Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Chet Dakota

As the CM's become more familiar with the timing between scenes, I hope they can come up with impromptu actions/script that keeps guests in the experience when operational delays happen. In FoP, watching the genetic system reboot 3 times in a row dampens the experience.
On one of my rides last week, we were delayed right after the interrogation room when the rebels put us in the vehicles. The two CMs tried to remain “urgent” in their script as we sat there, and then starting to ad lib some by saying things like, “We have been here for only a few days helping recruits escape, so we are not sure what is going to happen”, and “We are getting secondary transmissions from Finn saying that he is busy saving other recruits”. They were trying their best.

disneygeek90

So what’s the latest thought on securing a BG?

Has everyone inside the park by official opening time been able to get a BG?
Current situation is you need to be in the park by 7, then it’s a free for all to grab a pass when they all open. BG’s, at least the backups, have been lasting an hour or more into park open in the past few days.

There’s a lot of extra info in the boarding group thread.

gerarar

Premium Member
One thing I realized today during my first ride through.

The ride is much rougher than it looks. In many videos online, it just seems so smooth from the trackless system. But in reality, you're being pushed over there, jolted in every turn, rocked in all directions, etc. Which btw this is a good thing! It makes the entire experience better as it contributes to the gist of escaping from the hands of the First Order and Kylo Ren.

Also, one thing to make the last encounter with Kylo better is if they make the vehicles turn around sooner so we don't have to see the falling ceiling already "in place" for a couple seconds after it falls. Also maybe some mist/fog to depict the ship falling apart from the direct hit, while partially hiding Kylo and the ceiling piece.

Still a wonderful ride from Disney. Bravo!

Rob562

It looses realism by having to decelerate as it reaches the floor.

A pity they couldn't design it to freefall from the ceiling with a quick cushioned stop at the bottom, like a soft-close kitchen drawer. Then it just has to be powered up out of the way.

-Rob

Tom Morrow

That’s the problem with projection mapping explosions. By their nature, explosions are a light source. And by their nature, projections emit very little light at their termination. To have some effect of realism they need to be brighter than the ambient light.
Yep. Some properly focused theatrical lighting that fires along with the projections, along with puffs of real smoke, would go a long way in making the blasts seem less artificial. I also maintain that the ride needs at least one real pyro effect. Spider-Man has only one, but it's an immensely memorable one.

Last edited:
Does anyone who has been in the park the last day or two know if there’s any of the opening collection ROTR merch left? I’d love one of those galactic transport toys, but won’t be there till 12/31...

No Name

If I were a CM, I would like to be with the First Order. I wouldn’t have to smile all day toward incompetent guests, instead, it would be within character to be very stern and direct with them.

Also the prisoner colors aspect actually makes sense only if you think hard about it, which is contrary to how a lot of things works in theme parks.

Lastly, if the ride is delayed when a group is in the interrogation cell, they should just be left in there, not rescued yet. Spending time in the cell adds to the story!

Disney Maddux

If I were a CM, I would like to be with the First Order. I wouldn’t have to smile all day toward incompetent guests, instead, it would be within character to be very stern and direct with them.

Also the prisoner colors aspect actually makes sense only if you think hard about it, which is contrary to how a lot of things works in theme parks.

Lastly, if the ride is delayed when a group is in the interrogation cell, they should just be left in there, not rescued yet. Spending time in the cell adds to the story!
I plan to eventually work at Disney, and since GMR is closed, I want to be a First Order member as well!

gerarar

Premium Member
This is already done actually. Today when my family and I were in the interrogation cell, and after Kylo and General Hux left the room, we weren't immediately rescued. I thought something went wrong as this is something I haven't seen online in a video anywhere yet.

But anyways, there was slight chatter behind the "door" that'll eventually break open. Slight chatter such as come on! We have to hurry up! I thought this was pretty awesome and great attention to detail. It took about a good minute until the door actually started to be broken through, and thus revealing the rebellion people who have come to save us!!

The ride is filled with small details like this, with lots of backup plans and cues. The imagineers absolutely thought of everything here, so kudos to them..

SoFloMagic

one thing to make the last encounter with Kylo better is if they make the vehicles turn around sooner so we don't have to see the falling ceiling already "in place" for a couple seconds after it falls.

Great idea. Something so you don't see his legs/feet hiding behind the already-fallen ceiling when you enter the room

Tom Morrow

I plan to eventually work at Disney, and since GMR is closed, I want to be a First Order member as well!
How it's set up is every CM assigned to the ride is first trained as a Resistance member, and then they need additional training to do the First Order roles. Similar to how Great Movie Ride tour guides needed additional training to be the bandit or cowboy. Pretty cool!

_bluebird

How it's set up is every CM assigned to the ride is first trained as a Resistance member, and then they need additional training to do the First Order roles. Similar to how Great Movie Ride tour guides needed additional training to be the bandit or cowboy. Pretty cool!
That sounds off. Maybe it's like that at WDW, but it's not at DL. Also FO is great and all, but standing with your hands behind your back 8 hours a day really does a number on your shoulders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom