Star Wars Weekends returns to Disney's Hollywood Studios for 2015

JohnD

About to see my first view of studios without the BAH in over 8 years!! So excited!!!. Oh, and Star Wars weekend #1 also!!!

Overheard by a group of stormtroopers at Star Wars weekend:

"Where have you been?

"I got lost."

"Why?"

"Last year, I used a giant blue hat as a point marker. It is no longer there."

tribbleorlfl

We went Sat and Sun. If you're at all interested in the autograph sessions, get there early (before 6) to get a guaranteed FP. While this has generally always been the case for the bigger-name actors, in year's past, the lesser-known/in-demand actors could typically be obtained with the stand-by (non-guaranteed) fp's or even walk-up.

It seems that the move of the autograph sessions inside the former American Idol audition rooms, while improving the comfort of the actors, attendants and those waiting, is having a seriously negative impact on the flow and efficiency. There's only one door, so you have to wait for those in front of you to leave the room before they bring in the next person. There also seemed to be no sense of urgency on the part of the celebrities or handlers as the line of waiting, hopeful people isn't seen. In fact, it almost seemed like the handlers were encouraging longer interactions. Ashley took no standby's on Sat or Sunday, Amy took only a few standby's at Saturday's 4:30 session, Tia took no standby's on Sat, 6 at yesterday's 3:00 session. NO WALKUPS for any of them, which is kind of unprecedented.

As far as breaking up Darth's Mall into 3 shops, I actually think it worked out ok, though I was mostly interested in the collectibles in the Xwing shop (which had little wait) compared to the event merch in Watto's Grotto (consistent 1 hr+ wait the whole weekend). Note the Prop Shop is more generic SW merch, but can only be accessed after leaving Watto's.

Last edited:

Jeffxz

Waits for Wattos weren't that bad on Sunday. I went through twice, once around 1:00 and again around 7:00. Line was around 15 mins each time.

John Fowler

We went Sat and Sun. If you're at all interested in the autograph sessions, get there early (before 6) to get a guaranteed FP. While this has generally always been the case for the bigger-name actors, in year's past, the lesser-known/in-demand actors could typically be obtained with the stand-by (non-guaranteed) fp's or even walk-up.

It seems that the move of the autograph sessions inside the former American Idol audition rooms, while improving the comfort of the actors, attendants and those waiting, is having a seriously negative impact on the flow and efficiency. There's only one door, so you have to wait for those in front of you to leave the room before they bring in the next person. There also seemed to be no sense of urgency on the part of the celebrities or handlers as the line of waiting, hopeful people isn't seen. In fact, it almost seemed like the handlers were encouraging longer interactions. Ashley took no standby's on Sat or Sunday, Amy took only a few standby's at Saturday's 4:30 session, Tia took no standby's on Sat, 6 at yesterday's 3:00 session. NO WALKUPS for any of them, which is kind of unprecedented.

As far as breaking up Darth's Mall into 3 shops, I actually think it worked out ok, though I was mostly interested in the collectibles in the Xwing shop (which had little wait) compared to the event merch in Watto's Grotto (consistent 1 hr+ wait the whole weekend). Note the Prop Shop is more generic SW merch, but can only be accessed after leaving Watto's.

Ashley took two standby people on Sunday. I was the first person in the walk-up line. Everything else I totally agree with. The general flow of the whole process is very jerky. Lots of stopping here, then stopping here, it slows down the entire process immensely. While it is in the AC and prevents them moving the whole group into the Padawan training academy room and that makes for one cramped experience, I would rather them go back to the old way.

JohnD

Waits for Wattos weren't that bad on Sunday. I went through twice, once around 1:00 and again around 7:00. Line was around 15 mins each time.

Agree. I walked right in between 4:30-5:30. Maybe the 4:30 people eater car stunt show had something to do with it. I decided to forgo that and Indy for Darth's Mall solely because my schedule wouldn't allow any other time before closing of the mall at 7.

punkabella

Tip about rebel hanger:
During the weekends, you will see jawas, the tattooine band, and rebels charcters. During the week mon -thurs, you will see jawas, an tattooine band pilot fighter, chewbacca, and a stormtrooper. Yep, best rebel hanger meal ever tonight. Great food, and the atmosphere is great. Only place to get the xwing glow clip, too. So glad we didn't fight or stand in the crowds for a chewbacca picture as he came right to our table at rh. Edited to ad this info was given to us about characters by a cast member who worked this weekend and this evening there while we ate.

CJLove79

Say everybody, is Darth Mall open all year round or only on Star Wars weekends? Me and my girl will be there this October and with The Force Awakens coming out two months after, I want to get some new movie stuff. By the way, I'm SERIOUSLY hatin on everybody that's able to go any or all of the Star Wars Weekends. LOL. You know what? I take that back, in the words of a wise being...."Hate leads to suffering..." LOL. So I will say that I wish I had the monetary medichlorians necessary to be there. LOL. :joyfull:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Say everybody, is Darth Mall open all year round or only on Star Wars weekends? Me and my girl will be there this October and with The Force Awakens coming out two months after, I want to get some new movie stuff. By the way, I'm SERIOUSLY hatin on everybody that's able to go any or all of the Star Wars Weekends. LOL. You know what? I take that back, in the words of a wise being...."Hate leads to suffering..." LOL. So I will say that I wish I had the monetary medichlorians necessary to be there. LOL. :joyfull:
Only during SWW.

Tatooine Traders is open year round, but will have little to no SWW merchandise.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The Prop Shop section which sells general Star Wars stuff is open daily, but the other two sections of Darth Mall is Star Wars Weekends only.

Kosmo1986

We are going the last weekend of May. We have reservations for Jedi Dinner at Hollywood and Vine (friday), Rebel Hanger (saturday), and the galactic breakfast (sunday). Can anyone who has gone this year tell me what characters we can expect to get a picture with. So I do not stand in line for those pictures?

JohnD

We are going the last weekend of May. We have reservations for Jedi Dinner at Hollywood and Vine (friday), Rebel Hanger (saturday), and the galactic breakfast (sunday). Can anyone who has gone this year tell me what characters we can expect to get a picture with. So I do not stand in line for those pictures?

Dinner (Did Saturday)
At the door: Jedi Mickey
At your table: Leia Minnie, Stormtrooper Donald, Darth Goofy, Ewoks Chip and Dale

Breakfast (Did last year)
At the door: Darth Vader and Boba Fett
At your table: Stormtroopers, Jawas, Greedo

Rebel Hanger: No idea. Couldn't get it

John Fowler

Dinner (Did Saturday)
At the door: Jedi Mickey
At your table: Leia Minnie, Stormtrooper Donald, Darth Goofy, Ewoks Chip and Dale

Breakfast (Did last year)
At the door: Darth Vader and Boba Fett
At your table: Stormtroopers, Jawas, Greedo

Rebel Hanger: No idea. Couldn't get it

I have seen the Rebel Hanger have: The Cantina band, rodian, Chewie, Ezra, and others.

WDF

Rebel hangar is not character dining - no one should go in with any expectations

Exactly. We saw none of those characters there. There were some Jawas and Ezra and Sabine strolled through, but it is not character dining where they make sure to stop and interact with each table.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom