Star Wars survey from Disney

KatMaria

2012-11-06%2013.17.58.jpg
i love these Star Wars ads!

misterID

And you draw that conclusion how?

Because they're the most likey to invest in such a project. The most we've heard from people in the know is that DHS would get a Star Wars ride (singular, as in a single attraction) based on the new series sometime in latter part of the decade. Carsland is the easiest to build and is close to happening, last I heard.

SirLink

Really funny they are getting research from US guests for a franchise that will likely be seen in parks overseas first.

Have you seen them build? If they announced it tomorrow it likely wouldn't be open until 2018/19 well after Paris gets its mini-land.

PeterAlt

Because they're the most likey to invest in such a project. The most we've heard from people in the know is that DHS would get a Star Wars ride (singular, as in a single attraction) based on the new series sometime in latter part of the decade. Carsland is the easiest to build and is close to happening, last I heard.
I agree with what you said about CL, but how is Paris more likely to invest in it? You guys are just being cynical.

Calvin Coolidge

Personally, what makes the most sense to me as far as space for a "Star Wars Land" would be taking the land that is now Backlot Express and Indiana Jones (yes, I love it too) and redoing the overlays of Star Tours and the Sounds Dangerous theater, and making it all one big, say, Tatooine. That's enough room for one or two significant rides, a restaurant or two, and some stores. Seems more likely to me than gutting the Streets of America when Star Tours is already there.

Heard recently (DO NOT put much into this...watercooler talk but came from a good source) an idea to move AFi Showcase into the Chinese Theatre queue area (first room and "theatre" preview room right before current load area) and utilize GMR space for a new Pixar attraction with the entrance on Mickey Ave. across from Monohan's. (This would require removing or moving the giant coca-cola six pack.) Like I said...nothing really behind it but an idea floating around at the least.

Replacing the Great Movie Ride with Pixar stuff? You've just described my worst nightmare.

dhall

That is a ton of space, if I am correctly remembering what you are talking about. Also it would disrupt a lot of backstage flow and how people get to work.
Disney's a lot more sensitive to the compaints of people paying them than they are to the complaints of people that they pay. It's also probably a lot easier to rearrange back stage areas than rearranging on stage ares in an open park.

MerlinTheGoat

There was another thread recently about what people would call an "F-Ticket". This is an F-Ticket!
To be fair, that picture isn't one single attraction. It was a sort of "mini land" I guess you could call it, kind of reminds me of the pavilions in Epcot's Future World in that it was an inside structure with several rides. It was going to house two Indy rides and part of Jungle Cruise would pass through it somewhat. One ride was actually built, the EMV Indy ride (though probably scaled back considerably from what is pictured here). The other appears to be a mine cart coaster with loops and such similar to the scene in Temple of Doom. The coaster was probably what somewhat inspired the Temple of Peril coaster in Paris, though heavily scaled back and built on the cheap.

Californian Elitist

Again, it's several separate rides, not one single one. A sort of land or pavilion you could call it. So you'd have to really separate the rides individually and rank each of them.

The name of the attraction, not attractions, in that photo is Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition. There were two versions of the ride you could experience, but it was one ride. Sort of how the Matterhorn has two different sides to experience. The ride would have incorporated the Jungle Cruise and the Disneyland Railroad into the attraction. Yes, the Jungle Cruise and the Disneyland Railroad are two separate attractions. The ride in the concept art above is one ride, Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition. Once again, like @danlb_2000 and I said, a Z ticket and without a doubt, would have been considered the BEST attraction ever.

Here's an article, if you'd like to read about it.

http://micechat.com/blogs/the-626/3340-lost-expeditions-disneylands-indiana-jones.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom