News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

Clamman73

Huh….I was gonna be on the road on 95 or 4 on my Studios day in Nov at the 7AM time and now wondering what the best strategy is gonna be….i would be a resort guest….hmmmmm

Dranth

So, assuming the $24 figure floating around is correct then the next question is, how much of the daily capacity is reserved for IAS? That will go a long way to determine just how good/bad this may get. RotR is going to a hard one for them to balance but it will be fascinating to see where they start at and how quickly they adjust both price and IAS capacity.

JohnD

Whenever we rope drop a park I always tell everyone to make sure they go before we leave the Hotel. Every second you stop for a bathroom break once in the parks adds 10 minutes to your wait... Even if while waiting for the entry points to open, you cant really risk one taking a bathroom break because it can be very unpredictable... Bathrooms in the queue would be an excellent idea... :)

Which they've done in FOP. Good luck finding your place in the queue when you exit the restroom.

Disney Dad 3000

I won't wade into a debate on BG vs non-BG, but guests opting for standby on this attraction is going to be a sizeable gamble depending on what kind of park day you are wanting to have (how many rides you are wanting to hit, rope drop strategy, time available, etc.). This ride is just not reliable enough for me to justify missing RD in another part of the park, or waiting in line in the mid morning or whenever we arrive when crowds are worse. Though I could see this making the Genie+ purchase more likely on DHS days if you can secure 1, 2 or even 3 LL passes (@7, 9 and 11) for the day either while waiting in line for Rise or due to a breakdown dragging on.

WDWBryan

72793676.jpg

ToTBellHop

Disney's announcement explicitly stated, "we will pause the use of virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance."

Eventually, are you anticipating a return of (free) Boarding Groups coupled with IAS, a Standby Line coupled with IAS, or just IAS for ROTR?
They aren’t pausing for a week. This is meant to be the daily operation going forward. Exceptions would be VERY busy days. So maybe you need a BG on NYE.

disneygeek90

Whenever we rope drop a park I always tell everyone to make sure they go before we leave the Hotel. Every second you stop for a bathroom break once in the parks adds 10 minutes to your wait... Even if while waiting for the entry points to open, you cant really risk one taking a bathroom break because it can be very unpredictable... Bathrooms in the queue would be an excellent idea... :)
After them retro-adding them to FoP I'm sort of surprised that it wasn't in the plans for ROTR. I think they should consider adding it especially to new rides that have long expected waits (GotG...)

ToTBellHop

After them retro-adding them to FoP I'm sort of surprised that it wasn't in the plans for ROTR. I think they should consider adding it especially to new rides that have long expected waits (GotG...)
They can just add Resistance buckets placed sporadically. It will be on theme. They wouldn’t have had time to install plumbing.

CM: “Are you able to hold it ’til the spire, youngling?”
Youngling: “No.”
CM: “Then here is a bucket. Please have better aim than the Storm Troopers.”

Ayla

There is always going to be Standby. My hope is that Genie doesn't affect Standby waits as much because with Genie and LL now money is involved for front of the line access. FP was always free (which is great for FP, don't misunderstand) but it greatly increased the wait times in Standby.
There will not always be standby, especially on RoTR. That's why it's temporary.

JohnD

They can just add Resistance buckets placed sporadically. It will be on theme. They wouldn’t have had time to install plumbing.

CM: “Are you able to hold it ’til the spire, youngling?”
Youngling: “No.”
CM: “Then here is a bucket. Please have better aim than the Storm Troopers.”
Let's hope that is all it is, or it really would be Pew! Pew!

JohnD

There will not always be standby, especially on RoTR. That's why it's temporary.

The virtual queue is on pause, not standby. In fact, they're switching to Standby (along with IAS):

We know our guests love choice and flexibility when planning their time in a theme park—which is why, starting Sept. 23, we will pause the use of virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, and guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios may experience this incredible attraction using a traditional standby queue for the first time since it opened in 2019.

relic827

As someone who is planning only a 2 day trip for the 50th with no DHS reservation but still planning to hop over there one of those nights, I appreciate this. I know it may take up the entire second half of my day to stand in this line, and I completely accept that.

tanc

Never got why Stand By Lines weren't around when the park opened, literally like no one was even in the park in August 2020 when I was there. At least there's a good way to get on, and this makes me wonder if eventually VQ will be phased out in favor of LL/Genie+... thanks Chapek.

RobbinsDad

I'm paying the LL charge. I don't want to by god, but I would rather pay whatever it is x4 than play virtual boarding group keno or stand in line for 5 hours.

CJR

There's a silver lining though. If the wait time for Rise is four hours, just for example, it could lower wait times for the other attractions. I know Genie+ will slow down the lines for those too, but not everyone will buy Genie+, so there's some hope for balance.

I still think the other attractions at DHS will see a uptick in their wait times, as people bypass the lines using Genie+, but with a lengthy Standby for Rise, the uptick probably won't be as bad as other parks that have had all of their attractions as standby only through this point. I feel for those wanting to do Peter Pan's Flight in a month, compared to today. I don't see most attractions at DHS having significantly longer wait times now, at least. Hope I'm not wrong.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
How lovely, we arrive on the 24th for our next vacation and staying on-site we'll have a 30-minute start on the daily admission guests. I guess I'll be able to enjoy my breakfast on HS days.

nickys

Premium Member
Could this be because of fears that having two VQs running at the same time could overload the system? Combined with Genie+ and you could have an epic meltdown of the app at 7am.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom