Star Wars Weekends

mkepcotmgmak

JBoogie said:
Hey everyone!!! I am planning a trip to Disney for SW Weekends. I am planning either on attending May 13-15 or June 3-5. Do the SW Weekends start that early in MAY? Is there an official start day for the event? Any help in planning would be appreciated. I am really excited about attending this!! This is my first time attending since I found out about it years ago!!!!! Does anyone have any info on anything yet?

may 13-15 is one weekend too early!-

Slipknot

WDWFREAK53 said:
For all you darkside fans...

This was taken at least year's event.

1680Emperor.jpg

:sohappy: :sohappy:

I'm up for a mini-meet... just make sure it will be one of the first three weekends.. my seasonal pass begins one of its blockout stretches in the middle of the last weekend.

Senderella

mkepcotmgmak said:
THIS IS VERY UNOFFICIAL! LET ME REPEAT - THIS IS AS UNOFFICIAL AS IT GETS!

With the popularity of Star Wars Weekends increasing year after year, and the newest film to be releasing in May, this year, it has strongly been suggested that there will be no Star Wars Weekends!

Sadly, I must say that this year there could very possibly be Star Wars WEEKS. Five glorious WEEKS, that's right, 7 DAYS A WEEK for FIVE WEEKS of Star Wars Madness.

oh good grief.. lol i'm just a star wars wife here. my dh & our friend who's going with us are as excited as a couple of kids about star wars weekend. when do you think it will be known for sure if its weekends only or WEEKS? when are they supposed to have a schedule out? lol i could care less about jango & bobby fett & who knows what else personally.. lol this does not pose well for me since theres 2 of them & 1 of me. we'll never get out of mgm at this rate!!

JBoogie

mkepcotmgmak said:
may 13-15 is one weekend too early!-

Darn! I was hoping to go in May...looks like I will have to bump the trip back to the first weekend in June! I was really hoping that I could go the weekend before Ep. III hits to get all pumped up for it! Oh well...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Senderella said:
oh good grief.. lol i'm just a star wars wife here. my dh & our friend who's going with us are as excited as a couple of kids about star wars weekend. when do you think it will be known for sure if its weekends only or WEEKS? when are they supposed to have a schedule out? lol i could care less about jango & bobby fett & who knows what else personally.. lol this does not pose well for me since theres 2 of them & 1 of me. we'll never get out of mgm at this rate!!
The dates were posted in another thread a few days ago. It looks like it will be weekends not weeks :cry: and they will be the last 2 weekends in May and the first 2 in
June. No guest list has leaked out yet but I’m keeping a look out for one.

DisneyJill

mikesenger said:
I think there is a Star Wars celebration in Indianopolis this summer. when they had that last time, it was the year they didn't do star wars weekends

Yes, there is a large convention called Gen Con but it doesn't take place until mid-August. I work at the Hilton downtown and all the hotels fill up for 10 crazy days. Some kid that attended this past summer hit my car in the parking garage, so imagine my excitement at their return this summer. :rolleyes: It's one of our larger City Wides, though. Good business.

GymLeaderPhil

DisneyJill said:
Yes, there is a large convention called Gen Con but it doesn't take place until mid-August. I work at the Hilton downtown and all the hotels fill up for 10 crazy days. Some kid that attended this past summer hit my car in the parking garage, so imagine my excitement at their return this summer. :rolleyes: It's one of our larger City Wides, though. Good business.

GenCon Indy is quite a convention... parking is indeed insane. Personally, I perfer Columbus, Ohio where Origins, a similar convention to GenCon Indy, is held.

I'm independantly contracted for Pokemon USA and in the past with Wizards of the Coast, so GenCon is either a play date or a working convention for me. This year however, I'll be in San Diego for Worlds (last summer's GenCon also fell on Worlds in Disney World too).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom