News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

rowrbazzle

You obviously have little experience using the 60 day FP+ window. At 7am 60 days before your trip you have to get online and book. Otherwise all the FP+ reservations are taken for new rides. In fact, if you have a short 2-3 night stay you still may not get a FP+ reservation for the most popular rides. That just means you booked at an onsite hotel and got an extra 60 days to book FP+ on ToT, Star Tours, and other rides that are available day-of. Seems to me that BG's are more advantageous and give on-site guests a better shot at riding new rides.

I don't think it's quite that dire. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236 There are currently three rides unavailable 60 days out - Mine Train is available at 61 (and scattered days before), FoP at 62, and Slinky at 63. You're right that on a short trip you'd probably be out of luck on Slinky and maybe FoP if you're slow on the trigger. When planning my last trip (just completed) this was the same pattern I saw so at least folks can plan accordingly what parks to visit. On a longer trip there's obviously more wiggle room.

That being said, I don't think it should be as "bad" as it is. More high quality rides in each park would spread the booking. I think it'd be better if Disney dropped the neighbor hotels from the 60 day booking also.

disneygeek90

I just said people keep talking about 5-7 hour waits and that I’ve never seen that. People keep replying to that post with examples of 3-4 hour waits. I’m not saying that’s not a long wait. I’m saying those particular examples have nothing to do with me saying I’ve never seen 5-7 hour waits.
The 3-4 hour waits are attractions that have been open for years. It's not a big leap to think that ROTR could tack on several extra hours based on how new it is.

el_super

For RotR, if they designed the ride with a third row on each vehicle, they could’ve brought capacity up to the mid-high 2000s while hardly sacrificing ride experience

I don't know if that would have been feasible. I am struggling to think of an example of a trackless ride vehicle as large as the ones on Rise as it is. Since these things are trackless and have to run off their batteries, weight definitely becomes an issue.

disneygeek90

And again I’m not saying that’s impossible. I just want to see hard evidence lol
There can't be hard evidence because there has been no standby. Obviously this is speculation and probably what Disney is fearing.

June 2017:
june 2017.PNG

Feb 2019:
feb 2019.jpg

June 2017 was a month after open. We would likely see something similar if ROTR goes to standby in the next month or so.

I just said people keep talking about 5-7 hour waits and that I’ve never seen that. People keep replying to that post with examples of 3-4 hour waits. I’m not saying that’s not a long wait. I’m saying those particular examples have nothing to do with me saying I’ve never seen 5-7 hour waits.

You also said the longest wait you've ever seen was 3 hours, so it's very odd you're surprised someone replied to you showing you that the wait was longer than that...today.

relic827

You also said the longest wait you've ever seen was 3 hours, so it's very odd you're surprised someone replied to you showing you that the wait was longer than that...today.
Responding to that part of my post indicates that the responder missed my point. I wasn’t looking for something more than 3 hours. I was asking when a 5-7 hour wait has ever happened. And I have received answers to that now from people who didn’t miss my point. Thank you to those people btw.
But anyway, showing me things more than 3 hours but still less than 5 just because I happened to say I haven’t seen anything over 3 doesn’t answer my actual question.

Responding to that part of my post indicates that the responder missed my point. I wasn’t looking for something more than 3 hours. I was asking when a 5-7 hour wait has ever happened. And I have received answers to that now from people who didn’t miss my point. Thank you to those people btw.
But anyway, showing me things more than 3 hours but still less than 5 just because I happened to say I haven’t seen anything over 3 doesn’t answer my actual question.
It's not him that missed your point, it's you that missed his. You supported your point by saying you've never seen a wait longer than 3 hours. Him saying that today's wait is 25% longer than what you claim you've ever seen is completely relevant to your post.

relic827

It's not him that missed your point, it's you that missed his. You supported your point by saying you've never seen a wait longer than 3 hours. Him saying that today's wait is 25% longer than what you claim you've ever seen is completely relevant to your post.
I didn’t say it wasn’t relevant to my post. I said it didn’t answer my actual question. Which was “When has (a 5-7 hour wait) ever happened?” And I’m not surprised people are showing me wait times over 3 hours. I’m surprised almost everyone completely disregarded the other part of that post, as if the 3 hour thing was all I was challenging.

socalkdg

When your group is called you have two hours. Should you go immediately, shoot for sometime in the middle, towards the end, or don’t worry about it. Thoughts by people that have been on it? We noticed when they had groups here at DL to get into the land waiting an hour was best and the line had dropped on SR.

Also, do you need to make ressies for the Cantina?

VaderTron

I don't think it's quite that dire. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236 There are currently three rides unavailable 60 days out - Mine Train is available at 61 (and scattered days before), FoP at 62, and Slinky at 63. You're right that on a short trip you'd probably be out of luck on Slinky and maybe FoP if you're slow on the trigger. When planning my last trip (just completed) this was the same pattern I saw so at least folks can plan accordingly what parks to visit. On a longer trip there's obviously more wiggle room.

That being said, I don't think it should be as "bad" as it is. More high quality rides in each park would spread the booking. I think it'd be better if Disney dropped the neighbor hotels from the 60 day booking also.
Keep in mind that 60 days out from now is one of the "slower" times of the year. Availability is even more scarce during moderate to busy times of the year.

VaderTron

The 3-4 hour waits are attractions that have been open for years. It's not a big leap to think that ROTR could tack on several extra hours based on how new it is.
It's been said before, but perhaps needs to be said again. Yes, some diehards would wait 5 or more hours for the first few weeks. However, after a short time the insanity would wane a bit. The average guest may be ok waiting around 3 hours. However, when you start getting into the 5-7 hour range and people are spending half their day in line for one ride, or having to skip meals to stand in line for one ride, reasoning kicks in that the cost of ridership is too steep. Nearly all guests would decide it's not worth waiting that long and would decide to do something else. It's similar to those who, although they know they can get a BG if they wake up at 5am, are unwilling to get up and would rather do something else after sleeping in. Thus, one would surmise the the theoretical line length of a RotR standby line would be capped by the length of time the majority of guests would be willing to stand in a line for RotR, likely not much longer than FoP now that the first few weeks have passed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom