Starbucks in Disney?

scmit02

Here goes post #1:

As someone who enjoys Starbucks it would be great to see them in the parks even with a limited menu.

If it doesn't happen it would be cool if some of the countries in EPCOT had coffee from their county (ie Illy @ Italy, Starbucks (or something else) @ USA, Melitta @ Germany, etc.).

sweetpee_1993

I don't drink coffee, so I really don't have a dog in this hunt.
However, I do need to vent on one Starbucks related issue....the sizes.
I refuse to use their stupid, pretentious ordering lingo.
Venti...grande.....nope. I won't say it. I say small, medium or large.
Love it when they give me "that look"....:drevil:

The hubby refused the "lingo" in a drive-thru at Sbux once, too. He didn't do it to be sarcastic or rebellious or anything because he doesn't like the lingo. The man will do anything for a laugh. He uses all sorts of voices/accents and mispronounces stuff in really silly ways just to get the speaker-person laughing at a drive-thru. He ordered a medium something and the barrista read back the order calling it a grande. Hubby says the order isn't right, the grande should be a medium. This conversation went back & forth for several minutes over the grande vs. medium and ended with the barrista conceding and called it a medium. We could see several barristas inside laughing it up. Score! We get remembered for this stuff a lot and it's not a bad thing. Most of the time they like having us come along to lighten things up and will sometimes mock the silliness of the hubby which makes something so mundane fun for us, too. :wave:

I've never seen that movie that was mentioned. The clip was really funny! :lol:

sweetpee_1993

Here goes post #1:

As someone who enjoys Starbucks it would be great to see them in the parks even with a limited menu.

If it doesn't happen it would be cool if some of the countries in EPCOT had coffee from their county (ie Illy @ Italy, Starbucks (or something else) @ USA, Melitta @ Germany, etc.).

Agreed!

GrumpyFan

ANYTHING, even McDonald's coffee, would be better than the Nescafe they serve. I like Starbucks and the different varieties of drinks they offer, so I think it would be welcome to see them in the parks and resorts.

disney magic 06

Starbucks opened a coffee shop at Disney Village, the very much scaled down version of DD at Disneyland Paris a few weeks ago. Its really expensive but has been incredibly popular, with queues to the door a lot of the time.

So maybe there could be some truth in this rumour...........

panther726

Anything would do better than Nescafe, and people are addicted to Starbucks. This is a win-win for guests and Disney. Sure, it's expensive, but the people that go to Starbucks don't care.

I don't drink coffee so it doesn't effect me, but I do love my Strawberries and Creme Frapp!

dizneeboy

I'm all for it! While basic starbucks black coffee is over roasted, they know how to make a latte. Hoping they bring some Tazo teas with them as well!

Llamaface

Actually I'm kind of surprised that Disney does not roast their own blends. They have a huge captive market, a recognized brand second to none, and even the ability to tailor coffees to exisiting themes (Animal Kingdom, countries of World Showcase, the various resorts, etc).

Having been a specialty coffee roaster for a decade, I think they should hire me. My espresso will have you at hello. :slurp:

pilka214

i love starbucks.. being a college kid, it's the best 24 hour place to chill at.

plus i love there drinks (even though they may be expensive) i also love their tea drinks.

i think if not in the parks and such we should at least get one at DTD

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Original Poster
Actually I'm kind of surprised that Disney does not roast their own blends. They have a huge captive market, a recognized brand second to none, and even the ability to tailor coffees to exisiting themes (Animal Kingdom, countries of World Showcase, the various resorts, etc).

Having been a specialty coffee roaster for a decade, I think they should hire me. My espresso will have you at hello. :slurp:

Disney isn't going to put out the capital outlay for develping their own coffee line, not when they can get NesCafe or (potentially) Starbucks to do it for them. Especially when Starbuck could possibly toss some cash Disney's way in a marketing deal, to say nothing of the expense to set up and train CMs on the Starbucks machines and procedures in the parks themselves. It's just better business sense to do it this way as opposed to yours, I'm afraid....

hack2112

While I don't drink coffee, I am addicted to Starbucks' iced black tea. And considering the only place in WDW I can find really good iced tea is in DAK, this happening would be great.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm bumping this thread because I found this article on Stitch Kingdom today:

Disney (Almost) Confirms Starbucks Coming to Disney Parks

Read more: Disney (Almost) Confirms Starbucks Coming to Disney Parks - StitchKingdom.com
StitchKingdom.com - The #1 unofficial source for news on Disney

Search for Starbucks along with Disney on Google and immediately, multiple results come up via the Walt Disney World Moms Panel with guests asking where is it? Even before the Moms Panel was created, the elusive Starbucks-Disney connection has been on the tips of guests’ tongues for years. Although Disneyland Paris has a Starbucks Cafe in its Disney Village, the Disneyland Resort is dotted with them just outside the property borders and even Universal Studios Orlando has gotten a taste of it inside the theme park, the North American Disney Parks have not been very Starbucks friendly. But all that is surely about to change.

A MiceAge report from January talks about both Starbucks and Earl of Sandwich coming to the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland. While the latter has been formally announced, Lutz claims that the Starbucks deal, after overcoming long-term issues Starbucks has had with Disney Parks and being able to maintain its integrity, is pretty much sealed, but is being regarded as very sensitive and highly secretive until it’s ready to come out in the open.

Today we have learned that Disney Parks has registered two domain names: disneyparksstarbuckssurvey.com and disneystarbuckssurvey.com, both currently inactive. Although we have had enough experience and research to know that while domain names don’t guarantee anything, most of the time they do point to something concrete (though it can be years before we see the end product). But here, our confidence of the news isn’t so much in the domain name registration process itself, but of the quad-shot, venti sized legal teams at both companies. Quite simply, there is little chance Disney would have of getting away with registering domain names using Starbucks’ name unless there was mutual consent involved, survey or no survey.

Whether Starbucks coffee will be available inside the parks or restricted to the Downtown Disney Districts remains to be seen, but it would not be unprecedented to have a third party own and operate kiosks inside the parks.

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-parks-starbucks-20371/

maxairmike

Full service shops in each park and DTD, yes please! I'd love a white chocolate mocha or gingerbread latte in the morning at the parks. One thing I like about Universal in the mornings, I can get my Starbucks fix.

sublimesting

Full service shops in each park and DTD, yes please! I'd love a white chocolate mocha or gingerbread latte in the morning at the parks. One thing I like about Universal in the mornings, I can get my Starbucks fix.

Wait a minute. There is Starbucks in Universal but somehow Starbucks seems to have a problem with Disney and can't work out a deal without it being top secret and sensitive?

Pioneer Hall

Wait a minute. There is Starbucks in Universal but somehow Starbucks seems to have a problem with Disney and can't work out a deal without it being top secret and sensitive?

Different companies that operate in very different ways. Just because they are in the same industry does not mean that everything works the same for both of them.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
No idea how true this is but I had heard the Starbucks tried to get int Disney back in the late 80's when the first really started to expand. Disney basically said thanks but no thanks because of their sponsorship with Nestle and Starbucks management took it a bit personal. Again no idea if there is a shred of truth to this, but considering how many third party places Starbucks operates in, you would think a place as big as Disney that has such a poor coffee reputation, a Starbucks would be a sure thing.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Wouldn't it just be better to create a new thread? I had to wind through 3 pages of old content to get that little snippet of news.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom