• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

britain

Yep 😊 all 49 minutes of it

I want nothing less than discarded concept art, animated vehicles dancing through blueprints, dissolves of satellite imagery, and lots of photos of construction (perhaps leaning on the Anaheim version’s more public vantage points), culminating in a multi-angle extravaganza of the whole experience. And ending with thank you’s and music that makes me want to put a tiger in my tank.

SWGalaxys_Edge

I want nothing less than discarded concept art, animated vehicles dancing through blueprints, dissolves of satellite imagery, and lots of photos of construction (perhaps leaning on the Anaheim version’s more public vantage points), culminating in a multi-angle extravaganza of the whole experience. And ending with thank you’s and music that makes me want to put a tiger in my tank.
I just want to see Jeans Guy hidden somewhere within the ride...

1606659116452.png

gerarar

Happy First Anniversary to Rise of the Resistance!

In celebration, I've made a guide that breaks down the loading process configurations and specifically which transport colors give either Track A or B, as this is also dependent on which Interrogation room you happen to get put in by the First Order. These rooms are numbered on the outside of the doors, as shown below:
1607080121094.png

Here, interrogation room 7 is the one you may enter and as represented on the graphic, transport blue/red will get Track A, which is front AT-AT. Also the door to the Disco Room opens in front of you, as opposed to behind you like in interrogation rooms 1 and 2.
ROTR_disco_room_final.png

After watching dozens to hundreds of videos of ROTR every week since opening, I pretty much memorized which transports does what, and I thought of that people might like to know and request what certain colors get the best experience possible (at least pre-pandemic it was possible), so this might be of help.

Cheers to one of the greatest rides in recent time! ;)

Dapale

An interesting video on Rise showing off:
- Bridge scene failing to start
- Single vehicle operations
- Delayed elevator lift start (distance between next vehicle was somehow closer than intended, vehicle sits on elevator lift for an extra second or two)
- Poe's voice (from vehicle speakers) fails to start in the escape pod

gerarar

We finally have a video of a live ITS (the transport ship preshow) breakdown....everything just goes dark!! In this case, the ship happened to break down in the midsts of rotating, so when being evacuated they had to be rescued backstage.
D3934DD6-664D-418E-8D38-920FF0B812C1.png

The Resistance CMs lead them back outside right before where they originally boarded the ITS and lead them to a small corridor on the left. It’s interesting how it’s illuminated green.
479C72E9-97D8-4F24-BE42-23BF988A85CA.png
B5FBF1A7-3647-49F8-A7F7-EC560F8327E4.png

This of course leads you to the hanger room and you get “dumped” right back into the experience with the First Order officers scolding you, and thus your journey resumes.
565A864B-8C96-4077-BADF-F4211CF6373C.png

If you’re interested in how everything plays out like how the ITS goes dark all of a sudden, here’s the source video. Start around 22:30 and enjoy a “rare” captured moment!

Jones14

Do ya'll think 2-3 years down the road RoTR will be more stable with less broken effects or will it be worse than it is now?
I think it will get better. Nearly every new E-Ticket of the last five years from Disney and Universal has faced significant issues during the first few years of operation. The tradeoff of pushing the limits of technology is that sometimes it pushes back.

Rich Brownn

I think it will get better. Nearly every new E-Ticket of the last five years from Disney and Universal has faced significant issues during the first few years of operation. The tradeoff of pushing the limits of technology is that sometimes it pushes back.
Yup. JAWS was such a mess that they had to tear it out and rebuild it. Even recent ones like KONG and HAGRIDS had very noticable issues when first opened. (Alas, F&F did not get delayed...lol)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom