Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

gerarar

Premium Member
Rise was down a good portion of the day yesterday. When it did reopen, it was only running at half capacity with one RV. I haven't seen this configuration done in months, so one of the elevator must be bugging. Only Track A (front AT-AT) was running.

A live stream yesterday captured it all, and a breakdown with evac! Their RV stopped right in front of the cannons.

Evac is timestamped here:

bork

We bought LL yesterday for 7:40PM, staying offsite. It was down when we got there. Finally reopened at 8:40 PM. We we were worried we wouldn't get on it. It was our first time.

gerarar

Premium Member
We bought LL yesterday for 7:40PM, staying offsite. It was down when we got there. Finally reopened at 8:40 PM. We we were worried we wouldn't get on it. It was our first time.
Hope y'all had fun! Do you remember if one or two RV's were running or just one?

gerarar

Premium Member
We did have fun and walked out of the park after close. Since it was our first time, I'm not sure. I did notice a lot of empty ride vehicles in some parts.
That's good, I had a similar experience after riding Rise on my last trip. Completely empty park after close, perfect for pics.

And only 1 RV was only running most likely then. They store all the extra RV's throughout the ride if it's running at half capacity.

G00fyDad

57 days to go and this ride is one of the biggest reasons for this trip. I am very nervous that it will be down for the day on our one and only DHS day. At least I have the Park Hopper option and can hop over to this park if I need to on another day.

911deb

Just rode, skipped the pre shows and Kylo was in B mode. Now it’s down. Still haven’t gotten to see Kylo in A mode, of all the luck!

djkidkaz

How long has the wait time been for this attraction lately if I don’t want to buy the ILL? Checking it now it says 95 minutes but the park also just opened not to long ago. What type of wait are we looking at in the middle of the day?

gerarar

Premium Member
How long has the wait time been for this attraction lately if I don’t want to buy the ILL? Checking it now it says 95 minutes but the park also just opened not to long ago. What type of wait are we looking at in the middle of the day?
ThrillData has a bunch of historical data.
Middle of the day is like 3pm, and the waits hover around 80-110 mins it seems like. Although for the past couple days it's been trending lower around an hour.
Screenshot_20220820-085744_Chrome.jpg

brettf22

Premium Member
Based on my experiences this past week, reliability issues continue to make waits long and unpredictable. Even with an ILL, it took us multiple attempts, over multiple days, to ride Rise.

The first attempt (with ILL), it broke down while we were about to get into the preshow. With it being later in the day (6:45pm was the first ILL available for offsite guests), and being our only scheduled DHS day, we waited. They did not start offering recovery re-rides until about an hour into the delay. About the time they did, it came back up, so we stayed. We made it to the interrogation rooms … and it broke down again. After 20 mins, they moved everybody back into the hanger. There we stood for another 30 mins. Then, 15 minutes before park close, they called it for the night.

One big issue was they were only offering recovery re-rides for the next day. Since we couldn’t be back to DHS the next day, our only option was to go to Guest Relations, which also had a sizable line at the end of the day. Luckily for us, the next day, the Disney Springs GR folks were able to move our recovery ride (but only after calling DHS, since only DHS GR has direct access to Rise recovery options). Another day later, we were able to hop over to DHS to try again. Once again, it went down. Luckily, this downtime was short (only 30 or so mins). But several show elements were still down (the usual suspects: Kylo in B mode, and no cannon movement, which seems to be a permanent decision).

Long story short, riding Rise can still be a crap shoot, and a big time investment, given reliability issues. Looking at info on Thrill-Data, Disneyland's Rise reliability is just as spotty, if not worse. I hope Rise’s reliability issues are a top priority for Disney, since it definitely tarnishes what is one of the best experiences in the parks.

TrojanUSC

We did have fun and walked out of the park after close. Since it was our first time, I'm not sure. I did notice a lot of empty ride vehicles in some parts.

This is a little deceiving. When you leave the loading area, the empty vehicles you see almost right away are two new vehicles returning from unload to the loading bay you just departed from.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom