News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

castlecake2.0

Is there any point where they will just start closing the standby for this? If they use normal WDW rules and allow people to enter standby up until park closing are they really going to keep this ride running for 2-4 hours after park close?

Has the line for FOP ever closed early or do they keep it open until park close?
I can’t recall any attraction ever cutting a line before park close. I think VQ did this in a non obvious way, but I can’t imagine they would cut a line hours before park close in a blatant way.

Ayla

Again, this has nothing to do with it. From here on, you pay or you wait three hours or more.

You know all the seating in the queue? That’s not for a standby line that’s going to move at a quick, steady pace.
I have no idea what's in the queue, I've never ridden it. I have zero interest in Star Wars.

CaptainAmerica

You complained when I kept kicking you in the groin, and now you won’t shut up when I’ve changed to punching you in the nose. You’re NEVER happy.
There is no system, even in theory, where everyone who wants to ride Rise of the Resistance gets to ride Rise of the Resistance. Demand exceeds supply. You're going to get kicked or punched in some body part of you want to ride it.

And remember everyone, WDW takes Covid VERY seriously. That’s why they stopped building things and understaff and cut performances and skyrocket prices and sliced menu offerings and open attraction years late. They aren’t just cynically exploiting an unprecedented global tragedy. Now stand in this narrow corridor with 1000 other people for three hours.
This is half fair and half unfair.

All of the "health and safety" stuff that Disney is talking about is crap. There's no doubt about that. The reason I didn't get my bed made daily at Caribbean Beach is not to keep their housekeeping staff safe. That's a lie. But it's not "cynically exploiting an unprecedented global tragedy." The hiring crisis and collapse of leisure travel are real. The french fry stand in Ocean City New Jersey can't find staff, and neither can Disney. Southwest Airlines can't find guests, and neither can Disney. The pandemic's impacts on TWDC are real, but they're economic, not biological.

lewisc

I can’t recall any attraction ever cutting a line before park close. I think VQ did this in a non obvious way, but I can’t imagine they would cut a line hours before park close in a blatant way.
Disney will close the standby line and switch to VQ. Few if any bg will be issued.

An event such as a hot concert or sporting even is underpriced if it sells out rapidly. ll passes priced at 24 sell out in minutes...tomorrow might be 49.

Maybe Uber pricing. Price varies during the day

pixarprincess

I know the original rumor was capping LL access at $20 but I just don't see how that can work. It's just a new version of VQ at that point. And they're really going to pass up more people buying access for standby? This is going to go badly. Can't believe they're implementing it in lieu of all the other major changes.

Mamarama

I’ve been a member here a couple of years but don’t post. However, I must ask why none of the experts or insiders here predicted this move? Was it that top secret or what and why? If I missed a prediction, please point it out to me. Hate being blindsided like this when I have a trip coming up. Thank you!

castlecake2.0

Disney will close the standby line and switch to VQ. Few if any bg will be issued.

An event such as a hot concert or sporting even is underpriced if it sells out rapidly. ll passes priced at 24 sell out in minutes...tomorrow might be 49.

Maybe Uber pricing. Price varies during the day
I can’t see them switching to a virtual queue every night after telling people they weren’t doing VQ anymore.

Trauma

Good god…it’s not even a good ride😂
Yeah I’m torn on this.

I wouldn’t say it’s not a good ride. However at least for me after you ride it so many times it starts to lose something.

Now you might say that’s true for a lot of rides, and you would probably be right, but not for the masterpieces like the one they are about to destroy because it’s somehow racist.

Rise is something you must ride once and probably 2-3 times to fully appreciate it but then you start to see all the things that could have been instead of what is.

It’s like the baseball equivalent of someone taking the biggest home run swing you have ever seen, just to dribble the ball down the 3rd base line for a single.

So if you have to pay to ride it and you have no other way of riding I guess it’s worth it.

I just don’t see a lot of people paying to ride it more than once.

Figments Friend

cd14f14068c35439c1c8e3f182ccb5c6.gif

This is me, right now.
Very pumped by the news as up until now, I have not been able to experience this Attraction even though I have been to the Park a couple of times since it opened.

Finally.....those who don't have tech toys or fast fingers can finally have a chance to ride!
Woo hoo!
12 days and counting to arrival....

🎉

GimpYancIent

Yeah I’m torn on this.

I wouldn’t say it’s not a good ride. However at least for me after you ride it so many times it starts to lose something.

Now you might say that’s true for a lot of rides, and you would probably be right, but not for the masterpieces like the one they are about to destroy because it’s somehow racist.

Rise is something you must ride once and probably 2-3 times to fully appreciate it but then you start to see all the things that could have been instead of what is.

It’s like the baseball equivalent of someone taking the biggest home run swing you have ever seen, just to dribble the ball down the 3rd base line for a single.

So if you have to pay to ride it and you have no other way of riding I guess it’s worth it.

I just don’t see a lot of people paying to ride it more than once.
Yes, that newness has worn off. Guests that have never ridden it, well simply put, to them it will be new. To guests that have ridden it and many of whom have ridden it many times it will be something not worth paying extra to ride again.

beertiki

Wow. I will be there the 26th - 3rd, the 50th. We are early risers. 7am to get a boarding group was always no problem. Real early rope drops for FOP were bad. An uncivilized mob, stressful, borderline unsafe. But, that is what it take to ride. Rise will be a stampede. I am 52 years old, tough working guy, and the combination of pushing, shoving, running, fast walking at some rope drops is insane. People who would normally be scared to bump into the big tattooed guy do so repeatedly.

I stay calm. I want to grab some of them and throw them in the bushes. But, no matter how bad I am disrespected, I know I have to stay calm, and not get in trouble.

Rise will be different. It is the best ride/attraction ever. Rope drop will be disgusting. Cast members will strain to keep their cool, because they like their jobs. Guys like me will struggle to not grab some line jumper by the neck because I want to come back next year.

This might get ugly.

lewisc

I’ve been a member here a couple of years but don’t post. However, I must ask why none of the experts or insiders here predicted this move? Was it that top secret or what and why? If I missed a prediction, please point it out to me. Hate being blindsided like this when I have a trip coming up. Thank you!
Posters have been speculating about how Disney might manipulate ques to motivate sales

pixarprincess

Wow. I will be there the 26th - 3rd, the 50th. We are early risers. 7am to get a boarding group was always no problem. Real early rope drops for FOP were bad. An uncivilized mob, stressful, borderline unsafe. But, that is what it take to ride. Rise will be a stampede. I am 52 years old, tough working guy, and the combination of pushing, shoving, running, fast walking at some rope drops is insane. People who would normally be scared to bump into the big tattooed guy do so repeatedly.

I stay calm. I want to grab some of them and throw them in the bushes. But, no matter how bad I am disrespected, I know I have to stay calm, and not get in trouble.

Rise will be different. It is the best ride/attraction ever. Rope drop will be disgusting. Cast members will strain to keep their cool, because they like their jobs. Guys like me will struggle to not grab some line jumper by the neck because I want to come back next year.

This might get ugly.
Ya, this is going to be really bad. The unsafe part is probably the scariest.

MrPromey

They need bodies in queues to absorb crowds.

And I think they also need 3-5 hour in-person waits for top attractions to create value for Lighting Lane.

... and with enough demand for the upsold Lightning Lane (specifically, the individual purchases for things like Rise), they'll also chew enough capacity to ensure those lines stay long from open to close. Thus, creating a virtuous circle as often as possible - at least from Disney's perspective.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom