Star Wars Weekends returns to Disney's Hollywood Studios for 2015

ToTBellHop

I haven't checked, but I wonder if all the ADRs for the breakfast at Sci-Fi are completely booked for the entire period. With The Force Awakens opening this December, I think the demand for anything SW related is going to skyrocket and I am surprised Disney isn't offering more venues for meals like this. The crowds at Sci-Fi will be different than those at Hollywood & Vine. I'd rather see more dining events like Sci-Fi, H&V & Rebel Hanger than expensive packages to watch parades and fireworks. I had an excellent spot - in the shade no less - for watching the parade last year and we showed up 5 minutes before it started. And didn't have to purchase a premium package.

My only gripe? The 24 hour party is Frozen related. Personally, I would have loved to seen something SW related, especially with the movie coming out this year. Now that is something I would mainline 5 Hour Energy in order to stay awake for. :D
Yes. The popularity of these new dining experiences certainly suggests the need for a year-round Star Wars table service option. I can't wait to see pictures of Rebel Hangar tonight.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yes. The popularity of these new dining experiences certainly suggests the need for a year-round Star Wars table service option. I can't wait to see pictures of Rebel Hangar tonight.

Me too. Since I was able to snag a reservation for 1 next Monday evening.

PhotoDave219

That's the primary merchandise location. You have all the eBay… People… Using that term loosely… Going in buying mass quantities of merchandise to put on sale.

As anybody who is ever gone to Star Wars weekends could testify, if you want to go into that, wait until late in the afternoon.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That's the primary merchandise location. You have all the eBay… People… Using that term loosely… Going in buying mass quantities of merchandise to put on sale.

As anybody who is ever gone to Star Wars weekends could testify, if you want to go into that, wait until late in the afternoon.
As a SWW vet, I would agree. The only way I go to the Darth Maul before 2:00-3:00 PM is if there is an LE item I must have.

LAKid53

Premium Member

Okay, just wanted to make sure - that's what I thought it was. Last year when we stopped by Darth's Mall, the line was WAY too long - and in the hot sun, no less. So we went by after dinner at Mama Melrose and walked right in. And I slapped that plastic down for some cool stuff.

I read on Disney's site that they plan on having several locations - hopefully I am interpreting what I read correctly. I think this year is going to be a zoo with the movie opening in December.

PhotoDave219

Okay, just wanted to make sure - that's what I thought it was. Last year when we stopped by Darth's Mall, the line was WAY too long - and in the hot sun, no less. So we went by after dinner at Mama Melrose and walked right in. And I slapped that plastic down for some cool stuff.

I read on Disney's site that they plan on having several locations - hopefully I am interpreting what I read correctly. I think this year is going to be a zoo with the movie opening in December.

It's day one. You'll be fine.

Of course this does bring up the fun little issue of people buying limited merchandise and then putting on it on eBay because they're just parasites…

LAKid53

Premium Member
It's day one. You'll be fine.

Of course this does bring up the fun little issue of people buying limited merchandise and then putting on it on eBay because they're just parasites…

One day? Are you referring to the special merchandise event thing today? I was talking about locations for SW merchandise throughout the SW weekends.

I'm just not looking forward to standing in line in the hot sun (and possible rain) for a couple of hours to buy some stuff. And I'm going next weekend and expecting it to be more crowded than last year. But it was the only time the other members of my travel party could get off since they still work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom