Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

ChewbaccaYourMum

An exaggeration for marketing purposes (like the saber through the ceiling)? An effect planned but cut for budget? Or an effect that is actually built in to the current attraction, but not "turned on" due to not working as envisioned?
The saber through the ceiling is there. It's a bit cheesy and not as convincing as shown on the commercial, but it's still nice.

robhedin

I tried to search this thread but couldn’t get the search function to work properly, so I apologize if this has already been asked but what’s the thought for larger guests?

I have been on FOP six times, 3 times I had to make the walk of shame off and 3 times I enjoyed the ride. I know this is obviously much different but I didn’t hear someone say it’s a little snug. Just looking for another opinion 🙂
I’m a 350 pound guy. No issues riding. Seat belt plenty big enough. Probably best to ride on one of the outside seats. If you can ride Soarin’ you can ride this.

DarkMetroid567

My strange opinion on this attraction is that I’m in love...until the ride itself. The scenes happen quickly, the effects are both only moderately convincing and hard to see, and the animatronics look so bad.

I still can’t believe they thought that last Kylo animatronic was a good idea. I get the intention, but it was laughable to watch him flail his arms and look inhuman.

When considering the entire attraction from queue to end, Rise is an incredible achievement that I’d love to experience again ASAP. When considering the ride itself, I think Flight of Passage, Pooh’s Hunny Hunt, Radiator Springs Racers, Mystic Manor, and Journey are all easily better attractions.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The name doesn't really make sense. "Rise" of the Resistance? What are they doing to rise?

Again we see a completely incompetent Hux and Ren, which makes us wonder how the heck they ever came to power. Especially since we have gotten ZERO backstory on how the New Republic died and the First Order was able to take over.

Let us all hope they throw these terrible stories out of cannon and re-brand this ride as "Rise of the Rebellion".

Ismael Flores

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but if all goes well the dedication show and drones should run through the weekend.

I really hope that they are adding more entertainment and redeem their screw up from this summer.

was at Disneyland this weekend and when Kylo came out and dis his bit people rushed to see what was going on. by the time people arrived it was over in a blink of an eye and people looked around confused.

its cool that they want to make it seem as its happening in real life but add a bit to it. use the surrounding area more. They have a 360 degree stage with roof tops, bridges and platforms

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I saw Chewbacca and some troopers. Do they count?
1575918165828.png

"Yes! Let's clap every time they come out!"

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I don’t remember anything suggesting our vehicle got hit. I remember the walls and AT ATs getting hit though.

Missed opportunity/potential?

So, about those laser blasts shown in the promo footage....

Good question. I was most interested in seeing this effect in action and trying to figure out how it was created. I guess they opted to not do it (yet?) cause reasons.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
you mean the Chewbacca that just walks around ignoring everyone and seems like he is lost?
:)
Yep. That’s the one.
Good question. I was most interested in seeing this effect in action and trying to figure out how it was created. I guess they opted to not do it (yet?) cause reasons.
I’d hazard they didn’t figure out how to change physics to move a beam of light along its axis through physical space?

rsm

Havn't ridden in person (so maybe its obvious how its done IRL), but from the videos, the one effect that still has me mesmerized with confusion is this ceiling area right after the probe droid.

Solid ceiling with no visible seams.
1575920638447.png

Projection of blaster bolt
1575920686228.png

Ceiling chunk physically missing (you can see the wall behind/through it).
1575920733669.png

Most impressive. I assume there MUST be two ceiling chunks that physically retract very quickly timed with the blaster bolt projection, but it is literally seamless (on video at least).

Attachments

• 1575920612128.png
    1575920612128.png
    388.3 KB · Views: 62

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom