Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Ep 8). SPOILERS. Plot points revealed and discussed.

Lora Baines Bradley

Pretty sure it was an unidentified voice in the novelization. Though, based on the info presented at that time, it wouldn't have been out of the realm of possibility to assume the voice saying 'sweetheart, I'll come back, I promise' was her mother or father.

I don't recall it being explicitly her parent(s) though. So, it could be anyone.

I'm going to throw out something that'll likely be controversial, so I'm putting it in a spoiler tag.

It's been speculated the "Sweetheart, I'll come back, I promise" is actually Kylo's/Ben's voice from the future. I was holding out for it to be in TLJ, but if it is Kylo's voice, it'd have to be in IX.

Please don't drag me to eternity for this speculation, it's just a theory!

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm going to throw out something that'll likely be controversial, so I'm putting it in a spoiler tag.

It's been speculated the "Sweetheart, I'll come back, I promise" is actually Kylo's/Ben's voice from the future. I was holding out for it to be in TLJ, but if it is Kylo's voice, it'd have to be in IX.

Haha I just posted this same theory:p

Ben Snape confirmed! :joyfull:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Haha I just posted this same theory:p

Ben Snape confirmed! :joyfull:
Theory CONFIRMED!

snape_red_lightsaber_copy_by_sasrabirawa-d7fhhu9.jpg

erasure fan1

I still think Reys parents still might be of importance. It would make scene for Ren to say the things he said to make her feel unwanted and alone so she wants to side with him. There is no chance she goes with him if he says something like your parents are the children of some Jedi. So it could all be a big lie.

I still think Reys parents still might be of importance. It would make scene for Ren to say the things he said to make her feel unwanted and alone so she wants to side with him. There is no chance she goes with him if he says something like your parents are the children of some Jedi. So it could all be a big lie.

It'd better be a lie - or her character is huge fallacy when you put her up against everything we know about The Force.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
On a side note, of course I log into Battlefront II and there is a 50 gig update it wants to do.

Wonder...what...that...is...about...

(waiting...waiting...waiting...)

TROR

I'm going to drag you down because that's some 13 year old girl fan fic right there. Besides, it contradicts what The Last Jedi set up. We all know Rey and Poe are going to be a thing in Episode IX.

TROR

According to my five seconds of research followed by 30 more seconds as I was left confused, that first drawing is from The Force Awakens novelization. Which now brings up some many questions...

StarWarsGirl

That's kind of what I was thinking. He said that, and I thought, "Hmmm...not buying it." He is a villain. They're not known for honesty.

Lora Baines Bradley

I'm going to drag you down because that's some 13 year old girl fan fic right there. Besides, it contradicts what The Last Jedi set up. We all know Rey and Poe are going to be a thing in Episode IX.

...are you joking about Rey and Poe? Yeah, they had a moment, but...

tumblr_p114yjwTQW1wqcmako6_540.gif

That is some straight up tension right there. I have seen quite a few articles about Rey and Kylo's romantic future in IX, and even when I google "rey and poe" the first article is about Rey and Kylo, for crying out loud. I haven't even seen anyone mention Rey and Poe on this forum yet, although I suppose I may have missed it. If it is as obvious as you say it is, I think more people would have been talking about it.

TROR

That is some straight up tension right there. I have seen quite a few articles about Rey and Kylo's romantic future in IX, and even when I google "rey and poe" the first article is about Rey and Kylo, for crying out loud. I haven't even seen anyone mention Rey and Poe on this forum yet, although I suppose I may have missed it. If it is as obvious as you say it is, I think more people would have been talking about it.

The problem with this is, Ren's not going to be redeemed. There is zero reason for Kylo to be turned by Rey and there's zero way in which Kylo could redeem himself, as there is no bigger bad than him with Snoke gone.

spacemt354

Chili's

Let's just hope Ben Solo is more comfortable around women than his grandpa.

"I'm...I'm haunted by the touch of my hand I shouldn't have given you. It felt like...sand.":D

Lora Baines Bradley

The problem with this is, Ren's not going to be redeemed. There is zero reason for Kylo to be turned by Rey and there's zero way in which Kylo could redeem himself, as there is no bigger bad than him with Snoke gone.

I can't remember the exact quote, but Luke says something along the lines of "Nobody is ever really gone." And this is from the character that tried to kill Ben because he saw him as dangerous.

Also, Snoke straight up says Kylo has compassion for Rey in the TFA novelization. Mark Hamill said Rey and Kylo have romantic tension. Just as you think it's obvious Rey and Poe will be a thing, I think it's obvious that we will see Kylo get redeemed.

If he isn't, the plot of IX is incredibly straightforward with no twists whatsoever. Rey kills Kylo. The end. It's boring.

TROR

I can't remember the exact quote, but Luke says something along the lines of "Nobody is ever really gone." And this is from the character that tried to kill Ben because he saw him as dangerous.

Also, Snoke straight up says Kylo has compassion for Rey in the TFA novelization. Mark Hamill said Rey and Kylo have romantic tension. Just as you think it's obvious Rey and Poe will be a thing, I think it's obvious that we will see Kylo get redeemed.

If he isn't, the plot of IX is incredibly straightforward with no twists whatsoever. Rey kills Kylo. The end. It's boring.
Why would you assume it's Rey who kills Kylo?

englanddg

One Little Spark...

Actually, I think the redemption story is the predictable one...

Perfect, sympathetic woman saves the troubled man and their love blooms.

Yeah, that isn't trope.

As a side note, I wish Ren had just killed Hux when he questioned his authority. That would have lent to his newfound commitment to the "bad-darkforcery"

Lora Baines Bradley

Why would you assume it's Rey who kills Kylo?

Because the main conflict is between Kylo and Rey. It wouldn't make sense for someone like Finn to kill Kylo. I doubt he would even be capable. I can see Kylo dying in IX, but not at Rey's hand (or if it is, not intentionally).

TROR

Because the main conflict is between Kylo and Rey. It wouldn't make sense for someone like Finn to kill Kylo. I doubt he would even be capable. I can see Kylo dying in IX, but not at Rey's hand (or if it is, not intentionally).
How 'bout Poe ;)

Lora Baines Bradley

Actually, I think the redemption story is the predictable one...

Perfect, sympathetic woman saves the troubled man and their love blooms.

Yeah, that isn't trope.

As a side note, I wish Ren had just killed Hux when he questioned his authority. That would have lent to his newfound commitment to the "bad-darkforcery"

I'm already sick of hearing this...

When TFA came out, Kylo's redemption was "too far fetched" and "Rey would never fall for someone like Kylo!" Now it's "it's so predictable!"

Let me state this again: I do not want Rey to save Kylo. I want Kylo to save himself for his family and for Rey. I can see Rey helping him on this journey, but I don't think she'll be as naive the next time around.

Romance aside, I want Kylo's redemption for Leia. The lady has lost everything- her planet, her mother, her father, her lover, her son, her brother...let her see her son come back to the light.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom