trip with everyone & I hope you all enjoy it!!

Last edited:

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JULY 9TH

After our awesome dinner we checked out the gift shop.
IMG_5511.JPEG

Then we got some beverages from Crockett's Tavern.
IMG_5513.JPEG

IMG_5512.JPEG

IMG_5514.JPEG

We wandered around for awhile. We actually had a few hours to kill before we were going to be picked up for our Fireworks Cruise!!
IMG_5515.JPEG

Or where we?
IMG_5516.JPEG

IMG_5517.JPEG

Not being able to sit still I wandered out a bit further into the resort.
IMG_5518.JPEG

IMG_5519.JPEG

IMG_5520.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JULY 9TH

My wandering was cut short b/c I needed to seek shelter.
IMG_5521.JPEG

IMG_5522.JPEG

Good thing I made it back when I did!!
IMG_5523.JPEG

We ended up hanging out at this picnic table for the next hour or so.
IMG_5524.JPEG

The kids were having fun!!
IMG_5525.JPEG

IMG_5526.JPEG

The whole time it continued to pour. The radar wasn't showing that it was going to let up either. C was the one who had made the reservation for the fireworks cruise so you think they would have called her to tell her it was cancelled? Not only didn't they call but when she called them nobody answered.
IMG_5527.JPEG

We didn't want to take the chance of leaving & them end up showing up so we stuck it out.
IMG_5528.JPEG

The arcade there is the smallest I have ever seen!!
IMG_5529.JPEG

How our evening was supposed to end.....
IMG_5534.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JULY 9TH

We finally gave up. Even though the rain had slowed down it was past the time we were to have set sailed so we knew it wasn't happening. The boats were running so while we headed to the dock C & E(sister) decided they wanted to take the bus so they headed that way.
IMG_5536.JPEG

We saw something floating/swimming in the water. It turned into quite the discussion of what we thought it could be!!
IMG_5537.JPEG

Thoughts??

IMG_5538.JPEG

Still hanging around!
IMG_5539.JPEG

We bid farewell to our friend finally & off we went!!
IMG_5541.JPEG

Notice how J looks scared? He was upset b/c D was texting E pretending like J wasn't with us & somehow there had been some kind of miscommunication about who he was with. J didn't like that & was upset. He couldn't wait to get back to MK & see his mom!!
IMG_5542.JPEG

How pretty!!
IMG_5543.JPEG

IMG_5544.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JULY 9TH

We were all very disappointed with how the evening ended. We were really looking forward to the fireworks cruise. C said she was going to call the next day to see what could be done. The best part--they had called that evening. They called their room & left a message!! Does that make any sense? At that point they were staying at Saratoga. So, why would you call their room at Saratoga when the pickup was scheduled for Fort Wilderness? Isn't the cell phone the preferred method of contact these days??

We got back to the Beach Club and headed to Beaches & Cream.
IMG_5545.JPEG

I (non ice cream fan) got a scoop of coffee ice cream.
IMG_5547.JPEG

What is it with him sitting on the ground?
IMG_5549.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Enjoying your TR. Following along
Thank you very much!! Glad you're enjoying it!!

I second the motion for Gator

swamp people waiting GIF

I want to say Gator too.
Great minds think alike!!
I just realized the guy in black below the celebration sign at the the train station is my brother lol. He is a local. It's a small world after all.
Oh wow!! That's crazy!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JULY 10TH

On my morning walk I happened to notice that the trash cans there are the same as the ones at the GF.
IMG_5551.JPEG

We headed to the bus stop to get a bus to DS.
IMG_5552.JPEG

Anytime I've ever seen it just say "Use Bus" it's never a good thing.
IMG_5553.JPEG

J & R had a 10:00 appointment so we decided to play it safe & take a Lyft.
IMG_5554.PNG

It got us there in plenty of time!!
IMG_5555.JPEG

IMG_5556.JPEG

I decided to hop in the line for Gideon's. It looked pretty long but once the store opened it moved quickly.
IMG_5557.JPEG

Here's where the line ended.
IMG_5558.JPEG

They passed out menus while you waited in line. Very smart, IMO!!
IMG_5559.JPEG

IMG_5560.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JULY 10TH

The guys appointments were at Art of Shaving!! J was already done when we got back there.
IMG_5573.JPEG

R & D weren't quite finished.
IMG_5575.JPEG

IMG_5577.JPEG

IMG_5580.JPEG

IMG_5581.JPEG

They had another customer coming in & asked us if we could step outside. We decided to walk around for a bit. I had heard so much about the peanut butter cold brew at Gideon's so I ordered one when I was there. Yeah, not a fan. Way too sweet for me!!
IMG_5582.JPEG

We browsed through a few stores. E ended up buying that top purse at Coach.
IMG_5583.JPEG

I thought these bags were just plain hideous!! I'm surprised they even make those!!
IMG_5584.JPEG

IMG_5585.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JULY 10TH

They were happy with their shaves & hair cuts!!
IMG_5588.JPEG

IMG_5589.JPEG

With them being done it was time to pull out the cookies!!
IMG_5590.JPEG

They were all very good but very sweet!!
IMG_5591.JPEG

C's crew had a reservation for brunch at Homecomin' so they headed there. We took a walk over to Saratoga for lunch. Plus, we all really wanted to pay the resort a visit!!
IMG_5594.JPEG

IMG_5595.JPEG

It was so nice to be back there!!
IMG_5596.JPEG

IMG_5597.JPEG

We wanted to have lunch at Chip N Dales!! It really is a great lunch & prices are pretty reasonable!!
IMG_5598.JPEG

We wandered around for a bit after we ate.
IMG_5600.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JULY 10TH

R wanted to check out the pro shop & ended up buying a few shirts there.
IMG_5601.JPEG

He wanted to take a look at the golf course & commented on how much he had enjoyed playing that course the year before.
IMG_5602.JPEG

Then we headed to the bus stop.
IMG_5603.JPEG

I'm sure you all know what this face is about!! 🤣
IMG_5604.JPEG

The plan was to head to AK for a few hours. The funeral director's convention that E was attending was starting that evening & registration opened that afternoon. She had originally planned on going to AK with us then changed her mind so she could go back & get ready for the convention.
IMG_5605.JPEG

She headed back to DS to get a bus back to the Beach Club while we hopped on the bus to AK!!
IMG_5606.JPEG

When we arrived we went to Guest Relations first. I had to cancel E's AK reservation. We were planning on meeting for dinner later in Epcot & had we not cancelled her AK reservation she wouldn't have been able to get into Epcot. I explained the situation & told the CM that she just ran out of time & they cancelled it with no issue & made hers for Epcot.
IMG_5611.JPEG

IMG_5612.JPEG

We did a first for R & J!!
IMG_5614.JPEG

It had been quite awhile since I saw this but I remembered not to have my back against the chair!!
IMG_5615.JPEG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom