Star Wars survey from Disney

Californian Elitist

Why can't this be Bob Iger/Kathleen Kennedy's ego project?
indianajonesandthelostexpedition1.jpg

This belongs to Disneyland.

KatMaria

I will be super angry if Disneyland gets a SW land and DHS does not, We have SWW and they do not! We have the space to have a great SW land, and since that SWW brings in a ton of money for Disney, is doesn't make sense for them to pass up a SW land at DHS. I am hoping we do get it, Carsland doesnt need to happen at DHS. We need something new and unique to DHS, not a copy of what CA has.....

twebber55

im sure you will get s star wars land eventually.you have a nice ride and a month dedicated to star wars and when the new films are released you ll see a themed land

PeterAlt

They are probably just seeing what kind of response Star Wars expanded area would get. I hope this would happen, Star Wars is my favorite but who knows if it will truly happen. The buying of Lucasfilm is very intriguing though, the possibilities!
I know there's a lot that could be done, but what are you seeing as most likely? Creating a Star Wars land around Star Tours at DHS maybe?

PeterAlt

I will be super angry if Disneyland gets a SW land and DHS does not, We have SWW and they do not! We have the space to have a great SW land, and since that SWW brings in a ton of money for Disney, is doesn't make sense for them to pass up a SW land at DHS. I am hoping we do get it, Carsland doesnt need to happen at DHS. We need something new and unique to DHS, not a copy of what CA has.....
We have to get it first. See my argument in the Cars Land thread. Same reason. (It has to do with the M word)

KatMaria

I know there's a lot that could be done, but what are you seeing as most likely? Creating a Star Wars land around Star Tours at DHS maybe?
Most likely, Streets of America, LMA, Backlot will go bye bye and something will be built around there. The latest I heard was that Osbourne has been a huge reason why they are hesitant to tear down Streets of America. But I have heard from someone that works Osbourne that it can fit on Sunset if Disney so wished it. So there are a lot of factors that come into play for DHS when building a new area. I personally think Star Wars land could only take up half of it and an expanded Pixar place takes up the rest, but thats me dreaming. If Disney was smart, they would see SW land as a huge money maker and build it to open along with the new SW movie and throw a huge celebration, but thats only me dreaming :D

tl77

Most likely, Streets of America, LMA, Backlot will go bye bye and something will be built around there. The latest I heard was that Osbourne has been a huge reason why they are hesitant to tear down Streets of America. But I have heard from someone that works Osbourne that it can fit on Sunset if Disney so wished it. So there are a lot of factors that come into play for DHS when building a new area. I personally think Star Wars land could only take up half of it and an expanded Pixar place takes up the rest, but thats me dreaming. If Disney was smart, they would see SW land as a huge money maker and build it to open along with the new SW movie and throw a huge celebration, but thats only me dreaming :D

They are talking about this going in place of the Backlot Express and the parade float building, which is between and behind Star Tours and The Indy Stunts show

KatMaria

They are talking about this going in place of the Backlot Express and the parade float building, which is between and behind Star Tours and The Indy Stunts show
That is a ton of space, if I am correctly remembering what you are talking about. Also it would disrupt a lot of backstage flow and how people get to work.

doctornick

To be clear: there have been surveys sent to both DL and WDW guests, right? There's one survey that talks about Star Wars "at Disneyland" and another talking about Star Wars "at Walt Disney World", right?

Tim_4

Osborne on Sunset would be an unmitigated disaster. They'd have to reroute the path to Fantasmic and carve out some kind of back entrance to Tower and RnRC.

Kevin_W

Add me to the list hoping for a well-done Star Wars land instead of a Cars Land clone. I'm happy to let the parks be different and let Cars Land stay out west. Star Wars would also be a nice thematic replacement for Marvel since they can't put that in WDW either.

tl77

That is a ton of space, if I am correctly remembering what you are talking about. Also it would disrupt a lot of backstage flow and how people get to work.

Yeah that is a good bit of space, and there's been a lot of talk on here recently about that back entrance road being relocated for future expansion on that side of the park

KatMaria

Yeah that is a good bit of space, and there's been a lot of talk on here recently about that back entrance road being relocated for future expansion on that side of the park
I have seen that, interesting. I have not heard anything around DHS, so it was news to me! It would make sense for it to relocated, but that means that backstage area's will have to be moved around a lot. Its just a huge project that if it is going to happen, it will be a while with all the things they will have to do. I am all for it though, Star Wars would fit amazingly in DHS.
Osborne on Sunset would be an unmitigated disaster. They'd have to reroute the path to Fantasmic and carve out some kind of back entrance to Tower and RnRC.
Osbourne to Sunset would be a last case scenario. There are better area's for it. But if this does all happen, Osbourne does have to get re-located, it gets too many people every year for them to stop doing it.....

tl77

I have seen that, interesting. I have not heard anything around DHS, so it was news to me! It would make sense for it to relocated, but that means that backstage area's will have to be moved around a lot. Its just a huge project that if it is going to happen, it will be a while with all the things they will have to do. I am all for it though, Star Wars would fit amazingly in DHS.

here's a link to DHS entrance thread

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/new-entrance-at-dhs.861664/

Funmeister

Heard recently (DO NOT put much into this...watercooler talk but came from a good source) an idea to move AFi Showcase into the Chinese Theatre queue area (first room and "theatre" preview room right before current load area) and utilize GMR space for a new Pixar attraction with the entrance on Mickey Ave. across from Monohan's. (This would require removing or moving the giant coca-cola six pack.) Like I said...nothing really behind it but an idea floating around at the least.

jt04

Heard recently (DO NOT put much into this...watercooler talk but came from a good source) an idea to move AFi Showcase into the Chinese Theatre queue area (first room and "theatre" preview room right before current load area) and utilize GMR space for a new Pixar attraction with the entrance on Mickey Ave. across from Monohan's. (This would require removing or moving the giant coca-cola six pack.) Like I said...nothing really behind it but an idea floating around at the least.

That building could house two attractions! Brilliant. Especially the idea of repurposing the lobby which I would imagine would involve the removal of the BAH.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom