Star Wars Weekends returns to Disney's Hollywood Studios for 2015

ToTBellHop

I for one am fine with the big tent they put up between ToT and RnRC. It works well logistically and they are not trying to shoe horn it into a building too small for the traffic it gets.
Couldn't this just be the building that recently was Oakens? Disney seems to have lost steam (again) on the DHS remodel so the building seems to just be sitting there, like the rest of the BLT (and 60% of DHS).

Glad the fireworks are returning. Sight-lines should be much improved with no Hat.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am 100% agreeing with you. I grew tired of bumping into people every chance I wanted to turn around in that tiny little place. The tent was way more spacious.
You should have been there back in the day when they tried to use Tatooine Traders for the exclusive merchandise. They had to use the outdoor queue of Star Tours and it the LE merchandise line stayed at a consistent 3-4 hours long for a good portion of the day.

John Fowler

You should have been there back in the day when they tried to use Tatooine Traders for the exclusive merchandise. They had to use the outdoor queue of Star Tours and it the LE merchandise line stayed at a consistent 3-4 hours long for a good portion of the day.

Just stop! That is insanity right there. I am really hoping its in the tent this year, and the autograph sessions are really moved indoors this year.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Couldn't this just be the building that recently was Oakens? Disney seems to have lost steam (again) on the DHS remodel so the building seems to just be sitting there, like the rest of the BLT (and 60% of DHS).

Glad the fireworks are returning. Sight-lines should be much improved with no Hat.
If it is the building I am thinking of, it has been used for this in the past...last year being the most recent time. It is a fair option, but I believe the tent was larger and its placement away from all of the Star Wars going ons made it a bit better in the crowd flow department.

John Fowler

If it is the building I am thinking of, it has been used for this in the past...last year being the most recent time. It is a fair option, but I believe the tent was larger and its placement away from all of the Star Wars going ons made it a bit better in the crowd flow department.

Its great crowd control flow. Now they don't have to herd us from the gates to the sound-stage area which created a total bottle neck.

ToTBellHop

I thought last year it was in the area that now is being filled in with a third Midway Mania track? Also Oakens V.1.0.

Jwhee

No, different building. Former AFI was recently Oakes

JLipnick

I for one am fine with the big tent they put up between ToT and RnRC. It works well logistically and they are not trying to shoe horn it into a building too small for the traffic it gets.
agreed. they have had concerts in those tents over there in the past (yes, wiggles and imagination movers - hey, it was for my kids) and it seemed rather sturdy to me. and it was much larger. i also love the logo this year.

djkidkaz

I want to say the tent was a safety issue as it took on a lot of rain and with the high winds of afternoon storms combined with the amount of Guests inside of it, it wasn't worth the risk.

Texas84

Definitely agree with that, but I was wondering if they might do some extra theming in the Streets. The tent was, well, a tent.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Definitely agree with that, but I was wondering if they might do some extra theming in the Streets. The tent was, well, a tent.

....but they had a rancor in it.:p

star-wars-weekend-6.jpg

ToTBellHop

The character is Darth Maul, The Merch location is Darth's Mall - ugly but there it is
Ugly/clever. Sometimes Imagineers still come up with witty names for buildings (although most attraction names are clunky nowadays). Darth's Mall is surprisingly not dumbed-down. I would expect The Store with Merchandise from Your Star Wars Universe Friends (+ Cupcakes).

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Ugly/clever. Sometimes Imagineers still co e up with witty names for buildings (although most attraction names are clunky nowadays). Darry's Mall is surprisingly not dumbed-down. I would expect The Store with Merchandise from Your Star Wars Universe Friends (+ Cupcakes).

I will say it's indeed VERY clever compared to what they usually come up with

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom