Star Wars Weekends

mhead

The merchandise is split up over the weekends. The plush Jedi Mickey was available every weekend - I bought mine during the third weekend. They may have sold out the allotment for that single day - but restock was in everyday of everyweekend. The coinsets were a little different story - because there were so few produced to begin with. I think a misinformed CM gave you a wrong answer.

I wouldn't say that all the stars were bit actors or artists. Carrie Fisher has been, Billy Dee Williams has been, and while Anthony Daniels and Peter Mayhew may not be BIG names - they are main characters in the Star Wars world and would be considered pretty famous there!

You can say that only Star Wars fans can appreciate the event, but I have taken non-fans every year and they had a ball! I have been every year and the popularity has grown tremendously! We ALWAYS schedule at least one of our trips to coincide with SW weekends. :sohappy:

Scott H

I just saw the announcement for the dates for SW weekends on the official site this morning. Just check the 2005 calendar. It was typical of what we have seen in the past. The last couple of weekends in May and the first couple in June. And down with all of you Darksiders!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Usually they will have few big names like Carrie Fisher, Jake Loyd, Peter Mayhew etc and then round out the list with actors that you just won’t know unless you are a big fan most of the time it is because they are in a costume in the movie. Regardless of that the Q and A with the celebrities is always entertaining weather Leia is on stage or Pod racing spectator #4 is. My wife is a casual fan and she just loves the Star Wars weekends. The autograph thing is a little bit of a pain especially if you go on a day that opens early for resort guests. Many times on the early magic hours days all the fast passes were gone before the park opened to the general public. But the autographs are one very small part of the whole weekend.

wannabeBelle

Static-X said:
I'm in luck then. I love the Cantina Band!!!!!!!!! :lookaroun I'm more of the Dark Side fan. Seeing Darth Vader, Darth Maul, and The Emperor will make my day!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy:
Hoping to catch you guys there as well!!! Ill be in the area for late May. Belle

WDWFREAK53

For all you darkside fans...

This was taken at least year's event.

1680Emperor.jpg

Atta83

Belle,
What part of may are you going to be there. I have to fly back to TX at the end of the month for my bros graduation.

wannabeBelle

Atta83 said:
Belle,
What part of may are you going to be there. I have to fly back to TX at the end of the month for my bros graduation.
Hi Atta, As of right now nothing is booked but I am aiming for May 21-26 or thereabouts. I will definitely be there on May 25th which is my actual B day!!! Belle

Computer Magic

wannabeBelle said:
Hi Atta, As of right now nothing is booked but I am aiming for May 21-26 or thereabouts. I will definitely be there on May 25th which is my actual B day!!! Belle

Hey, I will be there May 23 - May 31.

and my birthday is May 27th.

Chernabog

Hey guys,
I will most definatly be there in May for SW weekends. As stated earlier, they are in deed having it this year ut no word yet on who will be there celebrity wise. My cousin and I have gone the past two years with friends and are totally planning on maiking it down there a few times during the month. Would love to be involved in the mini meet if we're there the same weekend. I'll try and post some pics later of some of the characters we met last year. May the sith be with you all.

JBoogie

Hey everyone!!! I am planning a trip to Disney for SW Weekends. I am planning either on attending May 13-15 or June 3-5. Do the SW Weekends start that early in MAY? Is there an official start day for the event? Any help in planning would be appreciated. I am really excited about attending this!! This is my first time attending since I found out about it years ago!!!!! Does anyone have any info on anything yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom