AVATAR land construction progress

twebber55

I stand corrected. There has been no steel erection from what I see now. All the gray lines are banks of conduit.

The steel is on site though. Lots of it.
what could be that tall concrete area in front of the boat ride? or is there no way of knowing

Tom

Beta Return
It looks like the boat ride has the early lead in terms of development compared to the Soarin' type ride. Not that it means anything at this point, but is an interesting contrast if the boat ride is intended for "phase 2" of the land -- will be cool to see the progression over the next 2 years.

The whole "phase" thing is purely speculation. Nothing that's been said by Disney.

I agree that the boat ride is on track to complete with the rest of the area. There would be no benefit to have a second press event for a c ticket boat ride buried inside another show building. Their best bet is to open all of Pandora, 100% complete. They'll get maximum punch that way.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was thinking it was just the part in yellow that is all concrete. What would the other part be? The one thing looks like the outline of a building or structure.

Yes, it does look like another building, but it appears to have foundations all the way around it so it will probably be enclosed in rock work. The area outside of the concrete might be the queue and load/unload area. The other structure within the yellow might be a mechanical room or maintenance bay.

MerlinTheGoat

Well, the Soarin 2.0 foundations are clear.

No motorbike coaster then...
I had assumed any chances of the coaster being included had long since died, early on in the blue sky phase in fact. Was there really any hope left for it in the past couple of years since the project was announced?

At least in regards to what attractions are included, it sounds like those old leaked blueprints were fairly accurate.

I just hope the boat ride is still in the plans, not downgraded to some kind of walkthrough, delayed to a second phase or canned. I've said before that i've little to no interest in a Soarin clone (i'm tired of video based simulators/rides and long for more physical sets and animatronics), so the boat is all I really care about at this point. I expect this land to be quite visually appealing particularly after dark, but it needs substance along with style (specifically rides). Besides carnival garbage over at Dinorama, it'll apparently be one of the only truly "calm" rides in the park (arguably the only one as even the Safari has some rough terrain in it).

jdmdisney99

Possible boat ride layout...?

Fox&Hound

Wow! It's awesome to see some progress. Even though I have no inside info at all, I can't see them opening Pandora in stages. NFL got a lot of flack for that strategy and I can't see them opening this land with one ride open.

Does anyone know if the giant tree (tree of souls? I don't know what it's called) will be in this land or part of a ride (like it will be in the boat ride somewhere)? I think that would look amazing at night. =)

twebber55

Wow! It's awesome to see some progress. Even though I have no inside info at all, I can't see them opening Pandora in stages. NFL got a lot of flack for that strategy and I can't see them opening this land with one ride open.

Does anyone know if the giant tree (tree of souls? I don't know what it's called) will be in this land or part of a ride (like it will be in the boat ride somewhere)? I think that would look amazing at night. =)
wouldn't shock me to see it in the boat ride show building

doctornick

Looks good. How long of a ride should that be compared to other boat rides?

It's an interesting question. Earlier, people compared the IASW show building to the concrete slab and the IASW building was larger but not substantially so. IASW at MK is about 10.5 minutes long. if the ride layout that @jdmdisney99 proposed is roughly correct, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect something similar and maybe closer to 12 minutes. At worse, I think we are probably looking at around 8 minutes, which should still be able to be pretty engaging.

twebber55

It's an interesting question. Earlier, people compared the IASW show building to the concrete slab and the IASW building was larger but not substantially so. IASW at MK is about 10.5 minutes long. if the ride layout that @jdmdisney99 proposed is roughly correct, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect something similar and maybe closer to 12 minutes. At worse, I think we are probably looking at around 8 minutes, which should still be able to be pretty engaging.
how long is little mermaid

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom