Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

bork

The previous 2 weeks when we were there were busier than a typical late August. Lots of kids back in school, but there were a ton of international tourists.

DonniePeverley

It's a good attraction.

However, these Disney youtubers crying when it first came out was (once again) acting. It doesn't warrant any tears of happiness. It's just a good ride. I went into with far too high expectations.

mickEblu

It's a good attraction.

However, these Disney youtubers crying when it first came out was (once again) acting. It doesn't warrant any tears of happiness. It's just a good ride. I went into with far too high expectations.

The last and maybe first time I was really Wow’d by an attraction was when I rode Indiana Jones as a 12 year old in 95. Part of it I’m sure was that I was 12 but the attraction really did feel groundbreaking in a way that ROTR did not. I would wager that POTC, HM and even Star Tours were more ground breaking and had more of a WOW factor when they opened.

Last edited:

bork

Our family had varied reactions. 18 year old son is big into all of the new Star Wars stuff and thought it was the best ride ever. I grew up with the original trilogy and don't care for the new stuff thought it was just ok. Wife is not a Star Wars fan at all had no desire to ride it again. My wife and I both had no idea what was going on during the ride. Our younger 2 kids liked it but it wasn't their favorite. Everyone in the family would much rather ride Cosmic Rewind or Flight of Passage.

Nthderivative

Our family had varied reactions. 18 year old son is big into all of the new Star Wars stuff and thought it was the best ride ever. I grew up with the original trilogy and don't care for the new stuff thought it was just ok. Wife is not a Star Wars fan at all had no desire to ride it again. My wife and I both had no idea what was going on during the ride. Our younger 2 kids liked it but it wasn't their favorite. Everyone in the family would much rather ride Cosmic Rewind or Flight of Passage.
You had NO idea what was going on? Did operations have you skipping the preshows?

bork

You had NO idea what was going on? Did operations have you skipping the preshows?
Not sure, it was the only time I ever rode it. It was 20 minutes before closing and it had just reopened after a lengthy closure and it was pouring rain. And we had paid for LL+ and were worried it wouldn't reopen. Our son said parts were in B-mode. All this combined made for a confusing experience.

I think the whole Galaxy's Edge really needs some understanding of the sequel trilogy to get what's going on. It really doesn't stand by itself. I think Pandora did a better job of making it stand by itself without needing to have watched the movie.

Last edited:

mickEblu

I was wowed by this ride, still am.

It’s a great ride. I think it’s greatest strength is just it’s scale/scope. But for true Wow factor for me it wasn’t quite the same as experiencing Indy for the first time in 95. And I’d wager people that rode POTC, HM, Star Tours and Indy when they opened feel the same way. People had never seen the practical effects in POTC/ HM. People had never ridden a simulator. Especially one themed to Star Wars. Then when Indy came out people had never ridden a moving simulator. The ride system was so unique.

What does ROTR do that we’ve never seen before? That’s why I say it’s greatest strength is it’s scale.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
Good video showing how bad things go wrong when multiple holds happen due to congestion at unload.

The cannon room has about a 12 sec footage that loops endlessly. Then when the holding pattern stops, an instant screen wipe resumes the scene with the Resistance ships coming in for the attacks.

This certain long pause causes the Kylo scene to be out of sync (delayed actually) compared to the RV's movements.

This also causes the escape pods to not trigger. So the screen, sound effects, bgm, lights, etc. all remain stagnant as if you weren't present in the pod yet even thought the drop still occured.

This is obviously a nuance/bug in the ride's code, as there already been plenty of videos showcasing the holds, but doesn't cause things to get out of sync and not trigger certain scenes/effects. Hopefully it was logged and can be debugged and fixed eventually. Being from IT, this is something I would love to work on haha (and those cannons!!).

Pretty cool regardless!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I understand there is hope for the canons.

I heard something similar recently.

FWIW - Everything except the cannons seemed to be working last Friday post-Ian shutdown. Got to experience both paths, Kylo AA was in A-mode, probe droid OK, Finn AA's working. The only blip was BB-8 wasn't working in the first hologram room, but was going the second time through (different room, unless one room has BB-8 and one doesn't).

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
In my wife's opinion, she's no longer a fan of RotR since GotG is now available. We've been riding RotR since the day after its official opening and it's not been kept up operationally, so its lost it's luster for us. The three preshows are just a pain now to endure when you know something supposes to happen and it just doesn't (ooh look at the scary stationary probe droid that somehow fails to recognize the two transports full of prisoners a few feet away). We'll just spend the time on Slinky and Midway Mania before lunch and then start our hop at 1pm. Back to half a day park for us.

Last edited:

Hollywood 1939

Has it been discussed that the double escape pod door doesn't seem to be functioning anymore? The first one still closes but the second doesn't, meaning if you turn around you can your drop/motions.

I could only find evidence of it by turning 360 video to the rear:

Edit: Never mind, doesn't seem they were ever installed in WDW, only DL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom