News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kamikaze

I’ll withhold any opinions until I see it because I like to remain spoiler free as much as possible, but even logistically that queue doesn’t comfortably hold more than an hour or two.

Oh, I don't know anything except the basics either, but the lines/queues/rush isn't going to be insane like RotR or even FoP for that matter.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
LOL, maybe some some sort of FAQ would help. I read back many pages, searched and also looked at the first post and literally no one has discussed it. But but no, I didn’t read all 210 pages so you’ll just have to scroll on by. Also, Disney doesn’t even mention this very common situation in their FAQs.
Not reading all 210 pages and then dropping in and asking is like showing up at the end of a marathon in a taxi and expecting a finisher's medal.

Just sayin'...

techgeek

I think the boarding group system (originally designed to control capacity for the entire land, remember..) was simply a quick fix pressed into use as an operational necessity for an attraction that was rushed opened at less then half capacity.

RotR has approximately the same theoretical hourly capacity as the other ‘drop dead must do’ attraction on property, FoP. FoP has been able to manage perfectly well with a FP / standby arrangement, I don’t see any reason why RotR won’t be able to as well. I suspect once full capacity reliability is achieved we’re going to wake up one quiet morning in January or February and find the standby line simply ‘open’, with no boarding groups in play.

If it pulls the numbers it needs to, there’s simply no guest services reason to treat the ride with special rules and continue to deny access to paying guests simply because they walk in the gate later in the day. No other ride on property has ever played by such rules, and I can only imagine the guest services headaches that must be generated as a result.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
And your boring argument fails to acknowledge that disney doesnt have to give resort guests everything for the on property incentive to still be intact. Do onsite resort guests get to break the normal FP limit? Do they get to book multiple parks?
Yes, if they're willing to stay Club Level and pay the $50 per person per day fee for 3 days.

disneygeek90

I suspect once full capacity reliability is achieved we’re going to wake up one quiet morning in January or February and find the standby line simply ‘open’, with no boarding groups in play.
I’m still not convinced it would be that soon. Why is there no FP for SR yet? They opened that 5 months ago. I suppose they could open FP at the same time for both but it doesn’t make a ton of sense to push the FP for the heavily demanded attraction more than one that could actually handle it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I think the boarding group system (originally designed to control capacity for the entire land, remember..) was simply a quick fix pressed into use as an operational necessity for an attraction that was rushed opened at less then half capacity.

RotR has approximately the same theoretical hourly capacity as the other ‘drop dead must do’ attraction on property, FoP. FoP has been able to manage perfectly well with a FP / standby arrangement, I don’t see any reason why RotR won’t be able to as well. I suspect once full capacity reliability is achieved we’re going to wake up one quiet morning in January or February and find the standby line simply ‘open’, with no boarding groups in play.

If it pulls the numbers it needs to, there’s simply no guest services reason to treat the ride with special rules and continue to deny access to paying guests simply because they walk in the gate later in the day. No other ride on property has ever played by such rules, and I can only imagine the guest services headaches that must be generated as a result.
Well, if you hate it now, imagine how much you're going to hate it when they start allowing on-site Club Level resort guests to reserve BGs at the 60-day-out point...

Patcheslee

How about this: BGs will go away when they announce the Star Wars hotel opening date, which coincidentally will get you front line access to RotR AND Smugglers Run once during your stay. (Fine print subject to ride operation, unplanned downtime, blah blah blah...)

RSoxNo1

I believe they got up to 193 yesterday as both the last group distributed and the last group to ride. Does anyone know the last group distributed today?

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Right now Flight of Passage is at 225 minutes.
On Christmas Eve it eclipsed 300. It’s been up to 240 today. I’m not sure how long thrill-data has been tracking, but they list an all time high of 345.
EE23BD21-6584-47A7-9082-E54862C3F8D5.png

relic827

I just said people keep talking about 5-7 hour waits and that I’ve never seen that. People keep replying to that post with examples of 3-4 hour waits. I’m not saying that’s not a long wait. I’m saying those particular examples have nothing to do with me saying I’ve never seen 5-7 hour waits.

No Name

Both this and FoP have terribly low hourly capacity. FoP is below 1500 and RotR is below 2000. For RotR, if they designed the ride with a third row on each vehicle, they could’ve brought capacity up to the mid-high 2000s while hardly sacrificing ride experience, and ops could’ve managed capacity lower if/when they needed to artificially inflate wait times. Unfortunately the imagineers often don’t really get it nor do they care.

Pirates in Shanghai is in the 3000 ballpark and it’s fantastic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom