Starbucks at MK ....

COProgressFan

This is huge news and rather disapointing. I know quite a few folks (including myself) enjoy a nice leisurely pastry, or confection before starting my MK days. I'm sure Starbucks will offer a nice array of food but minus the pixie dust and a large scoop of corporate soulessness

I think it's a little too late for that -- corporate soullessness clearly invaded the Magic Kingdom in late 1990's, sadly.

jed012788

If I wanted a stale pastry I could walk across the street from my office right now and go buy one! If I am paying MK prices, then I want a homemade ice cream cookie sandwich, hold the corporate sponsership please.
Isn't (or wasn't?) the Main Street Bakery sponsored by Nestle? I distinctly remember the Nestle Toll House logo on the big sign out front. So I'm not sure you were ever really able to get that ice cream sandwich without the corporate sponsorship.

njDizFan

I think it's a little too late for that -- corporate soullessness clearly invaded the Magic Kingdom in late 1990's, sadly.
You know I almost edited my post the moment I hit reply. This is sadly true but there is still just a hint of nostaglia or whatever when it comes to the Bakery which will soon be gone.

Cosmic Commando

Actually, I think this could make sense to put in the Bakery... I always thought the Bakery was small for a "sit down and eat" type counter service place. With the Starbucks, I think more people will grab and go, or at least sit for less time. It's always impossible to find a table whenever we want to eat there.

harveyt0206

Love Starbucks coffee, chai and their salted caramel hot chocolate. But I'm not a fan of their pastries as they never taste freshly baked to me. I was happy to see from the DCA version that you can choose between Disney pastries and the Starbucks items. If the WDW versions offer both, then I will be a happy little Disney/Starbucks customer.

COProgressFan

Didn't the bakery just get renovated and expanded like 2 years ago?

There was a semi - decent refurb that expanded the seating area. The main thing they did was move the Arribas Bros. glass blowing display next door, and put in more seating (which was definitely needed).

DisneyDose

I don't mind Starbucks in the parks, but not at the expensive of a table service restaurant in MK...
I have to agree. It would be wonderful to have a Starbucks in Disney World, as the one at Disney California Adventure in Disneyland was wonderfully done. But, I don't want it to replace the Plaza.

LongtimeReader

Makes sense to put it at the bakery for sure, they're essentially catering to the same market. As for DHS' location, it's entirely too small, but is there room to expand Starring Rolls bakery? It's a perfect location for it, on the corner of Sunset and Hollywood. They also would not need to add in kitchen facilities, and it seems that Sid's is just SO visible that it would be poor taste to have one of the first things you see when you walk in be a Starbucks.

maxairmike

I hope they don't ruin the good things the bakery carries cause Starbucks pastries suck

Has no one paid attention to what has been said in the thread already about the implementation at DCA, or read about it and looked at the pictures back when that location opened? As long as they take a similar approach here, you really shouldn't have anything to worry about.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Heard a strong rumour that the Studios Starbucks will go into an expanded Villains shop, which will no longer be a shop when all is said and done.

MickeyPeace

Plaza Restaurant has never been a walk up for me. You can pretty easily get a reservation but I don't think anyone can walk in to any sit down anymore.
I'm voting for keeping the Plaza. I like the food, it's very affordable by Disney standard and the view is the best out of any table service.

I would like to see Starbucks in Tomorrowland Noodle Station or the Bakery.

Kuhio

If Disney really wanted to honor Starbucks' origins, they could put the MK Starbucks location next to the Little Mermaid attraction -- and have the custom logo be a two-tailed, topless Ariel.

Of course, since even the relatively innocuous act of depicting Ariel as the figurehead of a ship caused a minor online kerfuffle, I can't imagine the full-scale meltdown that having such an edgy logo would precipitate...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Heard a strong rumour that the Studios Starbucks will go into an expanded Villains shop, which will no longer be a shop when all is said and done.

Well, that is disappointing. Almost as much so as when they turned that shop into a candy store.....

cba

I want a Dunkin' Donuts because I figure the best way to start off a day, even at Disney World, are with donuts. The only thing is that it probably wouldn't be in Magic Kingdom, nor would I want it to. But I wouldn't mind a Starbucks.

mattsk36

Lets be real... they are not getting rid of The Plaza, a successful restaurant, for a little cafe. Starbucks is a great idea but there are so many areas for a little cafe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom