Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

flynnibus

Premium Member
We are actually able to figure out the current throughput and average dispatch rate based on the rate that boarding groups are being called while the ride isn't broken down.
Assumptions:
-100 people per boarding group (0 no shows)
-While ride is running, Ops is keeping the line ~the same length
-End of day data is not accurate as they are building are building a 2ish hour long line
-All seats are filled
-Any errors between no shows and empty seats will hopefully balance out over the long term.

The problem is this kind of 'input' analysis is very much a loose estimate. It's far more accurate and simple to simply count how many riders exit the attraction. Your estimate doesn't include any of the FP returners and assumes all riders are from this perfectly sized BG. Add in the uncertainty on when a group shows vs being called.. means you could be counting multiple BGs in the timeslot that didn't actually ride.

It's kinda the best you can do from afar... but isn't really all that valuable to stand firm with.

In the DL comparison.. if we can safely assume both sites are using BGs... the BGs/hr seems to be the safest comparison between general handling of new guests.

CM.X777

Stupid question, but shouldn't the number of vehicles be a multiple of 4?

And doesn't Chapek have more important things to decide than the number of ride vehicles being actively cycled through an attraction?

As others said, just multiple of 2, since that how the vehicles are grouped, in pairs. Tho technically you could add 1 or 3, and run at an odd number, since the way it works from my understanding, once it's over X amount of vehicles the way it refills wouldn't be impacted by an odd number.

Chapek has been annoyingly invested in the day to day going on of GE for a while now from my understanding.

Multiples of two, not four, since that's how they're dispatched.

I also doubt that the ride can run every single vehicle they have. Attractions are built with spares that are kept in reserve, both to swap out malfunctioning vehicles during the day as well as allow long-term maintenance to refurb and replace wear items on them according to maintenance schedules. Work that can't necessarily be done in a single overnight session.

-Rob

True, that's why the fleet is 38 in totally. In reality tho, I don't think Rise will ever really run at the full 36. I can't think of a single attraction that is comparable in the RCS, ie Indy or Racers, that runs at 100% capacity.

TrojanUSC

Stupid question, but shouldn't the number of vehicles be a multiple of 4?

And doesn't Chapek have more important things to decide than the number of ride vehicles being actively cycled through an attraction?

Honestly the fact people think Chapek is dictating this minutiae is some crazy MickeyViews level of inaccuracy. It's a park Vice President decision, or site President, at best. Chapek is a boogeyman.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Who is actually operating the boarding group system? Is there someone watching the queue and manually advancing the # of group called?

1580506725108.png

always watching

DarkMetroid567

Who is actually operating the boarding group system? Is there someone watching the queue and manually advancing the # of group called?

I wish I could answer this question. I don’t think it’s the leadership of SWGE Attractions or SWGE Guest Flow. Both seemed clueless on opening day, but I never asked them about Who runs the system.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Honestly the fact people think Chapek is dictating this minutiae is some crazy MickeyViews level of inaccuracy. It's a park Vice President decision, or site President, at best. Chapek is a boogeyman.

Also Star Wars is dying, Kathleen Kennedy is behind it all, OT overlays, etc.

Some people will believe anything no matter how dumb it sounds if it fits their narrative and agenda.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Some people will believe anything no matter how dumb it sounds if it fits their narrative and agenda.
...ok, I’ll take the bait here...

I do agree with you fundamentally that all things are exaggerated/misdirected...especially in the hyper non-reality of disneydom.

But you picked (intentionally - of course) the few examples where the jury is very much out and can’t be dismissed as overreaction as of now.

...it’s something to watch

Mike S

I mean, that one did come from @marni1971 so it’s not like it’s baseless BS.

And KK being behind missteps regarding Star Wars? Yeah, that’s kind of what it means when you’re in charge.

rle4lunch

So I haven't read the last 320 pages since I only rode the ride a week ago, but what's the discussion on how bad Finn and Hux AAs look? That was really the only parts that stuck out at me.

I mean, really, I could see where Finn's neck skin stopped and a big gap between it and his clothes. And hux looked like a Halloween mask.

Don't get me wrong, the ride is 99%awesome. Nothing like it ever done before.

Mike S

So I haven't read the last 320 pages since I only rode the ride a week ago, but what's the discussion on how bad Finn and Hux AAs look? That was really the only parts that stuck out at me.

I mean, really, I could see where Finn's neck skin stopped and a big gap between it and his clothes. And hux looked like a Halloween mask.

I only really ever noticed Finn as Hux is mostly turned away.

M:SpilotISTC12

Would it kill the last Kylo AA to move his legs? It’s the only top half of his body that moves. Just seems a little to stiff for me. But that’s super nit picky.

JLipnick

I finally experienced RofR this past Saturday and it certainly exceeded my expectations. I had watched full videos of it so I knew the entire ride but it was still unreal. A few thoughts though. watching through the back "window" of the transport was better as it actually showed you being pulled into the hanger of the star destroyer. I really loved the simple extra little touch of passing through the force field and seeing the blue glow pass inside the transport. this then brings me to my only minor disappointment of the ride. I expected (maybe incorrectly) to both hear and feel a slight hum or vibration being I was supposed to be on a ship in space. Now, the only reason I expected this was from my memory of my experience of the Star Trek experience in Vegas years ago. I recall the sensation of being beamed up to the enterprise and immediately feeling the vibration. If that is not the experience on a star destroyer then i expected something incorrectly. anyway, just a minor nit pick.

I agree the general Hux animatronic was awful. the face was unrealistic at best. I absolutely loved the damage done by each blaster shot and especially the damage from the two huge guns on the AT-AT. the timing is perfect making it really seem realistic. I think my favorite scene was the one with the massive rail guns shooting at other ships and seeing the battle outside the force field. I thought that scene was perfect. also the smoothness of the ride vehicles was better than I expected.

all in all, I loved it and can't wait to ride again in March. I just hope they change the method of gaining entry as I don't like having to be at park opening just to even have a chance to ride. with a disabled son who needs a transport wheelchair to get through the parks, it will make it more difficult to do this in March. I wish they would do a combination of FP and boarding groups. Or perhaps they can tweak it so that all members of your party don't all have to be in the park. It is unrealistic of parents with kids with disabilities and also adults with disabilities to always be able to be in the park an hour before opening.

just my $.02.

rle4lunch

I finally experienced RofR this past Saturday and it certainly exceeded my expectations. I had watched full videos of it so I knew the entire ride but it was still unreal. A few thoughts though. watching through the back "window" of the transport was better as it actually showed you being pulled into the hanger of the star destroyer. I really loved the simple extra little touch of passing through the force field and seeing the blue glow pass inside the transport. this then brings me to my only minor disappointment of the ride. I expected (maybe incorrectly) to both hear and feel a slight hum or vibration being I was supposed to be on a ship in space. Now, the only reason I expected this was from my memory of my experience of the Star Trek experience in Vegas years ago. I recall the sensation of being beamed up to the enterprise and immediately feeling the vibration. If that is not the experience on a star destroyer then i expected something incorrectly. anyway, just a minor nit pick.

I agree the general Hux animatronic was awful. the face was unrealistic at best. I absolutely loved the damage done by each blaster shot and especially the damage from the two huge guns on the AT-AT. the timing is perfect making it really seem realistic. I think my favorite scene was the one with the massive rail guns shooting at other ships and seeing the battle outside the force field. I thought that scene was perfect. also the smoothness of the ride vehicles was better than I expected.

all in all, I loved it and can't wait to ride again in March. I just hope they change the method of gaining entry as I don't like having to be at park opening just to even have a chance to ride. with a disabled son who needs a transport wheelchair to get through the parks, it will make it more difficult to do this in March. I wish they would do a combination of FP and boarding groups. Or perhaps they can tweak it so that all members of your party don't all have to be in the park. It is unrealistic of parents with kids with disabilities and also adults with disabilities to always be able to be in the park an hour before opening.

just my $.02.

Good review. So many great scenes. I was actually awe struck by the size of the hangar once we got off the transport. Disney outdid themselves with the scope of this attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom