Star Wars Weekends returns to Disney's Hollywood Studios for 2015

Rider

The Rebel Hanger is part of Backlot Express and is open for lunch as Backlot. So you can't get the special food but you can see the decor.

Also Disney is testing a new app this weekend. You can order lunch and have it delivered to your table. No waiting in line.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 80

wannabeBelle

Well to be fair, I think Disney saw the demand for the Rebel Hanger, pulled it offline for reservations for a short period of time and brought it back with weekday availability as well as the Star Wars Weekend days. I think they are seeing the demand for these interactive experiences and are looking more and more in that direction such as the Hangar in Downtown Disney with the Indiana Jones theming. I think all of them are great moves and are going to provide a unique experiences that will keep people coming back for more. Marie

PhotoDave219

The locations have also gotten progressively smaller. This year it's in the old studio tour exit / AFI

Negative Ghostrider.

Last year, it was in an entire soundstage. The year before that it was in a tent between Tower/Coaster. It got bigger. (Thats where theyre building the indoor Theatre Now)

This year, AFI is larger (I believe) but more spread out. Last year felt a bit crammed between the Legos, HerUniverse, Ackbar's Snack Bar and D-Tech Me all in Darth's Mall.

tribbleorlfl

Raxip beat me to it. Trust me I was bummed out especially for Frank Oz. Him being me and my grandfather's favorite character I would of loved to have gotten his autograph.
One thing I want to say to expand on my prior comment, just because he doesn't do cons or through-the-mail signatures and doesn't have a scheduled autograph session at SWW, doesn't mean there's no chance at all to get his signature.

Back when they had ESPN the Weekend (RIP), there were no scheduled autograph sessions at all, but that didn't stop me from getting hundreds of signatures over all the years the event was held. Many of the athletes would sign a few here and there on their way to the various venues; the oppotunities rested on their moods, schedule, the whims of Disney ambassadors and security and frankly, how aggressive autograph seekers were.

My advice (which I'll be following) is to be in the areas before and after his scheduled appearances. He could sign coming off the stage or leaving the B&B theater (as he does have a reputation for being pretty fan-friendly after appearances).

I really hope they are limiting the popcorn bucket and steins they are letting people go in and purchase this stuff is getting way out of hand I know that I will have one very sad and p oed person next week if like last year those were out of stock toys we can gst any time those we can't

Rider

They were bolted to the table. But who knows if that would stop a superfan.

Wait about 20 mins now for X-wing store. Still 1 hour plus for Wattos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom