News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

flynnibus

Premium Member
They're still "resort guests" who can both bust the limit and jump park boundaries.

That's not how logic works... you don't get to take a subset and make it apply to a grander set that includes portions not of the subset.

The premise still holds... Resort guests get perks, they don't get any perk people dream up, nor are they at the 'front of the line' for any and all constrained activities at Disney. So if Disney doesn't give something to the Resort Guests its a choice.. not some violation of convention.

sonoma15

I don't know if that would have been feasible. I am struggling to think of an example of a trackless ride vehicle as large as the ones on Rise as it is. Since these things are trackless and have to run off their batteries, weight definitely becomes an issue.
Not really what you would use in a ride like Rise, but the Kong and F&F vehicles are pretty big, so trackless vehicles can definitely be bigger.

nickys

Premium Member
Keep in mind that 60 days out from now is one of the "slower" times of the year. Availability is even more scarce during moderate to busy times of the year.

Slinky or FoP at 60+4 or 60+5 is possible at virtually any time of year. For the Christmas/New Year period, FPs were actually pretty easy to get despite it being a crazy busy time.

Thing is, for those that know the system, if you have 5 days you will be able to book most of what you want for now, whenever you plan to go.

The tiers are the biggest headache because it forces people to agonise over which rides to book and which rides to rope drop. That choice will increase when the new rides join FP, but more rides will actually make most FPs easier to get. The only ride in DHS right now that isn’t usually available as a 4th or 5th FP is Slinky.

But the biggest problem with FP+ is that it takes 70-80% of capacity of a ride, at the expense of everyone else who doesn’t have an FP - for whatever reason.

seggerman

We discovered from the less than great reaction to Millennium Falcon there the intersection between Star Wars fans and Disney fans isn't the same as the Avatar fans. Maybe in a few months the brouhaha will die down. The shoot em up rides (Toy Story Mania, Buzz Lightyear) and the speed through space (Star Tours) don't have the appeal as the sights of wonder rides (Soarin, Mission Space).

Kamikaze

Slinky or FoP at 60+4 or 60+5 is possible at virtually any time of year. For the Christmas/New Year period, FPs were actually pretty easy to get despite it being a crazy busy time.

There were DHS FPs available over the holidays because they extended park hours only a week or so before the actual dates. So people moved them, got new ones, etc.

dreamfinder

When your group is called you have two hours. Should you go immediately, shoot for sometime in the middle, towards the end, or don’t worry about it. Thoughts by people that have been on it? We noticed when they had groups here at DL to get into the land waiting an hour was best and the line had dropped on SR.

Well, I would say it depends on your exact situation. If its early in the morning, and the lines for other rides are still short, then you may be benefit from trying to squeeze in a few more rides and then heading over to get in line. If it's later in the day and you wait too long, then there is a chance the ride may go offline and wouldn't come back on before the park closed and you missed your chance. Outside of that, I woulnd't say it matters much one way or the other. That two hours basically just helps you to make sure you have enough time to get back over to the park and the ride, even if you are currently eating, or in another park.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Why does it matter if anyone is in the park and on the forums?

Because it's fun to watch. It's fun to see their excitement build and their pictures of all the other excited people out there. And then, like rooting for a sports team, you get excited for them hoping they get a great boarding group. Then it's fun to hear how they liked the ride.

I don't know... starting the morning off with a few excited forum members reporting in is just a lot better to me than bickering. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom