Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Ep 8). SPOILERS. Plot points revealed and discussed.

bclane

To each his own. I hope there will not be a focus on two supporting characters just for the sake of diversity. Again, it just doesn't fit or help the story progress forward.
When the credits rolled on TFA, I felt underwhelmed.
After R1, I was excited again thinking that maybe things were back on track.
Nope. TLJ just doesn't have that spark. The most emotional parts were when Poe touched Leia's hand and the caption at the end of movie dedicated to Carrie Fisher.
If this is the best that Rian Johnson can do, then I really fear for the future of Star Wars. We've already seen what JJ can do and that's carbon copy the first ever SW movie. And it worked. I guess doing what's right and what's profitable are not the same.
Maybe it is time for the Jedi Star Wars to end.
But there were Porgs! Yes, to each their own. Sorry you didn’t like it as much as I did. Hopefully XI works better for you.

tk924

Porgs. Yes, they were cute but not over used.

JJ's got a lot of work to do with IX. I don't envy him at all. Best of luck to him though.
I'm hoping that there will be a big pay off kinda like we got with ROTS, so I'm in 'til the end. I just feel we've taken one step forward and two steps back. There were just too many missed opportunities in TLJ.

jt04

I think that is reasonable...sequels do fall off unless they are based off a sleeper hit like pirates.

I would say if you combine yours and mine...1.3-1.6...that represents the best and worst case scenario in my view.

But still...if you combine TFA and R1....and compare it to TLJ and what's gonna come in the spring...it is a definite "arrow down" scenario for disney. Something to watch...I don't need any charts to not address my premise, however.

I remember when Jim Hill said Pixar was doing a similar fade out when Ratatouille debuted. He was wrong.

You attempt to create yet another "meme of inevitably" will be crushed like a porg under an AT-AT's foot.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yep...that was the point...but it's fake news unless you post a chart and draw on it with crayon...

You were making a point how the movie wasn't going to do that well internationally.

I pointed out it's not a given that a movie that does well domestically does so much more internationally.

Someone else pointed out why the SW franchise doesn't do well in China.

You then make it sound like "well yeah, that's my point." Either you didn't make your point well or you're backpedalling hard.

So, why did you even bring up that TLJ isn't going to do a lot better internationally than domestically if that was just a presumed given?

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think that is reasonable...sequels do fall off unless they are based off a sleeper hit like pirates.

They don't need to be 'sleeper'. Just good stories from a respected franchise/producer...

Capt. America I - $371 million
Capt. America II - $714 million
Capt. America III - $1,153 million

GotG I - $777 million
GotG II - $864 million

Iron Man I - $585 million
Iron Man II - $624 million
Iron Man III - $1,215 million

Thor I - $449 million
Thor II - $647 million
Thor III - $842 million

Spider-Man Homecoming made more than 4 out of 5 previous Spider-Mans (and almost as much as the leader)

Finding Nemo - $940 million
Finding Dory - $1,029 million

Toy Story I - $374 million
Toy Story II - $497 million
Toy Story III - $1,067 million

bclane

I would like to agree to this, but as certain members have pointed out, it is apparently fake news that this movie has left many disappointed.
By all means feel free to agree with him. Everyone has a right to their opinion. The unfortunate part is when people seriously think their opinion about a movie is more relevant or accurate than someone else’s opinion.

Last edited:

21stamps

By all means feel free to agree with him. Everyone has a right to their opinion. The unfortunate part is when people seriously think their opinion about a movie is more relevant or accurate than Simone else’s opinion.

I don’t care how many comics, books, online sites, YouTube videos that anyone here has read or seen. I still have the original millennium Falcon toy.. so my fandom qualifies my opinion as correct, right? ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They don't need to be 'sleeper'. Just good stories from a respected franchise/producer...

Capt. America I - $371 million
Capt. America II - $714 million
Capt. America III - $1,153 million

GotG I - $777 million
GotG II - $864 million

Iron Man I - $585 million
Iron Man II - $624 million
Iron Man III - $1,215 million

Thor I - $449 million
Thor II - $647 million
Thor III - $842 million

Spider-Man Homecoming made more than 4 out of 5 previous Spider-Mans (and almost as much as the leader)

Finding Nemo - $940 million
Finding Dory - $1,029 million

Toy Story I - $374 million
Toy Story II - $497 million
Toy Story III - $1,067 million

Except...how do none of those relate to Star Wars?

Which ones were sleepers?

And does a dollar today equal a dollar tomorrow?

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
By all means feel free to agree with him. Everyone has a right to their opinion. The unfortunate part is when people seriously think their opinion about a movie is more relevant or accurate than Simone else’s opinion.
I personaly agree with Simone else. I thought it was a good movie. Better than R1.

bclane

I don’t care how many comics, books, online sites, YouTube videos that anyone here has read or seen. I still have the original millennium Falcon toy.. so my fandom qualifies my opinion as correct, right? ;)
Depends on if you are willing to sell it to me or not. ;)

TROR

Everyone keeps saying how they don't know where this franchise is going with IX and therefore they're not looking forward to it but I feel the exact opposite. There's SO much they can do with IX that I simply can't wait to see it. TLJ felt somewhat handcuffed because of TFA and it's nice that IX won't feel that way.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You were making a point how the movie wasn't going to do that well internationally.

I pointed out it's not a given that a movie that does well domestically does so much more internationally.

Someone else pointed out why the SW franchise doesn't do well in China.

You then make it sound like "well yeah, that's my point." Either you didn't make your point well or you're backpedalling hard.

So, why did you even bring up that TLJ isn't going to do a lot better internationally than domestically if that was just a presumed given?

That wasn't the point at all...I said it will be interesting to watch and that force awakens was carried by domestic gross and had soft East Asian numbers compared to other studios tent poles...like many animated/Disney animated movies.

It's something to watch...you won't find a graph to discount that it's something to watch...but maybe if you ask Siri hard enough...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Everyone keeps saying how they don't know where this franchise is going with IX and therefore they're not looking forward to it but I feel the exact opposite. There's SO much they can do with IX that I simply can't wait to see it. TLJ felt somewhat handcuffed because of TFA and it's nice that IX won't feel that way.

How many places can you go in 2 hours?

...bit of a problem. If they'd launch Finn into space it would help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom