Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

pdude81

This is off-topic I'll admit, but figured someone would know.
Seeing the troubles that the Galactic Cruiser is having regarding hotel bookings, could Disney convert this to a full service hotel if things got bad enough?
More seriously though, they are making the smart call in cutting the number of sailings per week as they can give cast members predictable schedules and cut overhead on lower occupancy. Once they materially drop the price, then all the people who said they would go if it were cheaper will find another reason to say it is not worth it. That's why the price remains fairly static. But as you said, that is for another thread.

mattpeto

This is off-topic I'll admit, but figured someone would know.
Seeing the troubles that the Galactic Cruiser is having regarding hotel bookings, could Disney convert this to a full service hotel if things got bad enough?
If it truly fails, they could extend Galaxy's Edge around the Starcruiser and include the hotel as part of the queue building for a new attraction. Think some classic DHS backstage tour/queue combo, it could also be a rental opportunity for businesses with some overnight packages to sell the rooms.

OvertheHorizon

I could envision the Starcruiser eventually repurposed into Star Wars-themed dinner theatre with three showings a day (Noon, 4, and 8). The last show could include an overnight stay and a galactic breakfast buffet. Lots of opportunities for a variety of show experiences that would keep guests coming back. (Dinner with Darth, Adventures with Luke and Leia, Mando and Grogu's Exploits)

Jobacca

Never happen,but maybe they could eventually turn some of the unused rooms into "show rooms"-have guests walk down a hallway and various doors open up to show animatronic characters and scenes going on inside the rooms.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This thread topic: Rise of the Resistance.

Y'all want this thread:

DonniePeverley

If it truly fails, they could extend Galaxy's Edge around the Starcruiser and include the hotel as part of the queue building for a new attraction. Think some classic DHS backstage tour/queue combo, it could also be a rental opportunity for businesses with some overnight packages to sell the rooms.

Utter nonsense.

There is far more things Disney can do before they start down that path. The first being a simplistic drop in price.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I

I'm fine with no pool and I'm sure I'm not alone.
You missed the early part of this thread in which quite a few people who couldn't wrap their mind around an overnight LARP (or, who didn't want to and just wanted to score points against Disney) made the lack of a pool a defining attribute for why the Starcruiser was a complete failure.

No Name

You missed the early part of this thread in which quite a few people who couldn't wrap their mind around an overnight LARP (or, who didn't want to and just wanted to score points against Disney) made the lack of a pool a defining attribute for why the Starcruiser was a complete failure.
Well it would appear not enough people are wrapping their minds around an overnight LARP (or don’t want to) for this to be a successful hotel.

LSLS

As someone who pushed big on that a pool should be there, I never said that made it a failure. The whole point was that could be a defining feature and that it was a missed opportunity if this was to be like a cruise. I thought the potential failure revolved around the price and that there wasn't anything for people who didn't want to get fully into the missions and LARPing (or whatever it's called). Maybe others said no pool made it a failure, but I thought most were similar to me on the idea of a pool.

Skibum1970

I guess that they didn't need a pool since they didn't have any escape room ideas involving a pool and the clothes weren't waterproof. I am now picturing the pool where NASA astronauts work in to simulate completing work in space.

No Name

There’s no thematic reason why the ship wouldn’t or couldn’t have a swimming pool.

I think the much bigger issue is the fact that they didn’t theme the outside of the building to look like a ship. That would’ve been a huge visual point for marketing the whole thing. But again, they were too cheap for that. The hotel is struggling in large part because they thought they could get away with less.

MagicHappens1971

I think the much bigger issue is the fact that they didn’t theme the outside of the building to look like a ship. That would’ve been a huge visual point for marketing the whole thing. But again, they were too cheap for that. The hotel is struggling in large part because they thought they could get away with less.
Theming the outside of the building to a ship would be odd. One they wanted the building to be inconspicuous, two, buildings don’t fly and three, the building would not be aesthetically pleasing as a ship.

No Name

Theming the outside of the building to a ship would be odd. One they wanted the building to be inconspicuous, two, buildings don’t fly and three, the building would not be aesthetically pleasing as a ship.
This is one of the stranger comments I’ve read here. Buildings don’t fly? That’s why the entrance would be themed to look like a ship (something that flies)! The other two points are equally weird… they want the building to be inconspicuous because they didn’t theme it, and the building could certainly be aesthetically pleasing if themed well, although I’m not suggesting they even do that.

Do you think anyone (especially a kid) finds this better?
1679891111793.jpeg

MagicHappens1971

This is one of the stranger comments I’ve read here. Buildings don’t fly? That’s why the entrance would be themed to look like a ship (something that flies)! The other two points are equally weird… they want the building to be inconspicuous because they didn’t theme it, and the building could certainly be aesthetically pleasing if themed well, although I’m not suggesting they even do that.

Do you think anyone (especially a kid) finds this better?
View attachment 706416
Part of the design is to add to the “reveal” of the ship.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom