Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

KevinPage

What is this weird obsession with the original trilogy? I’m 46 and have ZERO issues with it being based on the new films, which I adore.

Plenty of OT “love” in this land and I’m sure more will come “in time” like droids, bounty hunters and aliens. Why overload the land with wandering cast members if you want to keep the walkways clear for the initial crowd surges?

No FP means the lines move and because we all thought it would be mobbed to a ridiculous level for a decade and were wrong, doesn’t indicate any failure except failure on the part of the prognosticators.

Sure Chapek got budget choppy on the performers and such. But the infrastructure is there and something easily to implement the second they want to drop the $$$ on it, which realistically won’t be needed until well after Rise opens.

Easy way for them to use that as another “addition” in a year to hold over the time before giving us hopefully a 3rd attraction.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Here's your sneak peek at the "landing" of RotR (your eyes are ok - it is blurry)View attachment 406699
i am calling B.S. that is is from ROTR. It looks like its a screen shot only blury of when Chewie flys you in manually at the end of Smuggler's Run. It even looks like how it does in Star Tours when you visit Batuu. It could be a Star Tours screen cap. Until I see some on ride footage I am going to doubt this is from ROTR

mikejs78

Premium Member
Oh you mean why are STAR WARS fans obsessed with not having THE ACTUAL STAR WARS people give 2 craps about being in the land? Is this a real question? If you are a Star Wars fan and have to ask this question then you are not a Star Wars fan. Everything we know about Star Wars came from the OT. Star Wars at one point in time was just a series of 3 classic movies. I never cared about the original EU or any of the stupid cgi cartoon shows. Same with most. Star Wars was never meant to be this great expanded universe. It was a fairly tale adventure with space and aliens as its frame work to tell the classic hero'es journey. That story ended 40 years ago after Return of the Jedi.
If you told anyone back in early 200's there would one day be a STAR WARS land and told them there would be no LUKE,HAN, LEIA, VADER, LANDO, or any of the locations known from the films they would have called you a liar. The land should have been a celebration of all of Stars Wars and mainly included the OT characthers with some perquel and new trilogy characthers thrown in. Luke Skywalker is Star Wars. The ot characthers are the liscense. that is why the whole thing cost disney 4 billion. Notice how the thing people are talking about from the upcoming films' trailers is the Emperor and how he is back and no one is talking about Poe, Ray, Finn, Rose. everyone is talking about the Emperor. there is a reason for that.
Don't project your own personal opinions on the rest of Star Wars fandom. Because while it is yours and there's a segment that also feels that way, it is not the feeling or view of many Star Wars fans.

Stripes

1) if capacity were in an issue, and 2) if the area is internally deemed to be failing its goals by late January / early February.
Do both of these reasons have to apply? I don't see how that works if that is the case. I imagine you meant to imply that one of these reasons must be fulfilled, not both.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Oh you mean why are STAR WARS fans obsessed with not having THE ACTUAL STAR WARS people give 2 craps about being in the land? Is this a real question? If you are a Star Wars fan and have to ask this question then you are not a Star Wars fan. Everything we know about Star Wars came from the OT. Star Wars at one point in time was just a series of 3 classic movies. I never cared about the original EU or any of the stupid cgi cartoon shows....

Have you watched much of Clone Wars? May not be your cup of tea, but I would be hard pressed to find many fans that would consider it "stupid".

mergatroid

Can anyone please tell me what time people are arriving for the 6am openings? We're planning on getting there before the crowds get too big, so we're near the front of the queue when the gates open?

Pam Hates Penguins

Can anyone please tell me what time people are arriving for the 6am openings? We're planning on getting there before the crowds get too big, so we're near the front of the queue when the gates open?

I assume you are talking about the Extra Magic Hours? I didn't go during that time, but last Saturday I went and people were lining up at 4:30 am.

hauntology

Oh you mean why are STAR WARS fans obsessed with not having THE ACTUAL STAR WARS people give 2 craps about being in the land? Is this a real question? If you are a Star Wars fan and have to ask this question then you are not a Star Wars fan. Everything we know about Star Wars came from the OT. Star Wars at one point in time was just a series of 3 classic movies. I never cared about the original EU or any of the stupid cgi cartoon shows. Same with most. Star Wars was never meant to be this great expanded universe. It was a fairly tale adventure with space and aliens as its frame work to tell the classic heroe's journey. That story ended 40 years ago after Return of the Jedi.
If you told anyone back in early 2000's there would one day be a STAR WARS land and told them there would be no LUKE,HAN, LEIA, VADER, LANDO, or any of the locations known from the films they would have called you a liar. The land should have been a celebration of all of Stars Wars and mainly included the OT characthers with some perquel and new trilogy characthers thrown in. Luke Skywalker is Star Wars. The ot characthers are the liscense. that is why the whole thing cost disney 4 billion. Notice how the thing people are talking about from the upcoming films' trailers is the Emperor and how he is back and no one is talking about Poe, Ray, Finn, Rose. everyone is talking about the Emperor. there is a reason for that.

I feel like most star wars fans hold The Clone Wars as some of the best media Lucasfilms has come out with. It makes Anakin more likable and given more depth. No offense but beyond just the way you talk to other posters, this reads as having rage for not having "kept up" with the multiple Star Wars worlds as if you didn't feel like a good enough fan...some weird positing there.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I feel like most star wars fans hold The Clone Wars as some of the best media Lucasfilms has come out with. It makes Anakin more likable and given more depth. No offense but beyond just the way you talk to other posters, this reads as having rage for not having "kept up" with the multiple Star Wars worlds as if you didn't feel like a good enough fan...some weird positing there.

Don’t mention the ramp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom